• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

*Dodges*

Have any of you ever stopped to wonder exactly how you'll be and what you'll be doing within the next 10 years? Will you be the same person as you are now?

I've always fancied future me being an eccentric MIT graduate and a successful game developer, maybe also being a Nintendo executive, which I think I'd be decent at. Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Of course. The answer to that second question is: of course not. You change with every experience, even if it's just a tiny bit. As for that first question...I don't know. xD

So, you don't ever think of where you're heading in life? And my second question is not so simple. Yes, you change with every new experience, but how drastic will that change be? What do you do when you change so much, to the point where the person you were, is nothing but a memory?

​Not really.

No

Why not?

Does it matter?

You are what you are.

Yes, but are you content with where and what you are? Change is an inevitable thing, but it's not always for the better.

...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go into the corner and angst like a typical teenage girl. With pineapple and camomile tea. Sigh...

I hope I didn't cause this with my deep thoughts. *Hugs*

I have no idea. I dread to think about it though with medical complications and such. But if Lord willing, I'm sure I'll be going to college, major in pre-med, go to med school, and serve in the US Air Force. Sort of irrelevant, but freshman year for English class we had to write letters to our senior selves, and we just now got them back. Needless to say, I have become a different person, even by the most insignificant amount xD

I see, it's good that you have a plan of what it is you want to be. You've also noticed that you're not the same as your Freshman self, but do you like what you've become? If given the choice, would you discard your current self to achieve something higher than yourself, or remain at your position where you're happy and comfortable?

I'd rather be Vaike...

Matches up with irl me better than any other character.

I was going to make Ein Fredrick anyway, though I was saving Vaike for when I can convince my brother to join SF. He and Vaike are similarly thick headed, arrogant and brash.

Aww, thanks everyone...

...I just...saw something that...upset me...It hurts.

:( well I'm here for ya, Crizzie.

So, you don't ever think of where you're heading in life? And my second question is not so simple. Yes, you change with every new experience, but how drastic will that change be? What do you do when you change so much, to the point where the person you were, is nothing but a memory?

Why not?

Yes, but are you content with where and what you are? Change is an inevitable thing, but it's not always for the better.

I see, it's good that you have a plan of what it is you want to be. You've also noticed that you're not the same as your Freshman self, but do you like what you've become? If given the choice, would you discard your current self to achieve something higher than yourself, or remain at your position where you're happy and comfortable?

Yes. I flinch whenever I'm reminded of an event where I handled the situation very immaturely, and I'd definitely prefer brains over brawns anytime. No I'm not a zombie. I don't know how to answer the second one; I'm very afraid of change...but if it would get me to a better point in my life than where I am now, then I'd take my chances and go for it.

Edited by noob7

I just...live as I am. Thinking about the past is painful. Thinking about the future is scary...and oftentimes I find myself wishing I'd just die already so I won't have to deal with anything anymore.

...Err, you should ask again when I'm in better spirits.

No, no, it's not that...at all..

I just...live as I am. Thinking about the past is painful. Thinking about the future is scary...and oftentimes I find myself wishing I'd just die already so I won't have to deal with anything anymore.

It wasn't one of those abused pet commercials, was it? Those destroy everyone's days.

Yeah...cheer up! I've had worse happen and thought about things more intimidating, I'm sure! And just look at how fine I am!