• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

If only Skype hadn't taken all the good games away that MSN used to have like UNO.

Seems that way. You find an anime with an English dub, 9/10 there's someone complaining in the comments.

inorite. They always say "the Japanese voices suit them better", but I find many Japanese anime voices to be a bit generic...

inorite. They always say "the Japanese voices suit them better", but I find many Japanese anime voices to be a bit generic...

I have no problem watching a show in any language. It annoys me how people try to force their opinion on others.

I feel like the same person does the japanese voices for everything. The only difference being how deep or soft it is

Those high pitched squeaky female voices are the worst.

some of them are cute, but others are far too excessive

I think they're okay on little children, but on adult women, it's just baffling...

I have no problem watching a show in any language. It annoys me how people try to force their opinion on others.

lolshippingwars

I feel like the same person does the japanese voices for everything. The only difference being how deep or soft it is

I wouldn't go that far, but yes, a lot of voices sounds similar to each other...I honestly think that English voice actors in general try harder to actually suit their characters' quirks.

Dubs huh... my only problem with them is the standard things of censorship, localization issues, mistakes, errors, and only if they're blatant or big enough with an impact for later content.

Dubs huh... my only problem with them is the standard things of censorship, localization issues, mistakes, errors, and only if they're blatant or big enough with an impact for later content.

*cue getting drunk on soda*

Censorship standards are different from place to place. Anime is intended for children in Japan, but in the west, it's marketed towards young adults.

Luuuul 4Kids.

Sometimes, jokes can be lost in translation.

Oh, I understand about jokes being lost. It's a different language after all, and not always you can find replacements. It's just when changes happen for substancial reasons only for them to bite them later on.

Like, one I remember that actually makes me laugh, is in Pokémon. Like originally, both of Brock's parents abandoned the family, and 4Kids decided to instead kill off the mother so you wouldn't have both parents abandoning their children. Seemed like nothing at the time. Then cue Battle Frontier season and the mother appearing in the flesh. Oops. lol

And as to why that we can't ever have anything good of our own without giving them ratings which there is no such thing as stuff like that in Japan...

Annnnyways, it's naptime.

Night, guys.

I always saw that Earth Dragon as foreshadowing. After all, they were supposed to be sealed up. So having just one random Earth Dragon was a sign that the game didn't quite ended in Ch20, if you still thought of otherwise or haven't figured it out.