Take the Smash Quiz

Knife

Quiz 1: How well do you know each character?

1. Strongest Smashes (Knockback)

A) Strongest Up Smash?

B) Strongest Side Smash?

C) Strongest Down Smash?

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes?

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery?

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery.

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback).

6. Which characters can glide?

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s).

Edited by Knitty

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) Strongest Up Smash?

B) Strongest Side Smash?

C) Strongest Down Smash?

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s).

A. Ivysaur, can start killing Mario's at about 40% at full charge

B. Snake's side I have seen KO Kirby's at about 33% so

C. Charizard (blunt guess)

2. ZSS, Up-B, Down-A, and Down-B is the attack after spikes

3. Wario's Up B does pratically nothing vertical wise

4. Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Smaus, Shiek, Ivysaur, Olimar, and Lucas, also the Ice Climber's if you count Nana pulling you up to the edge if she grabs it during Bellay

5. (this question confuses me so I'm guessing, Luigi's if it produces sweetspots

6. Pit, MetaKnight, Charizard

7. Olimar's Down-b, Ike's B, and Up-B, Jiggaly's Down-B, there's more but I can't remember

I guessed on 2, 3. and 5

Edited by Serene

A. Ivysaur, can start killing Mario's at about 40% at full charge

B. Bowser side smash

C

2. ZSS (a blunt guess)

3. Wario's Up B does pratically nothing vertical wise

4. Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Smaus, Shiek, Ivysaur, Olimar,

5. (this question confuses me so I'm guessing, ROB

6. Pit, MetaKnight, Charizard

7. Olimar's Down-b, Ike's B, and Up-B, Jiggaly's Down-B, there's more but I can't remember

I guessed on 2, 3. and 5

For number five, I meant basically meant which B-Up move has the most knockback.

For number five, I meant basically meant which B-Up move has the most knockback.

That's a toughy, I'll guess that it's Luigi's up-B if it sweet spots

A) Strongest Up Smash?Lucas

B) Strongest Side Smash?Ike

C) Strongest Down Smash?Toon Link

Thought everyone only has one.

Luigi. Double jump plus his down B at the peak of his second jump plus up B.

What is teher recovery?

Snake and Ike(Tie)

Carzard and Pit

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s).Ike,Snake,......thats all i know.

A) Strongest Up Smash? Lucas

B) Strongest Side Smash? Ike

C) Strongest Down Smash? Snake?

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Wolf?

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? uh...Jigglypuff?

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. Link, Toon Linnk, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, I think Sheik, Ivysaur, Olimar

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). I'd guess Luigi's Up-B.

6. Which characters can glide? Charizard, Pit, Meta Knight

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s). What?

A - Strongest Up Smash? Lucas, methinks. Makes me cringe every time I get caught in it.

B - Strongest Side Smash? I'd say Ike or Snake... I'ma say Ike just outta bias though.

C - Strongest Down Smash? Oh shit... Marth's is pretty powerful, has an amazing vertical knock back... but it doesn't kill at high percentages... Ganondorf's traps people on the first hit, and delivers a hell of a blow on the second, as does TL's... Snake's is a bitch if you step on a fully charged mine... I dunno, I'm leaving this blank. =X

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Ike or ZSS... I dunno if you'd count Aether's drag as a meteor, but if you do that's three, his vAir, vTilt and ^B... I only know of ZSS's >B and ^B. =X But, Captain Falcon has two spikes as well, so that would negate ZSS having the MOST, as she's tied, unless I'm missing one for ZSS. =X

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? I'd say Wario because his ^B is utter shit. Jiggles has no viable ^B, but she's got ass loads of jumps, so I'm counting that as vertical recovery.

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. ZSS, Sheik, Link, TL, Samus, Ivysaur, Olimar, Lucas, and if you want to count theirs, the Ice Climbers. I mean, Nana launches Popo straight to the edge, and he pulls Nana up, so I'd count that.

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). I'm thinking Luigi if it connects at the start.

6. Which characters can glide? Pit, Metaknight, Charizard.

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s). Oh lord... Ike with Eruption and Aether, Olimar with the whistle thinger, I dunno if you'd count MK's Mach Tornado, as he doesn't even take damage when he's using it, as far as I know... that's all I can be bothered to remember. =X

EDIT: Typo'd. =X

Edited by Zanryu

I plan on giving answers to this tommorow, so edit while you can. Looking at other people's answers is a good idea, since some have them right. The only one no one has really answered right is the down smash one.

EDIT:..........................

a- Strongest Up Smash? Lucas

b- Strongest Side Smash? Ike

c- Strongest Down Smash? Donkey Kong

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? ZSS?...

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? Wario

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery? (Toon) Link, Ness, Lucas, ZSS, Samus

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback)? Ness

6. Which characters can glide? Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s)? Marth, Ike, Lucario (???)

Edited by CGV

a- Strongest Up Smash? Lucas

b- Strongest Side Smash? Charizard (rock smash ftw)

c- Strongest Down Smash? Donkey Kong

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? ZSS?...

