The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

2 minutes ago, Chen said:

Fire Emblem has been irrelevant in Japan for quite some time now, and there are only a few commercial titles worth looking forward to per year nowadays. Calling the series "dead" is probably a stretch, but not much of one - the model as it is isn't really sustainable (lol, shitty stages and "characters") and most potential customers have moved on to other content by this point, especially with the rise of Western games in recent years.

Sad to say, but unless there is a major paradigm shift in how content is funded and delivered, there is no future for Fire Emblem in Japan. Personally, I think the best solution at this point would be for the few  Fire Emblem writers left who are still capable of/willing to make good games to try to capture the console market, but most of them seem set in their ways... which is really why things ended up here to begin with.

lmao, before finding the real version, i though this had been a post on my echoes topic

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chen said:

Fire Emblem has been irrelevant in Japan for quite some time now, and there are only a few commercial titles worth looking forward to per year nowadays. Calling the series "dead" is probably a stretch, but not much of one - the model as it is isn't really sustainable (lol, shitty stages and "characters") and most potential customers have moved on to other content by this point, especially with the rise of Western games in recent years.

Sad to say, but unless there is a major paradigm shift in how content is funded and delivered, there is no future for Fire Emblem in Japan. Personally, I think the best solution at this point would be for the few  Fire Emblem writers left who are still capable of/willing to make good games to try to capture the console market, but most of them seem set in their ways... which is really why things ended up here to begin with.

i assume this is people talking about echoes

people talking about it makes me sad most of the time

when fire emblem worldwide only release????

Let's not kid ourselves, people in this community are desperate enough to play (pirate) anything regardless of whether or not it has marriage, so it doesn't really matter what they prefer. lol

I find this topic personally offensive because the people who are proponents of retaining marriage are basically making a mockery of Fire Emblem... for the past few weeks I've been working on a certain ROM hack project that I want to make sure is as polished as possible, and it was extremely disheartening to see this thread tonight with people outright saying that you're "ruining" the original (which they haven't read and have no frame of reference for to begin with) if you so much as attempt to preserve the tone of the original games instead of vomiting waifu-trash gibberish everywhere.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what people think they want; I'm only concerned about producing a good game, period, and I would dare to say that any game maker worth his or her salt feels the same way. So people can bloviate all they want about how marriage are supposedly "preserving the meaning" of a series they don't understand in the first place, but at the end of the day no one is actually going to listen to them (the fact that the OP even posted this thread proves that he's not cut out to be a REAL Fire Emblem fan and will assuredly either drop this series posthaste or produce something not fit for human consumption).

Let's not kid ourselves, people in this community are desperate enough to play (pirate) anything regardless of whether or not it has marriage, so it doesn't really matter what they prefer. lol

I find this topic personally offensive because the people who are proponents of retaining marriage are basically making a mockery of Fire Emblem... for the past few weeks I've been working on a certain ROM hack project that I want to make sure is as polished as possible, and it was extremely disheartening to see this thread tonight with people outright saying that you're "ruining" the original (which they haven't read and have no frame of reference for to begin with) if you so much as attempt to preserve the tone of the original games instead of vomiting waifu-trash gibberish everywhere.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what people think they want; I'm only concerned about producing a good game, period, and I would dare to say that any game maker worth his or her salt feels the same way. So people can bloviate all they want about how marriage are supposedly "preserving the meaning" of a series they don't understand in the first place, but at the end of the day no one is actually going to listen to them (the fact that the OP even posted this thread proves that he's not cut out to be a REAL Fire Emblem fan and will assuredly either drop this series posthaste or produce something not fit for human consumption).

Okay. You people have pissed me off over GameFAQs for long enough. If I get anymore crap about this like the log in the last post, I am posting EVERY log about GameFAQs strictly in positive view of it from that point on. NO EXCEPTIONS! And I won't hesitate to talk a bit about you either.

You've been warned.

What the hell is up with the opposite sex?

As it turns out, there are too many girls on MySpace. And they go all "like totally", "grody to the max", etc. VALLEY GIRLS, AHAHA! HOW PATHETIC! What? You girls out there are going to criticize me now for laughing at your expense. Maybe I would actually not laugh at your expense, IF YOU ACTUALLY TRIED TO LIKE ME! Just like a girl I knew when I was 14 apparently really liked me and that was at least part of the reason why I even liked her. But even though I'm respectful of your privacy and space, you call me obsessive or a stalker anyway. What the hell.

I'm sorry, girls, but the only way your stalking accusation shit has been valid is by you not wanting my company. FOR WHAT REASON WOULD YOU NOT WANT MY COMPANY? I don't even need to look cute for you to not want my company, not that I don't look cute or that it doesn't help. But I've got enough of more than a baby face to deserve at least members of the opposite sex being real friends who don't talk behind my back, never mind somebody being an SO at this point.

Oh, I get it. Girls only care about looks, yet they're turned off by me because I look *GASP* cute. That's right. Baby faces are a turn off and I happen to have one to an extent. So they don't date me because that would mean they would actually make sense, and they can't have that, now can they? But I have qualities that can offset my any number of flaws long before my looks should even be considered. Oh, that's right. They are not considering because, again, that would actually make sense. They just go for the chauvinistic creeps who are nothing but flaws. Fine. They can have fun being abused horribly.

Girls, you have taken things too far long ago. Your punishments are long overdue. And if you think you can get into my good graces with your breasts for which you had been getting "revenge" by saying "omg thair r neu k00t gaiz lolz", I have news for you: I'm not interested in any of you for breasts. If I was interested in you for any of your privates, it would be your vaginas, and even then, there's no way that would win me over or anything.

I'm not going to develop this rant further. There are more arguments within the LJ, but I have no incentive to dig them up. I'm pissed at girls partly because they keep me out of their fun, and partly because they refuse to smile at me.

Yes, I'm bitter. Not necessarily about people liking Awakening or other popular games, but about the fact that they can't seem to discuss anything else.

I didn't found the Fire Emblem community and help forge the community as it is today in order to have it become some endless cycle of heaping worn-out praises upon the same narrow selection of titles. That's, in fact, exactly the situation I was trying to break out from.

Back in 2006, there was nothing to play except Sacred Stones and Rekka no Ken, really. There were a few other prominent titles with translations, but you could probably count the amount of worthwhile translations in English on one hand. So I came up with the idea to start  and bring more titles to people so they'd be able to experience more of this great series. And for a while, that worked out. The Binding Blade project and other high-profile translations from Serenes and related groups helped to invigorate the western Fire Emblem scene in a new and exciting way.

But here we are in 2016 and I'm left perturbed by the way the community has grown. Though my goal of bringing more titles to the west has been accomplished in a big way by a variety of individuals, the fanbase is still content to simply sit around discussing Awakening and Rekka instead of venturing out of their comfort zone and exploring what's available to them. It's like we never left 2013, just with a slightly different set of games being hailed as the end-all, be-all of the series by people who don't know any better now.

844558590b.png

tfw my highest level diablo 2 character of all time that I just started about 2 years ago i named after integrity as a joke because he hates hammerdins

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Chen said:

what's wrong with hammerdins

it's not that they use hammers, it's that they use the skill "Blessed hammer" that is a dumb looking skill that casts a magic hammer that circles around

and if you make a build with it, it is the most OP shit in the game for most PvE

oJoOSa9.gif