buttmuncher.ops

24 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you use him?

• Bases
    • Growths
    • Weapon Availability
    • Other (Specify)
    • None of the Above / Never Use Him
  2. 2. I suspect Nina rejected him because of the turban. What do you think?

• Turban makes him look manly.
    • Turban has no style.
    • Would have looked better with a different accessory.
    • Would have looked better with Emperor Hardin sprite from the get go.
    • Just bad character design.

I personally prefer using Abel & Cain as both my Cavaliers in Book One because they have more room for growth but I often hear how one of the brothers should be left out for Hardin for various reasons listed above but these reasons alone don't convince me to take Hardin over either Abel or Cain. I just have this thing about taking early level units over later level units if they have better overall growths (using the sum of each unit as a comparison).

Also, Kopfjagermeisterbombs in chat just informed me that he thinks Hardin's turban is manly and I had to disagree. So these important questions had to be asked.

Thanks for reading ^_^

I haven't played FE3 seriously but speaking from FE11 (assuming it's close enough to count):

I typically always use Abel and generally try to use Cain too but I use Hardin in addition to them because he starts with good stats and INSTANT SILVER LANCE USAGE! :awesome:

I initially voted that the turban was manly, then I stepped back and thought "hm, I'm thinking of the FE11 sprite. let's go check the actual FE3 sprite."

Nah, the turban isn't manly in his FE3 sprite.

Also, never played the game so never used him, but I felt the turban spiel had to be said.

Abel & Cain aren't brothers....in Fire Emblem.

Yeah someone pointed this out to me in chat the other night and I had to recheck it. The guide I read always referred them to as brothers and the biblical reference supported it so I always referred to them as brothers (but they're not, as I know now).

I initially voted that the turban was manly, then I stepped back and thought "hm, I'm thinking of the FE11 sprite. let's go check the actual FE3 sprite."

Nah, the turban isn't manly in his FE3 sprite.

Also, never played the game so never used him, but I felt the turban spiel had to be said.

Yeah Jagermeisterbombs told me later we had a miscommunication and he was talking about FE11 sprite as well. It's too late to change it now so I guess people should just vote according to whichever sprite they saw first because that's probably the image of Hardin that they think of first. Personally for me, it's the FE3 one, so that's how I voted. (Not saying that I actually like the FE11 one either).