• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I left HHH mainly because of the kpop spam.

I don't feel like to see 20 kpop images in a row.

I moved to FE4 thread, but only because it's much calmer.

However I only post there rarely.

Not a big fan of big-chats anyways.

(same like with this thread)

nice berseria theme jooles

"Our creator isn't especially spooky, it's just some teenage hacker in the next universe up"

>A popular argument for the simulation hypothesis came from University of Oxford philosopher Nick Bostrum in 2003, when he suggested that members of an advanced ancient civilization with enormous computing powers might decide to run simulations of their ancestors. They would probably have the ability to run many mamy such simulations, to the point where the vast majority of minds would actually be artificial ones within such simulations, rather than the original ancestral minds. So simple statistics suggest we are among the simulated minds

>And there are other reasons to think we might be virtual. For instance the more we learn about the universe, the more it appears to be based on mathematical laws. Perhaps that is not a given but a function of the nature of the universe we are living in. "If I were a character in a computer game, I would also discover eventually that the rules seemed completely rigid and mathematical. That just reflects the computer code in which it was written" - max tegmark

>Furthermore ideas from information theory keep showing up in physics. "In my research I found this very strange thing.I was driven to error correcting codes - that's what make browsers work. So why were they in the equations I was studying about quarks and electrons and supersymmetry? This brought me t the stark realization that I could no longer say people like max are crazy" - james gates.

Maybe Newtonian physics no longer applying as you approach the speed of light is just the universe glitching out on us.

Nah einstein covered up enough of the gaps newton had.

honestly, if supersymmetry really ends up being proven though, that alone should be a strong enough argument.

Explaining the glitches doesn't make them not glitches.

what if they put a one time use item that guarantees the next encounter to be shiny?

I'd waste two days trying to get a shiny legendary with perfect ivs

Nah, i don't really care about shinies, i'd probably use it on a cyndaquill or something

im reading this science magazine my aunt got me for my birthday

havent done much today though.

waking up late always makes me super unproductive

Sounds fun

yeah same except all the homework I had winter break to do that I waited until today for