Nighttime Chat OP.

Since Nightmare, Sevensins, and SmartRutter are usually asleep at night, I say we have an OP who's active during the night... Personally, I think AngelOfDeath is a good choice. He's on pretty much all night, and has shown a lot of maturity when it comes down to spammers and the like... At the very least, one of the current OP's should temporarily pass powers to him while they sleep.

Zeph makes this suggestion because there's currently a spammer inside the chat room and is annoying us. I'm messing with his head, best I can do so far. <_<

EDIT: Anyway, I'm pretty nocturnal. I stay up till 5 AM PST, if that means anything. This guy currently calls himself sly, and is on multiple channels.

sly is hostmask@dm-17978.vc.shawcable.net * sly

sly on #milknhoney #elderscrolls @#gdhhg #kisplace #blueplanet #Serenes_Forest +#psipog #psionicsonline #psionline

sly using intermedia.sg.as.darkmyst.org www.intermedia.com.sg

sly End of /WHOIS list.

Which is what it's showing my currently, and I'm scared to discover what those other channels are. I'm messing with his head, pretending that I'm a girl and I'll not go into the other details. I'm just trying to excite him, and get him to come in the morning. By then, a chat op should be there to do something about him if I'm off.

EDIT2: (This is what Hika says) Hika says this sly person is most likely on a proxy. He somehow changed his IP in a short amount of time.

sly is services@darkmyst.org * 0

sly using services.darkmyst.org DarkMyst's Services

sly End of /WHOIS list.

I have no idea how to deal with him right now. And kick-banning doesn't seem to help.

EDIT3: Omg...

Guest35199 is hostmask@dm-8298.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net * sly

Guest35199 on #milknhoney #elderscrolls @#gdhhg #kisplace #blueplanet #Serenes_Forest +#psipog #psionicsonline #psionline

Guest35199 using apocalypse.fi.eu.darkmyst.org DarkMyst's Finland Server

Guest35199 End of /WHOIS list.

Edited by AngelOfDeath

Well I agree that AOD should be a op he's on when the other op's are off asleep, plus for someone around my brother's age, he show's a ton a maturity. The only reason why I say my brother is because his grade is filled with little imature kid's that are his age.

In short, I agree that AOD should be a op

Sly came back?

I agree with AoD being a good choice, though. Isn't he on till like 5 in the morning? He's not afraid of kicking and banning, either. . .

Omg, one of the mods say something. ._.

Anyway, I don't like seeing strangers on IRC that don't have an account on SF. When an unrecognized IP comes in, it just screams "OMG ANNOYING SPAMMER" to me and no ones there to take care of them ._.

Edited by AngelOfDeath

You know, i am actually online til 5am EST. I just haven't been online this past week since i was on vacation.

About the spammers, i have no idea since there is no one in the bans list at the moment.

Angel of Death and I are usually up until 6am or so. I went to sleep at 8am this morning. Still, since I'm not the most active, AoD would make a decent choice...I'll look into that o:

• 4 weeks later...
cym and des are always online too i vote for them or maybe fire man hes on till late

They barely know anything about IRC, plus, they'd need to use a real program, not the crapplet. No offence to them.

we don't need a nightnight op.

Yes we do.

Edited by Nightmare

They barely know anything about IRC, plus, they'd need to use a real program, not the crapplet. No offence to them.

Yes we do.

I didn't ask to be an op. . . so could you not criticize me? >.>

Anyway, we really need a nighttime op. Some guy named Asiekierka (a guy from one of Smarty's communities) came in and started to spam like mad. And we had no ops on. ._.

Edited by Cymbeline