• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, look where venting got me.

Yes. Between the fourth wall breaking, the dark satire, and the utter horror of it all, that's definitely going to stick with me for a while.

Not just the ending though, the entire game is fucked up on genocide.

Seriously, who is this Toby Fox?

yeah, it stuck with me for awhile too. Genuinely chilling.

I haven't actually play ed the genocide route and don't intend to, but I watched a video showing all of the major differences in that route. Messed me up when flowey mentioned the thing about watching it and doing it yourself. Fun fact: Toby intentionally made the genocide route final boss the hardest enemy in the entire game so less people saw the ending.

Yeah, Megalovania is really good. Its most people's favorite song from that game.

Also, I meant in PM, definitely not in here.

That route is overall really chilling. The slowed down or lack of music, more frequent fourth wall breaks, everyone treating you like a monster. I could never bring myself to do that route.

In that route, most consider Undyne to be the hero and you to be the villain. Accurate.

It's an insane fight, I'm watching it right now, oh my god.

I don't plan on playing it, it's really a grind from the looks of it.

The game's ost is great in general.

Still no. I'm done venting, it's not getting me anywhere.

You have to do grinding, yeah. It's the only way to get the route since killing every mook in every area is the only way to do it.

The ost is great, yes. Heartache, Ruins,

Megalovania, and Your Best Nightmare (spoilers to you)

are some of my favorites.

I see. If you ever change your mind, I'll listen.

Yeah, especially the part where the monster kid stands in your way. If you check him, it says "free exp", and "in my way".

Seriously, what the fuck is up with that kid (MC). Apparently, he's supposed to represent every RPG protagonist or something, how ridiculously broken they are, and how little they truly care for the 'monsters' of their worlds, just obsessed with leveling up.

Also, the flower had pretty interesting things to say there, haha.

Yeah... See, the monster kid, Sans, Papyrus, and Undyne are way too lovable. That's most of what's stopping me from doing genocide route, I couldn't hurt them.

Also, if you keep selecting Spare on Toriel until the fight is very close to finished, Toriel's reaction is way different. Something along the lines of "I can't believe I thought you wouldn't fit in up there... You're a monster, just like them..." or something.

My friend showed me a bit of Undertale gameplay on Youtube...I was a bit scarred, but now I want to watch an LP of the thing.

Also, hello LtP. How is everyone today?

You don't actually have to fight, you can get through the game without killing an enemy and fight the final boss at level one.

It's just quicker the other way/gets you different endings.

Seriously, play it, I think you could enjoy this one Crizix.

Hi Crizix.

I seeee. It sure sounds like fun, but money. :X

Hello Shezzy.

Killing Toriel on the genocide is the creepiest of them all. You one shot her, and she responds, "W-wow, did you really hate me that much...?"

Then the flower praises you, and it really sets the mood for the game.

But it's funny, even the flower gets horrified of you near the end, just because of how terrible you have become.

Yeah, Sans is becoming my favorite character. I love insanely intelligent slackers.

Ye, you one shot every boss but two on that route, iirc. Said two bosses become the two hardest bosses in the game or something.

You know something's wrong when the crazed murderer - Flowey - is horrified of you and begs for mercy (before getting murdered, obviously). iirc, the game just kinda kills them for you and you don't get a say in it.

[spoiler= Possible spoilers for you? I think it's only present on the Genocide route but since you're familiar with that one... eh, it's up to you]

It's a facade, of course. He would've killed you on the spot if not for Toriel, at least that's the case on the Genocide Route.

Killing anyone in this game is chilling, hence why most (including myself) go pacifist. From their reactions to the consequences, eugh. Scarring.

I seeee. It sure sounds like fun, but money. :X

Hello Shezzy.

It's sO GOOD, I LOVE IT. I feel like it's one you'd enjoy.

It's really unique for what it is. It's pretty funny and lighthearted on most routes but it can also be horrifyingly dark if you want it to be. You can talk your way out of every fight, literally every character is at least a little bit likable (even the mooks!), the music is overall pretty great.

Worth your time, definitely. If you ever have the money, this is one you shouldn't pass up.