Need FE6 Standing/Misc/Sprite Module or alternative.

Xstart

Hello,

I'm working on a personal hack and I have an issue that I can't get by with. I am trying to import Hector/Lyn/Eliwood's map sprites from FE7 to FE6. I have knowledge on how to do this, however, I am lacking the Module required for the transfer. FE7 and FE8 both have this "Misc Sprite & Standing Sprite Module" that FE6 lacks. I am wondering if anyone can create/provide a module or help me with an alternative solution to this. I know very very little on hex editing.

Thank you,

Xstart

Edited by Xstart

What are you talking about? You use GBAGE to rip it and import it. There's at least one tutorial on it in the tutorial forum.

He doesn't know where the pointers are to the map graphics in the FE6 ROM, presumably, so he doesn't know how to repoint the graphics once inserted.

He doesn't know where the pointers are to the map graphics in the FE6 ROM, presumably, so he doesn't know how to repoint the graphics once inserted.

Yeah that's it. I have no clue how to repoint it without the module Z_z.

Search for the image using GBAGE. Scroll up and down until you see it. Set the width to like 2 and height to like 32 or something. Eventually you should find it--it'll probably be earlier in the game than it is in FE7 (at least that's my guess) because FE6's data just tends to be earlier given that it has less stuff than FE7.

It's not hard to make a module (there is a tutorial on how Nightmare modules work in the Ultimate Tutorial) but no one's bothered to find the offset to the pointer table yet. As soon as someone finds one image or palette they could just search the pointer in a hex editor, trace to the beginning of the pointer table, figure out the format, and make a new nightmare module. A 30 minute process. Too bad I don't have 30 minutes of time or motivation, if you bother me enough I'll do it though, I give in to peer pressure >_>