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? Wario

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery? Tether?

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback)? Ness

6. Which characters can glide? Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s)? ??????

I'm going to point out that Rock Smash is Charizard's Side Special move, not smash.

Tether is those grab's that extend further than character reach

Super Armor, frames on a character that negate knockback but still has damage

I'm going to point out that Rock Smash is Charizard's Side Special move, not smash.

Tether is those grab's that extend further than character reach

Super Armor, frames on a character that negate knockback but still has damage

I edited it, but I still don't get that last question

I edited it, but I still don't get that last question

Go get criticaled while jumping up in the air with Ike's Aether, that's a Super Armor (if it doesn't send you flying)

Lucario and Marth don't have super Armor, they have invinciblity frames, (if your talking about their counter moves)

Note: for #3, I'm not considering Jigglypuff at all, so she shouldn't be the answer. Edit while you can.

Yay, I didn't count someone at the right time for once. =D

Ya rly. You can still answer the one I haven't asked if you want.

Also, the answer for the strongest side smash I gave you was wrong. It is actually

HEY CHEATERS. YOU GONNA READ THE ANSWER?

Answers:

A) Strongest Up Smash? Ivysaur

B ) Strongest Side Smash? Snake

C) Strongest Down Smash? G & W

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Ike (down tilt, down aerial, Up-B, and neutral B )

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? DK (not taking Yoshi and Jiggs in consideration, since they really don't have a recovery move)

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. Ivysaur, ZSS, Toon Link, Sheik, Link, , Samus, Olimar, and Lucas (I'm letting Ice Climber guesses off the hook, but no, they technically aren't Tether Recoverers)

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). Luigi's Fire Jump Punch

6. Which characters can glide? Pit, Charizard, and Meta Knight

Ike - Aether (Up-B ), Eruption (B )

Bowser - Bowser Bomb (Down-B )

Marth - Dolphin Slash (Up-B )

DK - Giant Punch (B )

Olimar - Pikmin Order (Down-B )

Wario - Wario Waft (Down-B )

Snake - Cypher (Up-B )

Ganondorf - Flame Choke (Side-B )

Charizard - Fly (Up-B )

Pit - Mirror Shield (Down-B )

King Dedede - Super Dedede Jump (Up-B )

Extra fact: Super Armor Frames are when characters still take damage, but aren't stunned/knocked back from a move. This usually applies to heavy characters. Although a few non-heavy characters have Super Armor Frames, Olimar is considered special since he has a Super Armor Frame for such a quick move. It actually is used as a special technique to avoid being killed by lethal Final Smashes like Marth's Critical Hit or Zelda/Sheik's arrows. Super Armor Frames also occur for normal A attacks/Smash attacks (Wario's side smash is a good example) and grabbing.

A. Ivysaur, can start killing Mario's at about 40% at full charge Correct

B. Snake's side I have seen KO Kirby's at about 33% so Correct

C. Charizard (blunt guess) Incorrect

2. ZSS, Up-B, Down-A, and Down-B is the attack after spikes Incorrect

3. Wario's Up B does pratically nothing vertical wise Incorrect

4. Link, Toon Link, ZSS, Smaus, Shiek, Ivysaur, Olimar, and Lucas, also the Ice Climber's if you count Nana pulling you up to the edge if she grabs it during Bellay Correct

5. (this question confuses me so I'm guessing, Luigi's if it produces sweetspots Correct

6. Pit, MetaKnight, Charizard Correct

I guessed on 2, 3. and 5

A) Strongest Up Smash?Lucas Incorrect

B ) Strongest Side Smash?Ike Incorrect

C) Strongest Down Smash?Toon Link Incorrect

Thought everyone only has one. Incorrect

Luigi. Double jump plus his down B at the peak of his second jump plus up B. Incorrect

What is teher recovery? Incorrect

Snake and Ike(Tie) Incorrect

Carzard and Pit Incorrect

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s).Ike,Snake,......thats all i know.

A) Strongest Up Smash? Lucas Incorrect

B ) Strongest Side Smash? Ike Incorrect

C) Strongest Down Smash? Snake? Incorrect

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Wolf? Incorrect

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? uh...Jigglypuff? Incorrect

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. Link, Toon Linnk, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, I think Sheik, Ivysaur, Olimar Incorrect

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). I'd guess Luigi's Up-B. Correct

6. Which characters can glide? Charizard, Pit, Meta Knight Correct

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s). What?

