• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

brb let me go record the sound of an infant crying and play it a loop. then play a lead track from a sonic genesis song over it. at the end of the day, it's decent, right?

and in what way could people liking pancakes possibly affect you, dlv?

Well, if he gets dragged to IHOP... *shot*

Did you play touhou yet?

It'll be a while before I get to it...

Do you actually ask people that? If so, do you actually get that as an answer very often?

Bitching about people liking things you don't like is like bitching about how you need water and food to live.

To get what Boney's saying, you'd have to look at it from a different point of view, other than the "it sounds good" perspective. For example, the original Crisis City theme showed a feeling of intensity with its sounds, from being in a ruined future. In the remix, they changed the rhythm and added a more upbeat techno drum kit and faster tempo that took away what made it good to begin with. Instead of an intense sound, it's now just more upbeat and can't even be considered the same anymore. In other words, they took away the real purpose behind the song and the feeling is replaced by something that doesn't fulfill the original job

Edited by Hero-King

Sometimes, it's hard to explain why one likes something. Why do I like the color teal? I find it pleasing to the eye. I could not possibly explain it in an objective way.

correct. pancakes aren't to you as MUSIC is to a composer.

I think...I get it. It's like a horrible novel full of overused cliches and plot holes becoming a best seller. As a writer, that would make my blood boil...

I think...I get it. It's like a horrible novel full of overused cliches and plot holes becoming a best seller. As a writer, that would make my blood boil...

Yes, that's one way to put it

As a composer, one has to take notice of these things when creating or remaking a piece of work

exactly. i want to be able to making a living making things someday. how am i supposed to feel when SO many people like things like this? lower my standards and conform? then i won't even like what i'm making, and the purpose is defeated because i'm not doing what i love.

Well, if he gets dragged to IHOP... *shot*

...very cute, btw. lol

Hey btw Boney, this is the best music:

[spoiler=I'm being sarcastic, damnit]

Edit: Try listening to it over other videos, such as a Let's Play. The cancellation due to the bass sounds really...interesting.

Edited by Interest