new patch for FE4, and hack request

hkchun

Hello.

I'm kinda new here so I'll really appreciate any kinda help.

I attached a file(it's a zip file containing the ips file and save file for Celice) for FE4(Genealogy of Holy War), it's like the inflation patch, but a very new one.

Characters can use guns and rods, and there are new characters like other patches.

It was updated August or September of 2011, so I assume it's one of the newest patch for FE4.

The only downside is that Sigurd and his son's portrait is PINK for whatever reason, and I really can't stand this :(

Could some be kind enough to change the portraits of Sigurd and Celise to original ones?

I assume this is an easy task for expert hackers.

Feedback to fantasy7707@hanmail.net would very much be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Ver3.2.zip

Edited by hkchun

That's pretty cool, dragons and guns :P Where'd you find this hack at?

And to those who didn't know, the attached text file is the patch. Rename the extension to .ips. The forums sometimes restricts file types. I usually put the ips files in a zip file, 'cause the forums don't mind that format.

Do you have a save file for when Celice is playable? We could probably change the pink back to blue but it would be helpful to have a save to make sure we've changed the correct data :)

Wow, that's a quick reply!!

Glad you're enjoying the patch :)

I found it at a Japanese site I think.

And I added the save file for chapters 5~7(or maybe 5~6, either way Celice should be playable) to the original post.

And btw, do you have the newest Narga patch?

Mine seems to have a bug, at chapter 7 and 8, when Shanan comes out the game crashes, and Sigurd has a weird portrait and class :(

It is an easy task to change the colors back. I was going to give it a try, but I see not all of my older programs are compatible with my new Windows :E And I don't feel like finding new programs :P

If you don't think you're able to edit the colors, I would ask at romhacking dot net and see if someone there would be willing to do this small edit for you, or at least help you out.

According to the uploader's wiki, the last version of Narga was ナーガの系譜 Ver4.11. I have a really, really old version on my computer... (2.86!). I attached the patch to this post, but you probably don't want this version. The last uploader has disappeared, so I don't know how we can download v4.11 now. I think when a new version is created it will be uploaded to the new uploader at

http://ux.getuploader.com/FE3/

This is the wiki where I got the information

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/fe_mars/

I was able to download a large archive of uploads from the previous uploader, but it seems the new uploader removed that file. I can send you this archive and you can look through for the newest version of the Narga patch, if you'd like :) My computer only shows gibberish for some of the filenames, so I can't find it myself :/

fe4.zip

:sob: Hmm, if you can tell me what programs you need, I'll try to find it for you :)

I can edit simple stuff like changing classes, using the FE4 rom editor, but it doesn't support changing portraits :(

And would you be able to send me the archive? I was also looking for Ayra version, hope it's there too.

You can send it to my email, fantasy7707@hanmail.net.

Thanks a lot.

Celice, would you be able to help?

I asked the people at romhacking.net using Java chatting, but haven't been able to get any help :(

I think it'll be better to ask for help here since people here seems to be more used to FE hacking.

I tried this hack. I'm currently on chapter two.

Gotta say, the lack of recruitable characters is very saddening. And for some reason Alec and Holyns replacement make my screen screwy.

ALSO BRIGGID HOLY CRAP

Celice, would you be able to help?

I asked the people at romhacking.net using Java chatting, but haven't been able to get any help :(

I think it'll be better to ask for help here since people here seems to be more used to FE hacking.

Well, it actually doesn't matter where you ask, 'cause all that needs to be done is a few colors need to be changed back to the originals ^^ I can edit the colors for you, but I have finals next week, so I'm studying for them at the moment. If you can wait until the end of next week, I could take a look at it in more depth. Most of it is just locating the data, but like I said, my programs are a few years old and they don't work on my newest copy of Windows. I'll have to look around and see if there's an updates, and that might take a few hours :(

But everyone here who has edited GBA colors before can help you, as the process is exactly the same. So if someone would like to step in in the meantime, it would be nice. It might also be better to make a thread at the forums at romhacking dot net explaining what you need help with. Sometimes the people in a chat room aren't as helpful as the rest of the people who hang out at the message boards :) The process should only take five minutes, especially since you've given us a save file with Celice available.

(I sent you the email with the archive. Good luck! I also have an older version of the Ayra hack if for some reason you can't find that either)

EDIT: So I have some unfortunate news. I was able to get the general area where Celice's palette is, but it looks like the palette is compressed for one reason or another. I saw parts of his new pink palette around $CAF10. I don't know if the compression is a generic LZ format (there's a few repeating compressions Nintendo used in some of their games) or if it's something unique. So it's not just a five minute job. I think you should just play with the pinky guy :E

Edited by Celice

Well, it actually doesn't matter where you ask, 'cause all that needs to be done is a few colors need to be changed back to the originals ^^ I can edit the colors for you, but I have finals next week, so I'm studying for them at the moment. If you can wait until the end of next week, I could take a look at it in more depth. Most of it is just locating the data, but like I said, my programs are a few years old and they don't work on my newest copy of Windows. I'll have to look around and see if there's an updates, and that might take a few hours :(

But everyone here who has edited GBA colors before can help you, as the process is exactly the same. So if someone would like to step in in the meantime, it would be nice. It might also be better to make a thread at the forums at romhacking dot net explaining what you need help with. Sometimes the people in a chat room aren't as helpful as the rest of the people who hang out at the message boards :) The process should only take five minutes, especially since you've given us a save file with Celice available.

(I sent you the email with the archive. Good luck! I also have an older version of the Ayra hack if for some reason you can't find that either)

EDIT: So I have some unfortunate news. I was able to get the general area where Celice's palette is, but it looks like the palette is compressed for one reason or another. I saw parts of his new pink palette around $CAF10. I don't know if the compression is a generic LZ format (there's a few repeating compressions Nintendo used in some of their games) or if it's something unique. So it's not just a five minute job. I think you should just play with the pinky guy :E

Argh, that sux :(

I made a post at Shrine of Seals, it's a Fire Emblem site so I thought it'd be better than romhacking.net.

Btw, thx for the archive you sent, although the patches in it seem to be out of date :(