Capcom got what was comming to them.

Esaka

I felt very betaryed by crapcom after they cancelled megaman legends 3 and universe, and although i'll still support any future releases of megaman, yes, it is good to see the voice of the people expressed through the 2 things every company wants - money and ratings.

People are still whining about this? They seem to actually think Capcom is trolling them rather than pleasing the fighting game fanatics. I've seen intelligent arguments against UMvC3, but they're few and far between. Most are just, for lack of a more fitting word, butt-hurt about MML3, don't accept any rational responses (Tsunami, Marvel pulling strings, Japanese being much more accepting of the disk update format), and have made Capcom out to be the fucking Devil.

I just found it funny that the game did wind up having such pitiful sales, I never said it was because of the games getting cancelled. And i'll post my opinion regardless of who likes it or not.

And I'll critique idiotic opinions like yours, whether you like it or not.

They won't localise Ace Attorney Investigations 2, so of course Capcom are the fucking Devil.

That was Capcom of America, and by that logic Nintendo of America and Atlus of America are the fucking devil for not releasing FE12 and Super Robot Wars OGs. And Atlus of America is fucking awesome. This point is irrelevant if you're kidding, of course.

One has to wonder why Ultimate sold this crappily on week one, when you'd expect this to be the sales of the upcoming SFxT game. That thing looks like hot garbage. If it outsells Ultimate, I'll have lost all faith in mankind.

But as for this game selling bad just on it's own, I highly doubt it's because Legends 3 didn't get sold or Investigations 2 was refused by that cockbiter Reggie. I'm willing to think it's more the fact that people got the original MvC3 for $60, then they release Ultimate which is essentially a patch update for $40. Would you pay $40 for a patch update? Of course not, none of you are Electronic Arts fans.

This is why I urge you all to join me in worshipping Arksys and the awesomeness that is Blazblue. For Extend shall soon be upon us, and even if you aren't interested in the latest version, CS2 is still incredibly solid and even though it has DLC characters with a $7 price tag or 3 characters, that's still not MvC3-UMvC3 prices, especially since the price for CS2 by now has surely gone down since it's just a patch on the CS1 disc, a game that's disc has been out a good while. If you join me in this worship of Arksys hard enough, a Guilty Gear sequel may happen.

In the least, clap your hands. That might work too.

Weren't they gonna have 12 new characters a 5$ each without the new modes and balance changes anyways? So it's like you can pay $60 for 12 characters... or you can pay $40 for those and some other stuff (and a bit more money for Heroes and Heralds later). Besides, they've literally been doing this for like two decades stop crying about it as if it's something new to care about, it isn't new at all.

Also I don't get the bitching about Mega Man not being in. Mega Man X is boring fuck him also we have Zero, Volnutt hasn't had a game in a decade and we have plenty of reason to believe Legends 3 was gonna be shit anyways, Classic isn't much better than X. Side characters in Mega Man games are more interesting than him and I would have loved for Bass.exe to be in though.

btw grandjackal I love blazblue but really now you're gonna make a vague comment against Capcom about this and then worship Arcsys. Really

btw grandjackal I love blazblue but really now you're gonna make a vague comment against Capcom about this and then worship Arcsys. Really

Yes, and I'm allowed to do this because CT didn't sell much in the first place, and thus the market is still accessable. I don't say this necessarily to bash Capcom mind you, I find the lack of sales for UmV3 just as silly BUT I can see why it did.

Partially. People saying Capcom deserved this I feel are in the wrong. When SFxT sells bad, THEN they'll have deserved it. Because that game is going to suck harder than a quality Hoover.

EDIT: But Megaman IS in this game. As X, who is a Zero alternate (which fits since in X6, X picked up the Zero Sabre). I find that more fitting than having Megaman be his usual assy self, or having a moveset that...Would probably at best be similar or just be a worse version of Zero in the first place.

