Spell Creation

Dr.Sholes

It's just what it says: that image uses too many tiles.

I *probably* should have mentioned in this my tutorial. The only thing is I never remembered because I'm so used to avoiding it by habit... XP

This problem, IIRC, occurs when an object frame uses too many tiles. There is a limit to the amount of space it can take up, essentially, except it's not by pixels, but rather by tiles. FYI, a tile is 8x8 pixels. Thus what results is an overflow of data in the memory and from there, well... problems. FEditor prevents that from happening by giving you an error message. To fix it, you would have to make your image use less tiles. And that may mean that your sprite sheet just isn't "compatible" with FEditor Adv.

However, again, IIRC, and only IIRC, you can use as many tiles as you like in the background frame, the one that is stretched a bunch and whatnot. The downside is that those frames lose quality and that you cannot differentiate between which parts of that frame are transparent and which aren't--the level of translucency applies to the whole image, so if you had something that shouldn't be translucent in a spell frame, along with something that should, and the thing that shouldn't takes up too much space to be in the object frame... you're screwed. >______>

EDIT: Oh but to be sure you should post the script and frames as well as the log in FEditor Adv's spell animation inserter. You can do the first 2 things by uploading a ZIP and linking to it, and for the latter a simple screenshot of FEditor Adv will suffice.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy