Mapping Competition

Chocolate Kitty

So the rules for this are fairly simple, follow the guidelines and that's about it. :P

Ask for clarification if needed.

Guidelines:

-Make your maps original, don't copy/steal someone else's design.

-16 colors and hack box sized :P

Tileset: Any indoor tileset, customs included (Example: click)

Requirements, as selected by Primefusion:

Entrants should make a "sacred temple" styled map. Maybe a place of worship, or where some unholy ritual might take place. It could be decrepit or immaculate, either or.

Width: 15 - 35

Height: 10 - 40

GBA FE Tileset Link

Feaw Custom FE Tileset Link

Mappy Link

Winners shall pick the next map to be revamped, any map from FE(or anything similar to FE ex Tear Ring Saga) that isn't GBA FE for obvious reasons lol or a new map and tileset like normal

Winners of 3 contests in a row are barred from entering the round following their 3rd victory.

All participants must vote in the round they entered or they will be barred from entering the following round. Refusal to cooperate consecutively will result in multiple bars.

Barred contestants: None

Winner Count:

Round 1 - Feaw

Round 2 - Feaw

Round 3 - SuperLuigi

Round 4 - Anouleth/Black Star

Round 5 - Anouleth/Black Star

Round 6 - Feaw

Round 7 - Hero of Time

Round 8 - SuperLuigi

Round 9 - SuperLuigi

Round 10 - SuperLuigi (Hat Trick oh mai)

Round 11 - Feaw

Round 12 - Primefusion

Round 13 - Feaw

Round 14 - Queen Elincia

Round 15 - Feaw

Round 16 - Feaw

Round 17 - Feaw (Hat Trick again :o)

Round 18 - Mario Kirby

Round 19 - Primefusion

Round 20 - Krad

Due Date: December 15th

Edited by Kitty of Time

I can still enter, right?

NOT ANYMORE, IT'S IN PAGE 2

23x40

Tileset: 8E00C990 from FE6.

Two things to note:

1. The tileset was slightly edited by me. I added two different tiles that I couldn't find in the tileset, one of them actually appearing in the 16x map from FE6, and the other being a very minor edit of an existing tile from this tileset.
  2. The map behind it is this map, which was also made by me.

Edited by Krad

oh that's pretty damn cool, you guys and your backgrounds.

and it's custom tiles anyway, so make as many was you want!

@rangerbruh: I'm actually thinking about extending, just because I felt like making a map and I doubt it'll be done by the 15th(totally not abusing power), so if the 20th's fine with you, we'll go till then.

Edited by Kitty of Time

Well shit, Krad just blew me out of the water completely >>.

I have to say, Krad, that this thingy really looks heaven-ish as well (possibly more so than mine).

It's kinda like the early plans for that heaven chapter I had for my game some years ago.

Alright, I'm scrapping my previous entry and going with this one instead. This one actually has a design I'm happy with. Surprisingly, I came real close to the max dimensions, which almost never happens.

SFRound202.png

35x38. Ya, you could say Feaw and Krad sparked my fire. laugh.gif

Kay, so I'm gonna have to skip out on this one due to school. Unless more time is added (which I don't see happening), I won't be able to produce something that can compete.

Good luck to all participating.

bitchin

No need to simply acknowledge with a one-word response. Please either add a bit more content or refrain from posting in those situations.

Holy cow! You got my vote. :)

If you want to show your enthusiasm, please save it for the voting topic. Posting it here before the voting starts isn't contributing anything to the thread. Furthermore, you could at least go a little more in-depth in your comment than simply saying "Yay!".

Not only is is purty, but Krad's is the only map whose symmetry doesn't look like ass :wub:

That's... pretty close to flamebaiting there, Celice. Furthermore, the above comment in response to Ecut applies to you as well. Save it for the voting topic if you want to gush. And, if you're going to call the other maps "ass," you should at least explain why you think they're so terrible and what you would consider to be improvements.

What's up your butt? I apologize for trying to be nice. Furthermore, your post doesn't exactly contribute to this thread either. It could have been handled via pm if you want to be really picky.

Warn me for that if you must; I think what I said was necessary so yano.

But to make you happy(and to not hi-jack this thread), allow me to elaborate:

Dearest Krad,

I very much enjoy the map you made for this contest. I think you have done an excellent job at making it unique and fitting the requirements.

I especially like what you did with the background for it adds a very nice and different touch to your map which really makes it pop.

I do not see any flaws in the map that you have made for this competition(granted, I am not a mapper).

I wish you the best of luck in the voting. :)

Edited by eCut

What's up your butt? I apologize for trying to be nice. Furthermore, your post doesn't exactly contribute to this thread either. It could have been handled via pm if you want to be really picky.

Warn me for that if you must; I think what I said was necessary so yano.

See this image?

57d23aa78e6672617dfdd55221102e8c.png

It means that it's my job to ensure that posts follow the Code of Conduct. And, listed in that nice little link are the following:

2) Do not make one-line posts, unless it adds something new or interesting to a discussion. In other words, do not spam.

Likewise, do not just quote another member and simply write "I agree", "quoted for truth", "no", etc. In these cases, make sure to at least explain why you agree or disagree.

Anna says, "Care to expound on that thought?"

3) In the Creative board, posts are required to expound on the reasons for why something is good, or not good in your opinion. For example, if you want to say someone did a good job, you must tell them the specific reasons why.

As such, your comment (and deranger and Celice's also) warranted moderation. And, as a moderator, it is at my discretion to post and notify the offending parties of their violations. (Furthermore, it also lets people reading the thread know that moderation has been done already, thus limiting the chance of reports being filed again and wasting another moderator's time.) While critique is well and good, if you're going to post that basic of a comment, you might as well not post at all. A bunch of "Oh, gee!" or "Wow!" posts don't do diddly squat for anyone.

Now, as you suggested, if you have any further complaints, you may take them up with me in a PM.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Ok, this should hopefully be the last update.

2u7223t.png

Just a bunch of shading that I missed the first time.

Also finished a much bigger version of this map, going to post it in my maps thread in a few minutes. Not for the competition, of course.

Edited by Krad