Edited by grandjackal

This is why I urge you all to join me in worshipping Arksys and the awesomeness that is Blazblue. For Extend shall soon be upon us, and even if you aren't interested in the latest version, CS2 is still incredibly solid and even though it has DLC characters with a $7 price tag or 3 characters, that's still not MvC3-UMvC3 prices, especially since the price for CS2 by now has surely gone down since it's just a patch on the CS1 disc, a game that's disc has been out a good while. If you join me in this worship of Arksys hard enough, a Guilty Gear sequel may happen.

In the least, clap your hands. That might work too.

As much as I love Blazblue, Arksys is still trolling. CS has been remade a total of 2 times. I mean sure, the game has been progressing, especially adding storyline for the new characters in the VN-ish Story Mode, but come on... Sequel please?

Where's my playable Jubei?

I'll always be a fanatic about this game. XD

But still, you have to admit, Arksys has been leading everyone on a string as much as they can.

Well, at least there's other media for Blazblue while you wait... like watching Blueraji.

And as you've noticed, I didn't talk at all about UMvC3... that's because, despite a lot of people playing it during launch week in the college game room and even a tournament at Gemini Arcade here in Vegas... didn't really appeal to me at all. AT ALL.

*your stupid text*

Are you a fucking idiot or just a blind fanboy who asks for more and more?

Continuum Shift wasn't even a finished product at first and just now is Arksys finishing it up to what they wanted it to be in the first place.

Rather than bitching about how they do not have content you want when they obviously have something planned out you should develop some patience.

Continuum Shift wasn't even a finished product at first and just now is Arksys finishing it up to what they wanted it to be in the first place.

Rather than bitching about how they do not have content you want when they obviously have something planned out you should develop some patience.

Maybe you should develop some patience. Maybe if Continuum Shift wasn't finished they shouldn't have released it before it was.

As much as I love Blazblue, Arksys is still trolling. CS has been remade a total of 2 times. I mean sure, the game has been progressing, especially adding storyline for the new characters in the VN-ish Story Mode, but come on... Sequel please?

They gave you CS2 as a free patch and chipped in solid characters that were still awesome, and you're calling it trolling, and then going on to ask for a sequel? I wanna throw money at them as much as anyone else, but come on. You're basically hoping they make you pay for a patch update.

Where's my playable Jubei?

You're not happy with Valk and Relius? Hazama? Makoto and Platinum? Mu? Chill, they'll get to Jubei in due time I'm sure. They've been releasing them basically in story order.

But still, you have to admit, Arksys has been leading everyone on a string as much as they can.

It's called "Being good at what they do".

And as you've noticed, I didn't talk at all about UMvC3... that's because, despite a lot of people playing it during launch week in the college game room and even a tournament at Gemini Arcade here in Vegas... didn't really appeal to me at all. AT ALL.

To each their own I suppose.

EDIT: How was Continuum Shift not a complete game? CS2 doesn't play like CS1, thus it's essentialy as different as Marvel 3 and Ultimate. Difference being, CS2 was merely an overhaul of the game rather than a completely new series of systems in place/HUD/menus and screens/etc., thus why it was a patch rather than a whole new disc. I don't recall anyone saying CS1 was incomplete.

Edited by grandjackal

Maybe you should develop some patience. Maybe if Continuum Shift wasn't finished they shouldn't have released it before it was.

"Unfinished product" is probably the wrong term. Or something. Besides I was referring to shadowofchaos anyway.

Ah. Looks like grandjackal said what I wanted to say but in a way that makes more sense.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

As much as I love Blazblue, Arksys is still trolling. CS has been remade a total of 2 times.

... And they still have no clue how to spell "level" (compare and contrast: Konami got "Marvellous" right on the first try for DDR), or that it's not really a synonym for "round"...

That was Capcom of America, and by that logic Nintendo of America and Atlus of America are the fucking devil for not releasing FE12 and Super Robot Wars OGs.

They are.

Localization should be a non-issue by now.

Besides, they've literally been doing this for like two decades stop crying about it as if it's something new to care about, it isn't new at all.

Everyone has been complaining about it even back then.

Making jokes about "Elite Fighter Turbo Alpha EX Edition" are as old as SFII itself.

