Agent Minimafia - Game Over, Town wins

Paperblade

Then the Serial Killer is Kaoz. Before he subbed, the Serial Killer never did anything, and only an idiot would use a dangerous role just after receiving it from an afk player. Unless I'm confusing Agent Minimafia with ToV Mafia, I say he should be lynched. >:

Elaborate, I'm not really following your line of logic here.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaborate, I'm not really following your line of logic here.

Darros / Komatsu was afk for the entire game. You're his sub. The Serial Killer apparently didn't make an action on the entire game. Komatsu and the Serial Killer have been afk for the entire game. This is a simple equation, I just hope I'm not swapping information with the other Mafia.

Well ignore them working together. But either way saying the SK remained idle the entire game is ridiculous.

Yeah, I think so too.

Just because the SK and mafia are killing on separate nights doesnt mean Kaoz is the SK

When did the SK kill anyone to begin with? It's likely that kirsche died because of Sho's role, but he didn't specify it because "we're too stupid to notice obvious things and contribute".

Darros / Komatsu was afk for the entire game. You're his sub. The Serial Killer apparently didn't make an action on the entire game. Komatsu and the Serial Killer have been afk for the entire game. This is a simple equation, I just hope I'm not swapping information with the other Mafia.

The killer, often called the serial killer, or SK, is a role that is aligned with neither the mafia or the town; rather, they win by themselves, though it is possible to joint win with other people. The role is generally used in setups to balance out a lower number of mafia.

A Killer is forced to target one person every night for a kill. He does not gather and converse with other killers, and his kill is similar to that of the Mafia. Victory is declared for the Killer if he is one of two remaining (last one standing).

http://wiki.epicmafi...hp?title=Killer

Well, every second night in this game apparently, but the point is that Darros would have died already if he was SK and inactive (and we know that he was inactive since I wouldn't be standing here now otherwise).

It is possible that the SK killed half of the dead people currently. It may be that he and mafia simply can't kill each night. This has been stated a few times. The sk and mafia may be killing every other night.

I can't argue agaisnt that, nor take it as a fact, only Kaoz's answer will be able to enlighten me about it. However...

It is possible that the SK killed half of the dead people currently.

It isn't. The Mafia is supposed to kill, obviously. What the hell is a Mafia Game without the Mafia killing people? It is much more likely that the SK has a role restriction.

It may be that he and mafia simply can't kill each night.

Mhm, right.

Well, every second night in this game apparently, but the point is that Darros would have died already if he was SK and inactive (and we know that he was inactive since I wouldn't be standing here now otherwise).

Let's say it is true and the Serial Killer is indeed forced to send an answer each night. What would happen with the Serial Killer role if one were to be inactive?

A) The inactive SK dies

B) The game resets

This game is a mini-mafia, and the first post says that the Town is actually the majority, while the Mafia is the minority (let's not count the Fanatic Leader and the SK). That's the way the game is supposed to be. Let me quote you:

The killer, often called the serial killer, or SK, is a role that is aligned with neither the mafia or the town; rather, they win by themselves, though it is possible to joint win with other people. The role is generally used in setups to balance out a lower number of mafia.

A Killer is forced to target one person every night for a kill. He does not gather and converse with other killers, and his kill is similar to that of the Mafia. Victory is declared for the Killer if he is one of two remaining (last one standing).

In games when the numbers of Town is higher than the Mafia (it always is, but in some cases the number is much higher), the SK is chosen so he can balance things out. Paperblade has planed it from the very beginning to be like that. Would he stop the game just because the SK is inactive, being the only way to know that is to wait until Night 2? That question bugs me... But hey! If he's got a sub, then there's no need for concern! Your excuse becomes invalid, in that case.

It isn't. The Mafia is supposed to kill, obviously. What the hell is a Mafia Game without the Mafia killing people? It is much more likely that the SK has a role restriction.

It's not uncommon for a mafia to kill only every second night, if there are two, and the SK can be seen as a one man mafia in this case.

