Fire Emblem: Reclassed Sword

13th

Yes. I finally made something.

Besides a lame Chapter 11 hack...

But anywho. This is Fire Emblem: Reclassed. I had this idea this morning to make a reclassed FE7. I had some funky unit idea, like Oswin teh Mercenary.

And now, after 2 hours of actual work, and a bit of playtesting to make sure its playable, I have it.

I am looking for playtesters who are skilled in FE7 HNM to test this more, as I only made sure of a few cases, like the unchanged Hector and Matt in C11

Here's the NEW unit list for FE7

Eliwood

Hector

Lyn

Priscilla- Troubador

Athos- Archsage

Ninian- Dancer

Nils- Bard

Matthew-Fighter

Marcus-Druid

Lowen: Mercenary

Rebecca: Pegasus Knight

Dorcas: Myrmidion

Bartre: Cavalier

Oswin: Cavalier

Serra: Armor Knight

Guy: Monk

Erk: Shaman

Kent: Thief

Sain: Thief

Wil: Nomad

Florina: Mage

Raven: Wyvern Rider

Lucius: Archer

Canas: Cavalier

Dart: Myrmidion

Fiora: Wyvern Rider

Legault: Myrmidion

Isadora: Valkyrie

Heath: Cavalier

Rath: Pegasus Knight

Hawkeye: Sniper

Pent: Wyvern Lord

Wallace: Monk/Bishop

Geitz: Berserker

Farina: Pegasus Knight

Louise: Sage

Harken: Swordmaster

Karel: Berserker

Nino: Pegasus Knight

Jaffar: Wyvern Lord

Vaida: Falcoknight

Karla: Sage

Renault: Assassin

the only thing I changed were the units and the inventories. No custom maps or anything here.

Known bugs

None yet

So. Without further ado the patch

FE_Reclassed Sword 1.1.zip

Edited by 13thshadow

Two things:

AFTER I ask if its ok to just attach it so I avoid a warn

Why would you get a warn? I mean... if you make a patch it's always okay...

Just don't link a ROM.

Eliwood- Great Lord

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TanomuWarasenaide.png

I got word from Musashi in PM it should be fine. So I have justification for my actions if it turns out wrong. If it is wrong, my apologies, Tangy, Jyo, and VASM

Attaching in the OP.

EDIT: I don't like doubleposting, but the good news is all weapon levels are adjusted. Now to plot if it would be a good idea to tweak the stats. Tell me here if you can think of any ideas.

Edited by 13thshadow

I am looking for playtesters who are skilled in FE7 HNM to test this more, as I only made sure of a few cases, like the unchanged Hector and Matt in C11

It becomes awesomely broken in ENM btw. Eliwood is now Hector, but Hector is still Hector and Matthew is still a thief. Also, Guy has Shine which he can't use, and Marcus has Mend which he can't use.

In HNM: It takes two turns to break the wall which is annoying - could you give Matthew a Hand Axe? Oh, and Wire pretty much requires a critical to defeat :/ But then Ch12 appears and you have Marcus with fucking Luna (to say nothing of the awesomeness that is Cav!Oswin), and things seem to suddenly go from luck-based and otherwise impossible, to trivial. Guy still has unusable Shine in HNM. A lot of enemies seem to be missing, especially reinforcements. I don't think I'm supposed to have a map clear of enemies on turn 4 in Ch15, even on Normal, and nothing shows up after that either.

Oh, and when Serra attacks, she doesn't really attack in the battle animation. And Lyn is still Lyn even though she's supposed to be Eliwood now.

Edited by zahlman

I mentioned in an edit that I fixed most of the weapon ranks and updated a hell of a lot of things, including making the lords their normal selves.

I will look into nerfing things. Marcus with Flux/Nosferatu. Marcus the Swordmaster with only a Silver Sword.

But as for animations, I can't fix those.

Like I said. Version 1.1 now

Edited by 13thshadow

I mentioned in an edit that I fixed most of the weapon ranks and updated a hell of a lot of things, including making the lords their normal selves.

I will look into nerfing things. Marcus with Flux/Nosferatu. Marcus the Swordmaster with only a Silver Sword.

But as for animations, I can't fix those.

Like I said. Version 1.1 now

My only question is if the rechanged classes agree with the characters' battle palette? If they did not before, did you edit the palette so that it looks applicable and not effed up?

My only question is if the rechanged classes agree with the characters' battle palette? If they did not before, did you edit the palette so that it looks applicable and not effed up?

If it only took two hours, I'd assume probably not. :/

They don't, but I must be weird, because most of them look great to me. Except for Oswin. He is rather terrifying.

I intend to make more edits. (And if anyone wants to make this really epic, I'd be glad to let them mess with palettes.)

The thing is, on reflection, Marcus is actually not so OP now because he's hard to equip and a single tome doesn't last that long when you're tanking. Although I have to say, having a jeigan (can we still call him that?) be your primary healer is... weird. Also, Erk seems pretty much useless now, and basically just supplies Marcus with another tome...

Re palettes: most of them look completely corrupt for battle animations, but the lords actually look surprisingly good.

Edited by zahlman