• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey did you know it's a proven fact that Churchill killed over 4 million people in India? Guess we'll not hear enough from that!

Reminds me when someone brings up stuff like Mesoamerica's Flower Wars and stuf, in response to the Conquistadors, well, conquering the place.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me when someone brings up stuff like Mesoamerica's Flower Wars and stuf, in response to the Conquistadors, well, conquering the place.

Or when people bring up that our Brazilian Indians used to fight amongst themselves in response to the other Conquistadores.

the bigger point was the british history books will usually provide a sanitised version of historical events that rarely portrays the empire in a bad light

i'm sure this is not really unique to that, but it is true the the british empire covered so much land that their main game was colonialism and imperialism for a very long time. to a lot of other countries they were considered the aggressors for fairly good reason.

(and just to say that it's not unique right now, i'm sure rei and nobody will tell you about how much people really know about the military dictatorship in brazil for example, lol)

Edited by Tryhard

gotta love when the military shoots a family car 80 times without asking questions and after killing a family man (guess what was the color of his skin) they just make snarky remarks to the grieving wife.

our tweetaholic president and justice minister are radio silent. the governor doesn't give a fuck. 

plus, the mayor of rio de janeiro might be the worst mayor in brazilian history. there have been horrible mayors before but this motherfucker takes the cake.

Man, last night there were quite the strong winds.

A tree actually fell down not that far from my home. Thankfully, said tree was in... ah, what are they called... over here it's Camellón. That space they sometimes put between roads. Anyway, it was on one of those and it fell on it as well. It also happened way deep in the night. So overall, nothing bad happened other than the tree itself falling.

Still, that was quite the wind...

and holy shit.

bolsonaro shows support regarding danilo gentili but did not say a word about the father who was shot by the army

On 4/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, Tryhard said:

the bigger point was the british history books will usually provide a sanitised version of historical events that rarely portrays the empire in a bad light

i'm sure this is not really unique to that, but it is true the the british empire covered so much land that their main game was colonialism and imperialism for a very long time. to a lot of other countries they were considered the aggressors for fairly good reason.

(and just to say that it's not unique right now, i'm sure rei and nobody will tell you about how much people really know about the military dictatorship in brazil for example, lol)

I mean, we just called that conflict we had with Mexico in the 1850s a war. The Mexicans called it an invasion.

The apple fell closer to the tree than some thought.

2 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

fucking lol at guedes saying "lula never stole a dime"

what a weird turn of events

he's an economist, not a lawyer or a judge lol

fucking hilarius to see people who don't trust him as an economist taking a phrase that might have been said by him as proof that "LULA IS INNOCENT OMFGGGG!!11!!!" when he has no understanding of law whatsoever

it's like those people are waiting for anything, absolutely ANYTHING to strengthern the dumb narrative that lula was persecuted

Edited by Nobody

also, i haven't seen any respectable news source saying he said that, the only journalist that claimed it was Juca Kfouri, who is known petista and once in a while write stuff like that, and stuff like "revista forum" or Brasil247 quoting it

also, i haven't seen any respectable news source saying he said that, the only journalist that claimed it was Juca Kfouri, who is known petista and once in a while write stuff like that, and stuff like "revista forum" or Brasil247 quoting it

This whole debate about Gentili's right to free speech and how some of our laws are bs and our society is vindictive as shit but sometimes really fucking permissive with things people do and say (which tbh some people do have good points) is a prime example of how right-wing shitheads get it so easy sometimes.

Afaik, he wasn't arrested yet. 

But the thing is, dude spent YEARS (might be pushing a decade) with this edgy, offensive and sometimes racist brand of "humour". When he finally gets hit by the hammer of the law, people defend him, even those who he spent years harassing on the first place.

Must be good.