Let's say it is true and the Serial Killer is indeed forced to send an answer each night. What would happen with the Serial Killer role if one were to be inactive?

A) The inactive SK dies

B) The game resets

A.

This game is a mini-mafia, and the first post says that the Town is actually the majority, while the Mafia is the minority (let's not count the Fanatic Leader and the SK). That's the way the game is supposed to be. Let me quote you:

In games when the numbers of Town is higher than the Mafia (it always is, but in some cases the number is much higher), the SK is chosen so he can balance things out. Paperblade has planed it from the very beginning to be like that. Would he stop the game just because the SK is inactive, being the only way to know that is to wait until Night 2? That question bugs me... But hey! If he's got a sub, then there's no need for concern! Your excuse becomes invalid, in that case.

This doesn't even make sense. The host can plan a lot of things, but that doesn't mean it can't play out completly differently through luck or inactivity. Unless you are suggesting he should reset the whole game (how would this work anyway?) whenever someone is inactive?

Also, going with the theory that the SK and mafia have alternating kills...

N1 - SK or Mafia kill

N2 - Mafia or SK kill

I was subbed in N3, in other words, Darros would have already been killed for not sending in an action.

This doesn't even make sense. The host can plan a lot of things, but that doesn't mean it can't play out completly differently through luck or inactivity. Unless you are suggesting he should reset the whole game (how would this work anyway?) whenever someone is inactive?

Also, going with the theory that the SK and mafia have alternating kills...

N1 - SK or Mafia kill

N2 - Mafia or SK kill

I was subbed in N3, in other words, Darros would have already been killed for not sending in an action.

Would Paperblade really kill such an important role knowing he could find a sub?

The Serial Killer is a very important role. If one SK were inactive, the game wouldn't be the same. That's why the host wouldn't be able to afford killing him.

Questions you guys! I'll fill these out personally in a little while, I have some homework to do.

1. Who is the most town in your eyes and why?

2. Who is the most scum/mafia/serial killer in your eyes and why?

3. Is there anyone lurking? Posting with out contibuting?

4. Who do you feel we should target after Kay and why?

5. What do you think the situation with night kills is like?

6. Do you have a will?

6b. If no, why not?

Well, I guess I can't make much of a case here, can I? Nice job, townies.

Also, Lorddomu, I know who you are, it's totally obvious. Play better next time, and maybe you'll deserve to win.

Well, I guess I can't make much of a case here, can I? Nice job, townies.

Also, Lorddomu, I know who you are, it's totally obvious. Play better next time, and maybe you'll deserve to win.

What is my role, then?

Questions you guys! I'll fill these out personally in a little while, I have some homework to do.

Me! Because Kay is Mafia and just said that I'm not one of the Mafia. I'm probably going to die this turn, though.

Proto is the most scum because he was active but never ever posted, and now he's back. Even when he's back, he keeps disappearing at random and it's suspicious for me. Shinori is a bit suspicious because he sheeps, but meh just a bit suspicious. I think Kaoz is the SK, but it's just a theory for now.

Shinori, kinda. Maybe it's just because he's a newbie, like me.

Proto or Kaoz. It's hard to choose, hmm...

To tell you the truth, I'm confused about it. I have no clue. Maybe the one who picks their target first gets to kill on the turn? Maybe the SK only kills on Night 2, 4, 6 etc? Maybe the SK has been AFK and Kaos took his role as a sub? They are such theory breakers...

6. Do you have a will?

No.

6b. If no, why not?

Something to do with me, I'll tell you later. I think you shouldn't ask why, though, since it reveals what the players have been doing.

I was inactive last week because I was busy with midterms and stuff. This week, I was celebrating Eid-ul-Adha, but I don't think I was actually "inactive". At least, I try to post whenever I come online.

Anyways

Shinori and Strawman. Clipsey! drove herself with Shinori while ShoM survived the first night, confirming Shinori's innocence. Shinori survived Night 3, when Strawman was being recruited, confirming Strawman as well.

