• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

babylonians are the TRUE oppressors...

in school i learned that if u were a lower class man you'd get your hands cut off for theft

but if you were higher class you'd just get a fine

and they taught us nothing about current issues or wwii =((((((((((((

ya freshman year world history

we at least learned about indian history. we got Culturally Enriched by that class. also chinese history is cool, because i'm chinese.

but we barely learned anything specific about chinese history or anything. like you said it's way too broad, they don't even talk about three kingdoms or china's other great literary achievements

as i've said before though, i guess they're good "starting points" for interests, though i think it turns people off in the way they organize history

Yes, hearing people say "uggh history is boring IM SO SICK OF LRNING ABOUT FUCKING CONFUCIANISM" triggers me, because that one class is what they will remember history as for the rest of their normie lives!!!

I've been so happy with my art history class this year because instead of being ~le history of everything~ it focuses on one region (europe/the western world) and goes from dawn of humanity-1150 AD which allows for a lot of cool details to be learned about.

well you really can't blame them, they've never gone beyond school because school permanently turned them off from it! but, they can at least make an attempt!

i think math can be pretty fun, at least when i'm good at it. otherwise i'm frustrated and it's shit

well good because i think european art is bretty gud. especially the meme dick trees............. there was a certain style of japanese art that i liked but i cant remember the name

do you think art history is good to study if you're an artist yourself? you can learn a thing from the techniques used, right?

I feel exactly the same as you with math. It's very rewarding but it's punishing, the dark souls of education

Hmm, I'm not really sure I could answer that, being a non-artist. What this course really highlighted is how certain styles evolved in certain areas, how the cultures used their art to express themselves, what they would do with the materials they had given to them, how their art reflects the historical happenings around them etc etc.

Like, for example, we're learning about said meme dick trees right now, and how europe went from making glorious Greco-Roman art, with the human body proportioned correctly and with high amounts of detail to anatomy, into literally shitposting on manuscripts. How the dank ages limited availability of artistic supplies, how barbarians ended up combining their pagan artistic traditions with christianity to make ayy lmao stuff, how most people were too scared shitless to even bother making art a lot of the times etc.

I don't know, maybe as an artist you would fine it interesting how people from way back learned how to make such amazing art with such limited resources? It's amazing how clever they can get sometimes.

i feel like math kicks my ass most of the time rather than me kicking its ass, but it's the best feeling when you suddenly understand a concept. like a fuse going off in your brain, it's pure enlightenment

that sounds pretty interesting, i remember my english teacher showing a slideshow comparing renaissance art to middle ages art. (i preferred the rough looking middle ages art of course) really shows how important art is in history........................... not memeing, i wouldn't say art is less important than the natural sciences because they just can't be compared

monks shitposting is the best thing ever, tbh, it's even better when you realize some of them were also nuns (the one with picking penises off a tree i think was made by a nun). i'm surprised that people don't talk about how DIRTY pagan culture got mixed into christianity because you can see the results of that today. i would also be scared shitless to be making art when most art supplies either killed you slowly or costed an arm

they mix heavy metals into their paint i heard... why is which no classrooms use oil paint =(

i feel bad for having all these resources around me and not doing renaissance-tier art, imagine if famous artists had access to digital art or the huge amounts of paint we have in CURRENT YEAR

in school i learned that if u were a lower class man you'd get your hands cut off for theft

but if you were higher class you'd just get a fine

this still happens but with less hand cutting

this still happens but with less hand cutting

don't they cut your balls off instead?

This reminds me of the time I called an internet friend and read them Poe's The Black Cat.

Good times.

no jokes, i've recited faust several times to a friend and it was pretty good

book reading should be a sport