Fire Emblem: War of the Trojans

sandmanccl

Admit it. You'd play it and enjoy killing Hector as Achilles.

What class would all the heroes be? I suppose technically they'd all be soldiers because it was a bunch of spear-chucking in reality, but we're going for the fantasy version

Achilles: Myrmidon. Because he actually was a Myrmidon. Those were his soldiers.

Odysseus: Seeing as how he was the tactician and supposedly the world's greatest trickster, he'd have to be a fire mage.

Ajax: Hero. I just imagine the guy as being a hulking, skillful brute.

Agamemnon: Corrupt king? I vote him as the dark magic user.

Menalaus: I vote fighter because he's supposed to be the strongest (as in physical size) of all the Greeks, IIRC.

Maybe it's because it's so late, but I can't think of the names of the other heroes. But seriously, I'd play it. My midnight ideas are always so wonderful.

I'm such a literature geek.

Admit it. You'd play it and enjoy killing Hector as Achilles.

What class would all the heroes be? I suppose technically they'd all be soldiers because it was a bunch of spear-chucking in reality, but we're going for the fantasy version

Achilles: Myrmidon. Because he actually was a Myrmidon. Those were his soldiers.

Odysseus: Seeing as how he was the tactician and supposedly the world's greatest trickster, he'd have to be a fire mage.

Ajax: Hero. I just imagine the guy as being a hulking, skillful brute.

Agamemnon: Corrupt king? I vote him as the dark magic user.

Menalaus: I vote fighter because he's supposed to be the strongest (as in physical size) of all the Greeks, IIRC.

Maybe it's because it's so late, but I can't think of the names of the other heroes. But seriously, I'd play it. My midnight ideas are always so wonderful.

I'm such a literature geek.

LOL NEVER. But it sounds a bit interesting...........if you wernt killing Hector,Kill Pansywood instead.

LOL NEVER. But it sounds a bit interesting...........if you wernt killing Hector,Kill Pansywood instead.

He's talking about Hector of Troy, not the blue-haired guy from FE7. ._.

Sounds intriguing.

But didn't Achilles use a spear or something? Or was that another hero?

They all used spears, technically. The point is to make it Fire Emblem, though. The greek warriors were known as hoplites, or maybe that was the type of armor they wore, or something. If you've ever seen 300, the first part of the battle where they make a phalanx formation, block, thrust, move up, block, thrust, move up? That's pretty much how war was fought in those days.

And yes, Hector of Troy. Hector of Blazing Sword is my favorite FE unit of all time.

I've read the Iliad, The Odyssey, Metamorphosis, and numerous books on Greco-Roman myth. I'd say there'd have to be several new classes to represent the trojan war. Fire Emblem just isn't a good series to have greek myth adapted to. Although, if you were going to make a FE version of the Trojan war, I would say this list would be better:

Achilles: Lance / Sword user. Like Sigurd or Eliwood, except not mounted.

Odysseus: Sword or Lance / Bow user: Odysseus was known for his marksmanship and cunning more than anything else. Maybe he'd start with a bow and then get a sword or a lance on promotion.

Ajax the greater: I agree with Sandman in that he should be a hero.

Agamemnon: There aren't many accounts of him actually fighting. I don't know what he'd be. Maybe just a lance user.

Menelaus: Either a Hero or a Warrior.

Diomedes: See Achilles.

Ooh, that's true about Odysseus. I had forgotten the bit about the marksmanship, which is pretty silly of me. After all, that's how he proved he was who he said he was upon returning home.

Anyway, I realize that everyone would basically be a soldier that could also use swords, because that's just how the combat went in those days. You gotta adapt reality based on the game, not the other way around. That's why I still say Achilles would be a Myrmidon. After all, he lead the actual Myrmidons into battle.

Then again, he's sort of the main character of the Iliad, so a Lord class is in Order. He'd have to be a spear guy that promotes into a Charioteer. YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

The way you put Ajax the Greater made me remember The Lesser. He'd have to be the assassin. He's the twat that killed the priestess insode the temple of Apollo, wasn't he? It's more personality here than actual skill.

Menelaus as a warrior works. And like I said about Agamemnon, the guy sacrificed his daughter for favorable winds to get to Troy. That's totally wicked evil. Dark magic, imo.

Ooh, that's true about Odysseus. I had forgotten the bit about the marksmanship, which is pretty silly of me. After all, that's how he proved he was who he said he was upon returning home.

Anyway, I realize that everyone would basically be a soldier that could also use swords, because that's just how the combat went in those days. You gotta adapt reality based on the game, not the other way around. That's why I still say Achilles would be a Myrmidon. After all, he lead the actual Myrmidons into battle.

Then again, he's sort of the main character of the Iliad, so a Lord class is in Order. He'd have to be a spear guy that promotes into a Charioteer. YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

The way you put Ajax the Greater made me remember The Lesser. He'd have to be the assassin. He's the twat that killed the priestess insode the temple of Apollo, wasn't he? It's more personality here than actual skill.

Menelaus as a warrior works. And like I said about Agamemnon, the guy sacrificed his daughter for favorable winds to get to Troy. That's totally wicked evil. Dark magic, imo.

Actually, if you look at my post, I tried to come up with different options of weapons for everyone. You'd have to be very careful about who is made the main lord. Achilles fits the bill plot-wise for part of the trojan war, but not all of it, seeing as how he spends part of it sulking and then later dies. Anyway, he leads the myrmidons, but he isn't one of them. You're forgetting that he was born and raised on a different island, and then his mother took him away to the home of the myrmidons to hide from those who wanted him to fight against the trojans. It would make sense that his fighting stlye be different from the myrmidons.

And as for Agamemnon, he was a soldier through and through. It was the seer who said that Artemis was holding back the winds, and it was the seer who said they had to sacrifice Agamemnon's daughter if they ever wanted to get their journey under way. It all works out in the end though, after Agamemnon is murdered. All part of the curse on his house I guess. Anyway, my point is that he was a fight, maybe a crappy one as he isn't ever mentioned doing anything great on the battlefield, but a fighter non the less. The Greeks were too proud to make someone who couldn't fight with a weapon their leader.

Hmm, good point. Agamemnon fits the bill as a Darius-type guy, in that sense. Make the seer out to be some sort of criminal dark mage with him as the unknowing dupe lord? He could be a Knight/General, then.

You're also right about the whole no one being the main character thing. But still... Achilles is central. He deserves a lord class, if for no other reason than being the best warrior of all time, anywhere, in just about any literature. That, and I'd love a Charioteer class. (You know you would, don't be a hater.)

For a sniper, you've got Teucer. I remember the name, even though he was such a minor character. I think he was the brother of Ajax the Greater.