• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in my Pre-AP American Lit class is prejudiced against otakus.

What did he say?

Maribelle is next best after Nowi.

Maribelle is much better than Nowi. She's an ojou.

Also, 'dat Morgan.

Maribelle is much better than Nowi.

This. And also Soul, he just doesn't like those interested in video games/anime/manga.

I like anime and manga, so I consider myself an otaku. I wouldn't cosplay, though.

People interested in video and manga aren't exactly of the same category...they're interchangable, but not one and the same. Gamers =/= Otakus

Besides, basic interest in video game and manga doesn't make you either of them. You'd have to be quite into them, to be considered such. For example, I'm somewhat open in interest to some anime & manga (though I hardly watch/read them), yet, I'm casual as heck.

People interested in video and manga aren't exactly of the same category...they're interchangable, but not one and the same. Gamers =/= Otakus

Besides, basic interest in video game and manga doesn't make you either of them. You'd have to be quite into them, to be considered such. For example, I'm somewhat open in interest to some anime & manga (though I hardly watch/read them), yet, I'm casual as heck.

Then...I'm not an otaku?

If you're rather casual about it, yeah, I wouldn't call you one...an otaku is really into anime, lol. Cosplay isn't exactly necessary, either.

Although if you feel the need to defend the otakus by claiming yourself to be one, than by all means step up and show him how wrong he could be on that issue.

If you're rather casual about it, yeah, I wouldn't call you one...an otaku is really into anime, lol. Cosplay isn't exactly necessary, either.

Although if you feel the need to defend the otakus by claiming yourself to be one, than by all means step up and show him how wrong he could be on that issue.

I'm pretty casual about it, so yeah, haha.

I just thinks he needs to shut his damn mouth and be respectful.

I'm pretty casual about it, so yeah, haha.

I just thinks he needs to shut his damn mouth and be respectful.

What did he say, exactly? Did he say something about otakus being weird, or something?

What did he say, exactly? Did he say something about otakus being weird, or something?

Something like that, but he was being a douche about it.

He made fun of me in class to his friends about how he thinks I'm an otaku.

Something like that, but he was being a douche about it.

He made fun of me in class to his friends about how he thinks I'm an otaku.

You could tell him (in a calm, respectful manner), that you're rather casual on it.