GigaDraco's Fire Emblem Minecraft Skins

GigaDraco

So I haven't actually bought Minecraft yet, and while I'm waiting to do so, I figured I'd mess around with some custom skins.

I only have 1 at the moment but I will be making more. I'll be making them based on a few things:

1. If I can't find any skins that someone has made of that particular character

2. If I find an existing skin of the character I want to make and I feel that I might be able to do better.

____

So the first up is, Hector!

HectorSkinScreenshot.png

hectorskinscreenshotback.png

I tried to recreate his cape the best I could. I feel it's an essential part of his design. I think the next logical step would have to be an sword texture mod that turns everything into various axes*

*Plan to redo this one

____

Next up we have Oswin!

oswinskinscreenshotfront-1.png

oswinskinscreenshotback-1.png

After doing this one, I realized how hard it is to really follow Hector's armor and I will definitely give him a redo in the future.

REUPLOAD: Reuploaded this one to fix the hair color to be more accurate to the artwork.

___

Matthew time!

matthewskinscreenshotfront.png

matthewskinscreenshotback.png

I had to take a few liberties with the design here. Since when you paint the arms and legs it affects both of them I couldn't have his cape draped over him like in the artwork. I think these are slowly getting better. Once I'm satisfied with my progress on these I'll go back and modify the older ones.

___

It's a Florina!

florinaskinscreenshotfront.png

florinaskinscreenshotback.png

I like how the shading and the hair came out, especially the shading on the hair itself. I don't think she looks quite cutesy enough though. I didn't want her to look too mature yet I wanted to give her some femininity. I'm not sure how else to make her look better than that right now.

Also:

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i480/GigaDraco/Minecraft%20Skins/florinaarmor.png

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i480/GigaDraco/Minecraft%20Skins/florinahair.png

These screenshots show off her armor detail (the straps on the side and all) and how I did her hair.

___

___

Non FE Related Skins:

WallaceSkinScreenshot.png

It's Wallace from Scott Pilgrim! The clothes used are the same ones he wears in the PS3/XBOX360 game. I'm still working on his face. An 8x8 grid is difficult to work with when trying to make his expression.

REUPLOAD: Gave him some spiky hair, not sure how I feel on this one yet.

I also a non FE skin I have and I'll post those up here too if you guys want to see them. Other than that, I plan on making more including Sain and Oswin

Edited by GigaDraco

I say put up all your skins, and have fun. Also, learning how to make use of the head textures can be really awesome--I have a cookie-monster skin with eyes that pop out just like the actual character. It's not a static box texture. You can do some cool things with it, like make hair that's really coming off the character model, giving texture to the hair.

I say put up all your skins, and have fun. Also, learning how to make use of the head textures can be really awesome--I have a cookie-monster skin with eyes that pop out just like the actual character. It's not a static box texture. You can do some cool things with it, like make hair that's really coming off the character model, giving texture to the hair.

I'm using MCSkinEdit, can you do all of that with it? I tried giving some definition to the hair but it ended up just floating on top I don't know if I just don't know the trick or if I need to run it by another program or something. Can you link me to the cookie monster one? I'd like to see exactly what you mean.