Besides, every other company wasn't making updates to their fighting games and went out just fine. Well, every other company except for

Arksys

and note how Guilty Gear lost much of its relevance by too many updates as well.

Take it easy. I felt like Crash for a second there. XD

They gave you CS2 as a free patch and chipped in solid characters that were still awesome, and you're calling it trolling, and then going on to ask for a sequel? I wanna throw money at them as much as anyone else, but come on. You're basically hoping they make you pay for a patch update.

The portable versions. XD

IIRC, they delayed the console patches for as long as they thought the portable versions would still sell.

lol. I'll still be throwing my money at them. And I've got no problem with that. It's just that I'm thinking not everyone has a big of a budget as me with scholarship refunds >_>;

I mean come on. I'm buying CS Extend of course(one of my friends couldn't even wait either. He's importing it.)

I got Arcana Heart 3 as disc from importing before the PSN English version since a friend brought it one day, and it seemed kinda fun... I wouldn't get caught dead playing that in public besides the game room though...

I gotta say, the animation quality for each opening DID get better and better. CS Extend's opening looks... amazing. That game opening can compete with some amazing anime openings.

Then there's that new Persona fighting game... even though I've never played any of the Persona games, I'm probably throwing money at them for that too.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Dare I ask what makes you think that?

Well 1. Tekken's involved, 2. Gems are a horrible idea, 3. I'm simply going to call it now and say Touch of Death is going to be the name of the game, and combo videos do not a good game make. 4. Pandora Mode.

and note how Guilty Gear lost much of its relevance by too many updates as well.

I think it was more it's later updates were just bad. Besides, if anything Blazblue's actually become more relevant with updates. Ex. CT had no arcade machine, but CS1 did. In fact, they made arcade machines that update automatically with later versions like CS2 and Extend. In the latest, their updates are nearly free these days. They did this before AE as a note.

It at least worked well enough that they were able to buy the rights to Guilty Gear back from Sega (whom they got from the former owners Sammy. How Sega got their hands on Guilty Gear, I'll never know).

Edited by grandjackal

Ex. CT had no arcade machine, but CS1 did.

Lies. There's a CT Machine here in Vegas, in fact.

Did you not notice the "Arcade Mode" settings in the options? It basically only made it so that Ragna, Rachel, and Nu had Astrals, just like with the CT Arcade Machines.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lies. There's a CT Machine here in Vegas, in fact.

Did you not notice the "Arcade Mode" settings in the options? It basically only made it so that Ragna, Rachel, and Nu had Astrals, just like with the CT Arcade Machines.

In fairness, I jumped in around CS2, so I'll admit I'm not fully informed. I just know a bit in retrospect.

I do know they did the updating arcade machines first though.

Edited by grandjackal

Well 1. Tekken's involved, 2. Gems are a horrible idea, 3. I'm simply going to call it now and say Touch of Death is going to be the name of the game, and combo videos do not a good game make. 4. Pandora Mode.

Ah, so you're one of those people who scream their eyes out when the game still has several months to go and few if any outside of the game company has played it. Have fun having your faith in humanity crushed, as, even regardless of quality, it will sell well.

I personally think the gem system looks awesome, but it's pointless to argue when pretty much all we have as ammo is speculation.

Ah, so you're one of those people who scream their eyes out when the game still has several months to go and few if any outside of the game company has played it. Have fun having your faith in humanity crushed, as, even regardless of quality, it will sell well.

I personally think the gem system looks awesome, but it's pointless to argue when pretty much all we have as ammo is speculation.

My brother actually played Street Fighter x Tekken at a Gaming Expo recently. He liked it but he's a fan of Street Fighter IV and he said it had a similar feel.

He said the Tekken characters all got their moves changed so they fit into a SF 2D system so when he took a team of Ken and Yoshimitsu (his Tekken main), he really messed up as Yoshi but when he switched to Ken and Sagat the combos started racking up and he enjoyed it.

As for Pandora mode, it was pretty much useless and no one used it. Capcom are overhauling anyway so it didn't matter.