Question about Master Crowns

To first start things off. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is my very first Fire Emblem game, I have literally no experience with the previous titles, so I need some help in needs of promoting my characters. I am playing this game in Easy Mode since I'm new to the Fire Emblem series, but I do have previous experience with SRPGs like Shining Force.

So far, I have been saving up my Master Seals and Master Crowns, and I am now on Part 4 - Prologue. I was just curious about when should I start using my Master Crowns. Because personally, I would prefer my final party to be consisted of Haar, Brom, Nephenee, Heather, Rolf, Shinon, Rhys, Meg, Zihark, and Reyson. They are all 20/3~5/XX, meaning that I have raised them to Level 20 to promote them and they are now around Levels 3 to 5 in the second tier, and none of them have been promoted to the third tier. This also goes for people outside of my party, I have levelled them all equally for some dumb reason. ^^;; I raised their levels using the BEXP I've earned and also those earned on the battlefield. [i don't know if it's possible in the final stages, so please don't spoil it for me. ^^;; ]

So when is a good time for me to start using my Master Crowns? Is it good to use them when they are now at Level 5 or should I wait till they're like Levels 20/10/1? Thanks in advance for anyone for answering my question. ^^;;

Ouchhh.

Well, I think you can only use a master crown on second tier units who are above level 10. Or you could level them up to 21 so they would be 20/20/1, which would be most beneficial stat wise.

yeah i agree here.

btw, how are Meg and Brom turning out? i've never used either of them. and do u know about their bond and what it does and whatnot?

Yeah, I was afraid that I wasn't doing very well stats-wise. But I was able to get this far with my party! =D So I should try to get the party I mostly like to get them up to 20/20/1 to benefit them because I was afraid that I'll lose out on good stat gains from them not levelling up. But if anything, I might try to make them 20/10/1.

As with Brom and Meg, I had never got Brom and Meg to do a support with each other. I have Brom with Nephenee as support, so he is my main tank and I prefer him more than Gatrie because he can move more than he does and deal just as good amount of damage. So I mainly used Brom to bash away the enemies and use him to push forward to finish the game. And then with Meg, she has a support with Zihark, and I love this girl. She can hit enemies up to four times and this girl can hold off good on her own. She was especially useful in Part 3 - Chapter 13: Blood Contract because I doubt I would've gotten far without Meg on my team.

Yeah, I was afraid that I wasn't doing very well stats-wise. But I was able to get this far with my party! =D So I should try to get the party I mostly like to get them up to 20/20/1 to benefit them because I was afraid that I'll lose out on good stat gains from them not levelling up. But if anything, I might try to make them 20/10/1.

As with Brom and Meg, I had never got Brom and Meg to do a support with each other. I have Brom with Nephenee as support, so he is my main tank and I prefer him more than Gatrie because he can move more than he does and deal just as good amount of damage. So I mainly used Brom to bash away the enemies and use him to push forward to finish the game. And then with Meg, she has a support with Zihark, and I love this girl. She can hit enemies up to four times and this girl can hold off good on her own. She was especially useful in Part 3 - Chapter 13: Blood Contract because I doubt I would've gotten far without Meg on my team.

Brom and Meg come with a bond which means that if their standing right next to each other during a fight their critical hit change goes up by like 15% i believe. cant remember if theres any other bonuses, but u could check if you'd like

Weisspraline, I'm like you, I don't care about stats and having an uber-strong party. I just choose the people I like and favor during the course of the game via their dialogues and interactions. ^^;; Which is why I like Brom and Meg because they're such sweethearts. Though I may be one of the very few that actually like the two.

I will try to see if Brom and Meg do have a support with each other later because my current party doesn't have both of them in it. And I hate to lose my A support with Nephenee as Brom, and my B support with Zihark as Meg. So if I change their support, I can always get them back, right? Or I have to gain it back all over again?

And I keep hearing about Jeigans, is there a character in Radiant Dawn that is one?

if its gone (like the letter isnt their) you have to get it back, but they can be separated and their support will still be their

No, you don't fail. :D

And you don't need to have a support people to get the bond effect. It gives more bonuses, though.

For example. My Rolf was at a Billista with an A Boyd support, with Boyd and Oscar right next to him. He had about a 40-50% to critical, I believe.

And some people like Brom, it's just Meg people tend to hate. ;D

oh wait. now that i read what i said, i may have worded it a little weird

if they are separated, like they are in different group in part 4, they will still have the support letter, but the support bonuses wont be there. To get the bonuses, they have to be 1-3 spaces of each other. And you can check what the support bonuses are. When there are within 3 spaces of each other, just go to one of their profiles and scroll to the page where it has the support summary on the right hand of the page (cant think of the specific page its on at the top of my head)

Whew! i think that was a little more clearer

Wait a minute... so you've promoted all of them? That means they're 3rd tier (except Meg) because all of those units start at 2nd tier (except Meg)

Thanks, everyone. You've been a great help. I am now on Part 3 - Chapter 4 and I wanna bang my head against a wall. I totally forgot to recruit Stefan and the worst thing, I had Micaiah near that location too. Never again shall I misread information. Oh well, not a huge loss, is it? I'm still going for Oliver, I wonder how he's like.

Oh yeah, just a quick question. Mist got herself the Holy Crown, I tried to promote her to 20/10/-- and she can't use it. Did I do something wrong? Or is there a trick to it?

Mist starts out at tier 2, they just moved both of her PoR classes up a tier. And Stefan is good just not as good as the other TrueBlades, as long as the fact that Oliver is easily the worst healing unit, easily the worst magic unit altogether actually, and is easily one of the worst units in the game.

Mist starts out at tier 2, they just moved both of her PoR classes up a tier. And Stefan is good just not as good as the other TrueBlades, as long as the fact that Oliver is easily the worst healing unit, easily the worst magic unit altogether actually, and is easily one of the worst units in the game.

you took the letters right off my computer...

There you go again, replying JUST to get a +1. I LOATHE spammers. You know, people like you.

funny you should say, cuz you are also a hatchling...

and I'm not even the top poster, I'm only like number 4 or 5

funny you should say, cuz you are also a hatchling...

and I'm not even the top poster, I'm only like number 4 or 5

And unlike 5 out of the 6 of us hatchlings I didn't spam to become one. You, Meteor, your brother, Amarao, and aurion all spammed to become a hatchling, but me? No. I didn't.

And unlike 5 out of the 6 of us hatchlings I didn't spam to become one. You, Meteor, your brother, Amarao, and aurion all spammed to become a hatchling, but me? No. I didn't.

think of it as we just love to talk Fire Emblem in our spare time which we all have a lot of :)

Jeigan was a charater you get in the first FE i think that came with uber high stats and was promoted, while the rest of your characters were just beginners. If you used the "Jeigan" too much, he/she would one-hit kill everyting, but would also steal all your exp from the other characters. I think Sothe was the "Jeigan" in Radiant Dawn cause he came promoted, but wasnt much of a threat in any case, if you did use him in tight situations. If you ever play FE9, Path of Radiance, which I suggest you do, its a great game!, Titania was the Jeigan and you really shouldn't use her until all your other characters get near level 21. Just a word of advice though...I suggest you dont level all the characters you get up equally the next time you play an FE game. By doing that you are wasting exp that you could possibly give to the other characters you will be using in the final chapters. So by now, you should be only putting those you want to take into the final battle in to the rest of the maps. This is to prevent spreading out the exp too much. You dont want to make all your characters ok, rather than making an awsome few. This will make the ending battles much less stressful for you. I hope this helps and sorry if I got the whole Jeigan thing wrong since I never played the first FE. ;D