A - Strongest Up Smash? Lucas, methinks. Makes me cringe every time I get caught in it. Incorrect

B - Strongest Side Smash? I'd say Ike or Snake... I'ma say Ike just outta bias though. Incorrect

C - Strongest Down Smash? Oh shit... Marth's is pretty powerful, has an amazing vertical knock back... but it doesn't kill at high percentages... Ganondorf's traps people on the first hit, and delivers a hell of a blow on the second, as does TL's... Snake's is a bitch if you step on a fully charged mine... I dunno, I'm leaving this blank. =X Incorrect

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Ike or ZSS... I dunno if you'd count Aether's drag as a meteor, but if you do that's three, his vAir, vTilt and ^B... I only know of ZSS's >B and ^B. =X But, Captain Falcon has two spikes as well, so that would negate ZSS having the MOST, as she's tied, unless I'm missing one for ZSS. =X Correct (assuming you meant Ike, but no double guesses in the future)

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? I'd say Wario because his ^B is utter shit. Jiggles has no viable ^B, but she's got ass loads of jumps, so I'm counting that as vertical recovery. Incorrect

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. ZSS, Sheik, Link, TL, Samus, Ivysaur, Olimar, Lucas, and if you want to count theirs, the Ice Climbers. I mean, Nana launches Popo straight to the edge, and he pulls Nana up, so I'd count that. Correct

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). I'm thinking Luigi if it connects at the start. Correct

6. Which characters can glide? Pit, Metaknight, Charizard. Correct

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s). Oh lord... Ike with Eruption and Aether, Olimar with the whistle thinger, I dunno if you'd count MK's Mach Tornado, as he doesn't even take damage when he's using it, as far as I know... that's all I can be bothered to remember. =X

EDIT: Typo'd. =X

EDIT:..........................

a- Strongest Up Smash? Lucas Incorrect

b- Strongest Side Smash? Ike Incorrect

c- Strongest Down Smash? Donkey Kong Incorrect

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? ZSS?... Incorrect

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? Wario Incorrect

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery? (Toon) Link, Ness, Lucas, ZSS, Samus Incorrect

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback)? Ness Incorrect

6. Which characters can glide? Peach, Kirby, Jigglypuff Incorrect

7. Name every character that can use Super Armor Frames and each corresponding move(s)? Marth, Ike, Lucario (???)

Ok, scores have been tallied up. The Super Armor Frames question was actually a bonus question, worth 10 points. It went to whoever had the most correct answers.

Serene = 75.5% (includes + 10 from bonus question, + 3 for correction, best score in class)

Zanryu = 50%

Fox = 25%

MaSu = 0% (come on MaSu, nothing correct? You should try looking at other people's answer for ones you don't know)

CGV = 0% (at least you're not alone)

Class Average = 29.5%

Seeing as how bad the scores were for this quiz, I'm going to make the next one easier... :(

Thanks for participating.

Edited by Knife

Answers:

A) Strongest Up Smash? Ivysaur

B ) Strongest Side Smash? Snake

C) Strongest Down Smash? G & W

2. Which character has the most Meteor Smashes? Ike (down tilt, down aerial, Up-B, and neutral B )

3. Which character has the worst vertical recovery? DK (not taking Yoshi and Jiggs in consideration, since they really don't have a recovery move)

4. Name every character that can use tether recovery. Ivysaur, ZSS, Toon Link, Sheik, Link, , Samus, Olimar, and Lucas (I'm letting Ice Climber guesses off the hook, but no, they technically aren't Tether Recoverers)

5. Which character has the strongest recovery in the game (knockback). Luigi's Fire Jump Punch

6. Which characters can glide? Pit, Charizard, and Meta Knight

Ike - Aether (Up-B ), Eruption (B )

Bowser - Bowser Bomb (Down-B )

Marth - Dolphin Slash (Up-B )

DK - Giant Punch (B )

Olimar - Pikmin Order (Down-B )

Wario - Wario Waft (Down-B )

Snake - Cypher (Up-B )

Charizard - Fly (Up-B )

Pit - Mirror Shield (Down-B )

King Dedede - Super Dedede Jump (Up-B )

Extra fact: Super Armor Frames are when characters still take damage, but aren't stunned/knocked back from a move. This usually applies to heavy characters. Although a few non-heavy characters have Super Armor Frames, Olimar is considered special since he has a Super Armor Frame for such a quick move. It actually is used as a special technique to avoid being killed by lethal Final Smashes like Marth's Critical Hit or Zelda/Sheik's arrows. Super Armor Frames also occur for normal A attacks/Smash attacks (Wario's side smash is a good example) and grabbing.

Ok, scores have been tallied up. The Super Armor Frames question was actually a bonus question, worth 10 points. It went to whoever had the most correct answers.

Serene = 72.5% (includes + 10 from bonus question, best score in class)

Zanryu = 50%

Fox = 25%

MaSu = 0% (come on MaSu, nothing correct? You should try looking at other people's answer for ones you don't know)

CGV = 0% (at least you're not alone)

Class Average = 29.5

Seeing as how bad the scores were for this quiz, I'm going to make the next one easier... :(

Thanks for participating.

Yes I win, I knew I know more about Brawl than everyone else (I'm not including Knife and Ninji)