The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Well at least you can say that you beat me at least once.

The only other person in this thread who can say that is breezy.

... Maybe I'm not half bad then

Imperial Flower Assault Team OP

Sounds amazing

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gotta get used to it. I used to play quite a bit back in 4th and 5th gen. This was my first battle in like, 8 months

I've actually never tried competitive battling but if I ever did I'm sure I'd suck at it

Edited by Kinumi

I've actually never tried competitive battling but if I ever did I'm sure I'd suck at it

It's easy to learn, but impossible to master. It's all comes down to prediction and risk = rewards, really. You just have to play over and over again until you can:

• Deduce how skilled your opponent is within a few turns and try to adapt to beat their style of play
  • Exploit even the smallest weak points in their teams. When I quickly made that 5th gen team, I noticed I had a glaring ghost and dark weakness. Thus, Ferrothorn was added
  • "Feel" how much damage is going to do. This gets completely nullified if you have access to calculators, but after a while of playing, you get this... "feeling" on how much damage something is going to do. It's a bit difficult to explain

It's easy to learn, but impossible to master. It's all comes down to prediction and risk = rewards, really. You just have to play over and over again until you can:

• Deduce how skilled your opponent is within a few turns and try to adapt to beat their style of play
  • Exploit even the smallest weak points in their teams. When I quickly made that 5th gen team, I noticed I had a glaring ghost and dark weakness. Thus, Ferrothorn was added
  • "Feel" how much damage is going to do. This gets completely nullified if you have access to calculators, but after a while of playing, you get this... "feeling" on how much damage something is going to do. It's a bit difficult to explain

...Still sounds confusing to me :c

I've tried IV breeding and EV training in XY, but it bored me to tears. I thought about Showdown, but I've heard that there are a lot of not-very-nice people there :<

It's all comes down to prediction and risk = rewards, really.

Aegislash is the embodiment if that.

It's not too hard to explain actually. When you have enough experience, you'll know from memory(whether you're actively thinking about it or not) how powerful something will be.

rule #4 have fun with it

Above all else, this^

I've tried IV breeding and EV training in XY, but it bored me to tears. I thought about Showdown, but I've heard that there are a lot of not-very-nice people there :<

Thank god that in the first two gens. you don't have to do any EV work. I hate the hours and hours of work for each poke. -.-

I didn't find many in Randombattles (which is all I do there) :/

And you can always ignore them and sweep their teams~

There was once a guy that said "lol, scrub" and forfeited \o/

Thank god that in the first two gens. you don't have to do any EV work. I hate the hours and hours of work for each poke. -.-

And then in gen 6 it only takes about 5 minutes if you know what you're doing. :P

I still hate IV breeding though, even if that's easier as well.

Edited by SecondWorld

I didn't find many in Randombattles (which is all I do there) :/

And you can always ignore them and sweep their teams~

There was once a guy that said "lol, scrub" and forfeited \o/

"sweep"

> implying that I can battle

Yeah, I've heard of some people who basically go "lol u suck n00b ur not worth battling" and forfeit. And that doesn't sound very fun.

There are jerks everywhere.

Besides, you could just battle us.

Too scared to :P

It can, I suppose. Maybe I suck at explaining things. Video tutorials might be your best bet

IV breeding and EV training were awful before 6th gen. It's a bit easier now, but it can be a bit boring. And you haven't got to do Showdown if you don't want to. Smogon people are, for the most part, competitive, and will call you out on unorthodox plays. Trying playing in a more casual setting, like here, random battles... maybe with other friends

Aegislash is the embodiment if that.

It's not too hard to explain actually. When you have enough experience, you'll know from memory(whether you're actively thinking about it or not) how powerful something will be.

Aegislash... such a good Poké

And yeah, I suppose that's true

Yeah, I've heard of some people who basically go "lol u suck n00b ur not worth battling" and forfeit. And that doesn't sound very fun.

Too scared to :P

I personally find it amusing when people rage and forfeit against me, but that's just me and I can see how that could be annoying to some.

...Do you really think that all of us are super amazing veterans?

It can, I suppose. Maybe I suck at explaining things. Video tutorials might be your best bet

IV breeding and EV training were awful before 6th gen. It's a bit easier now, but it can be a bit boring. And you haven't got to do Showdown if you don't want to. Smogon people are, for the most part, competitive, and will call you out on unorthodox plays. Trying playing in a more casual setting, like here, random battles... maybe with other friends

What I meant to say was, I know what you're saying but I don't think I could do it.

Also video tutorials take too long for me to watch

I've played with several people in this forum, actually. Then one day Alfred Kamon swept me with a Talonflame and I quit.

Later I learned that he forgot that I was a casual, but it still scares me to this day

"sweep"

> implying that I can battle

I'm a noob too and I do that sometimes :P

And then in gen 6 it only takes about 5 minutes if you know what you're doing. :P

I still hate IV breeding though, even if that's easier as well.

"5 minutes"

Yeah, no. More like 5 hours if you have what you need available. It's faaaar easier, but not that fast

What I meant to say was, I know what you're saying but I don't think I could do it.

Also video tutorials take too long for me to watch

I've played with several people in this forum, actually. Then one day Alfred Kamon swept me with a Talonflame and I quit.

Later I learned that he forgot that I was a casual, but it still scares me to this day

I see. That's up to you. Everyone has it in then, but it's up to the person to do it

Text tutorials work too

Alfred Kamon... I think he's regarded as one of, if not the best Pokébattler on SF? Talonflame is pretty good too, from what I've heard

]: