• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of sometimes think "how the fuck does the christian right has so much power in america" but just these days i noticed that my city's legislative chamber (basically a mix of a city council and state legislative house since my city is for all purposes a city-state) is the same way, despite not even being a particularly conservative place, and being a big city. I think like half of the members are evangelicals who let that affect their policies despite only 25% of the city beingh evangelical. I blame that on the fact that people sort of not care about our city's legislative chamber when voting (people think the governor does everything in the city), so they just vote for whoever (it's a proportinal, not districtal vote, so there are many people running), and i'm partly to blame as well since i cared less about that vote than the ones for president, governor or for the national congress.

just recently, a law was aproved that demands doctors to show women who seek a abortion due to a pregnancy resulting from rape (abortions aren't allowed other than for that or health risks) a photo of the fetus to "help them make their decision", and that legitimately made me angry and disgusted. Our governor is imo pretty good (one of the few politicians here i still sort of trust), so i'm pretty sure he'll block the law, but still, it's terrible.

Edited by Nobody