New hacker requests help

tacticdave

Sorry for the negative on the first, and keep on having fun with hacking~!

No, im the one who should apologize. Looking back on my first post, it was more like a demand (Facepalm_emote_gif.gif <== Me looking at first post), and for that, i apologize.

I havent changed it yet cuz i forgot about it..

K, i changed the first post to sound less... commanding.

Edited by tacticdave

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so i figure im about due for a status update, so here we are:

I havent been working very hard on this lately, but i force myself to keep coming back to this project.

I have confirmed replacements for 14 characters so far.

I also have a list of about 10 more characters that may or may not make it into the game.

they fall into the following categories:

Hero characters

Mercenary/Myrmidon/sword-using lords: 4

Knights: 1

Mages: 2

Priests/Clerics/Troubadours: 1

Archers: 2

Snipers: 1

Thieves: 1

Shaman: 1

Cavaliers: 1

Undecided chars: 4

Villain characters

Mage knights: 1

Snipers: 1

Sages: 1

Other game changes

possible inclusion of Haliberdiers (pending the finding of the sprite sheet)

Soldiers promoting to Haliberdiers or Generals

Snipers getting +15% crit

Assassins can steal

other changes pending

new weapons/weapon changes

Bolt Axe

Flame Spear

Sabre (lord weapon)

a couple of unnamed tomes of dark magic

renaming for some of the sacred weapons (mainly, Eirika and Ephraims Sacred weapons)

Short Bows get 1-2 range (pending graphics fix, may need help on this one. when short-range bows crit, it uses normal attack animation)

more to come

Edited by tacticdave

Short Bows get 1-2 range (pending graphics fix, may need help on this one. when short-range bows crit, it uses normal attack animation)

Curious glitch, never heard of something like that. Of course, I am not a supporter of a 1-2 bow either, but even then.

Which sprites had said effect? Did you try it with other classes like Warrior for example? You should test out to see what happens in all other classes to work as a hint in solving this.

Curious glitch, never heard of something like that. Of course, I am not a supporter of a 1-2 bow either, but even then.

Which sprites had said effect? Did you try it with other classes like Warrior for example? You should test out to see what happens in all other classes to work as a hint in solving this.

I know the archer and sniper have this error and I'm pretty sure the nomad. I've never given a 1-2 range bow to a warrior, but I'd think it would work properly since handaxes in close range function properly. Nomad troopers and Rangers, I don't know though.

Hand Axes use a different sprite than the actual bow sprite, keep it in mind. No way to know without testing. >_<'

And yeah, to be honest I think I already tested out Snipers and Archers, and I think they did fine with 1-2 bows. Long ago of course, and for FE8, so don't trust my memory or the usability of this info. A friend of mine, at the dawn of hacking, once said it was impossible, but it was because he tested it with Rath, and Rath's sprite doesn't work with close range bows for sure. But yeah, no idea about Nomad Troopers or Rangers either.

And I don't think the best solution to this would link the 1-2 bow to classes which can use a bow at 1-1, honestly. XD

Edited by Ryrumeli

Hand Axes use a different sprite than the actual bow sprite, keep it in mind. No way to know without testing. >_<'

And yeah, to be honest I think I already tested out Snipers and Archers, and I think they did fine with 1-2 bows. Long ago of course, and for FE8, so don't trust my memory or the usability of this info. A friend of mine, at the dawn of hacking, once said it was impossible, but it was because he tested it with Rath, and Rath's sprite doesn't work with close range bows for sure. But yeah, no idea about Nomad Troopers or Rangers either.

And I don't think the best solution to this would link the 1-2 bow to classes which can use a bow at 1-1, honestly. XD

I know Rey made a fix for the nomad trooper, so they might work properly close range, I don't remember if it worked or not though...

well, maybe the animation glitch was caused by the other thing i was testing when i was testing the 1-2 range bow:

I was testing to see if i could give single characters Lethality (which did work... just used normal crit. animation), and the glitch would happen when he fired at 1 range.

That's a pretty cool idea, the Lethality thing :P

I thought so toolaugh.gif

Anyway, on another note:

Anyone know where i can find the Battle Animation/Sprite Sheet for the haliberdier class?

I think ive seen a couple different versions, but i would prefer the one based off of Ephraims Sprite

Edited by tacticdave

i do not know who sprited the Haliberdier.

I was asking if anyone who frequented this spot on the forums knew.

I can look for it, i was just wondering if someone already knew where it was (you know, to save me a little bit of trouble)

And dont worry. I wont give away Lethality to just anyone. im well aware of its balancing implications.

I might give Assassins the Steal command (and a slight stat-cap boost), and give Rouges a +15% crit boost (to help them in combat)

Anyway... i forgot the main reason i came here...

...D****tangry.gif

...Sigh... I'll edit when i remember.Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Yay, i remembered why i originally came on a few minutes ago.smile.gif

I want to give the Dance command to a non-dancer, but i need to know if there's

a way to do that. i already tried and failed (and i think i know why, too. Non-dancers have no "Dancing" sprites).

So i want to know if theres something i can do here to allow non dancers to dance.

and the reason im asking is because i dont have the sheet. i saw the animation in both Elibian Nights and A Sacred Dawn.

Im looking to score the sprite sheet for it.

Edited by tacticdave

Elibian Nights uses The Blind Archer's sprite; you'll have to ask him for permission for it. I think MK404 sprited his own halberdier animation, so you'd likewise have to ask him for it. (It'd be best to get a bunch of progress done on your hack till you absolutely need the sprites before you ask them; they're not likely to give them out to everyone making a hack who asks :P)

^^ That's what I'm doing as well, and if your hack does show promise and has a good chunk of legit progress, they're pretty reasonable and I think one of them will likely let you use it (don't 100% count on it or anything though xP)

Yay, i remembered why i originally came on a few minutes ago.smile.gif

I want to give the Dance command to a non-dancer, but i need to know if there's

a way to do that. i already tried and failed (and i think i know why, too. Non-dancers have no "Dancing" sprites).

So i want to know if theres something i can do here to allow non dancers to dance.

45449003.png

Talking about THAT ability right?

Well, all you have to do is, using the "Custom Battle Animation Module", assign the proper "specific items" a magic casting animation.

Those items you have to assign for include the "invisible Dance Item" 0x9D, "Filla's Might" 0x7C, "Nini's Grace" 0x7D, "Thor's Ire" 0x7E, and "Set's Litany" 0x7F.

As for a Halberdier animation... we have a lot of them... many people have also based it on Ephraim's sprite.

But if that's the one you mean, go ask Mageknight404 if you can use it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, its me again.

Anyway, i havent made much progress since my last post,

and ime here to tell you guys that i wont be able to for a while pretty quick here.

This is due to a variety of reasons:

1) the Christmas season & family

2) some of my other interests/new interests taking up more time (like Homestuck)

3) school will be starting soon for me.

anyway, ill post updates when something significant pops up,

but things will probably slow down on this project as i try and finish other projects before school starts.

anyway, have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year you all.NewYearsEmoticon.gif