Kay, obviously, after Blitzy's investigation. I am also a bit suspicious of Domu, because I really don't think Kay would have said something like that directed to him specifically unless she wanted us to think he was Town.

Uh, from what I noticed, Psych hasn't actually said anything productive. Shinori also seems like it too, but he's definitely Town.

Also, Psych, why don't you answer your own questions?

I don't know. Even if I had someone in mind, I wouldn't mention it here. I don't want the Mafia/SK to find out who we want to go after, since it can influence their decision on who to kill. I'd rather wait until after this Day, and the following Night, is over, before trying to come to a decision on what we should do.

We've had single deaths on all nights except one, when ShoM tried to recruit the Cult Leader and shot him instead. With two anti-Town killing factions confirmed in this game (Mafia and Serial Killer), it's reasonable to assume that they fire on alternate nights.

6. Do you have a will?

Nope

6b. If no, why not?

From what I can see, the will's purpose is to share information that you would prefer to keep hidden until you die. If I were to die, there would be nothing for me to reveal to you guys that wouldn't already be written in the role PM. All my thoughts and opinions can be posted right here in this thread.

Psych, I'll answer your questions when I'm back from uni.

Would Paperblade really kill such an important role knowing he could find a sub?

The Serial Killer is a very important role. If one SK were inactive, the game wouldn't be the same. That's why the host wouldn't be able to afford killing him.

It's a rule that's associated with a SK, it doesn't matter if the host wants to kill him, he's forced to. Heck, if they alternate kills, and Paperblade didn't try to find a sub for both possible killing nights (N1 and N2), according to your logic that makes me even less likely to be the SK.

Shinori and SSS. Same reasons as Proto.

I'm not sure. I dislike the fact that Domo jumped at me with some baseless stuff though. Also if you look at his answer to question 6, it seems like a contradiction.

No, or not enough to get too suspicious.

There are various people that I'm around equally suspicious of, but I'm not sure yet which one would be an actually viable target.

We've had single deaths on all nights except one, when ShoM tried to recruit the Cult Leader and shot him instead. With two anti-Town killing factions confirmed in this game (Mafia and Serial Killer), it's reasonable to assume that they fire on alternate nights.

6. Do you have a will?

Naturally, it would be a waste not to have one when given the option.

Deadline.

Kay was lynched. She was:

Dear Kay,

You are Ansel, Agent Hooker. You are fabulous. And should probably put a shirt on. It's fucking cold out there.

At night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Distracting USER." USER will be unable to complete his night action since you will be too busy distracting him with fancy magic tricks.

Additionally, if <SNIP> and <SNIP> are both dead, you will gain the ability to control the night kill.

You may talk to all other Agents outside of the main thread.

You are allied with the Agents. You win if the number of Agents alive is equal to or greater than the number of non-Agents alive.

It is now Night 4. Night 4 ends in 24 hours.

Also day phases are being shortened to 48 hours.

Phase.

Lorddomu is dead.

Dear Lorddomu,

You are Len, Military Wizard. You ran away from home to see the world, which apparently involves joining the military.

At day, you may respond to your role PM with "Day X - Holding USER." You will cast a spell to hold USER in stasis, preventing him from performing his night action, but also causing all night actions targeting him to fail. Additionally, you will be able to talk to USER outside of the main thread for that night.

You are allied with the Military. You win if the Agents, Fanatics, and Serial Killer are eliminated.

He left no will.

It is now Day 4. Day 4 ends in 24 hours (Saturday 8PM PST).

Well then, considering its lylo and you guys aren't talking, and Shinori and myself are clear. That gives us 3 possible targets, 2 of whom are scum.

##Vote: Kaoz

Darros contributed nothing and stayed under the radar, maybe to hide that hes scum. While you've mostly just been arguing/correcting Lorddomu's logic while not really adding anything to the discussion.