FE7 Warp Playthrough

Mekkah

So me and Rolanmen1 sometimes talk on MSN. One day he approached me and said he had something funny to show me, but I had to download something and then put it in a folder somewhere and then also get a new VBA version and a lot of other stuff so I could hardly be bothered to do it. I did it anyway, and he gave me some instructions on what to do. Then I saw what it did and I was like "wow, this is funny".

He actually invented a script that allows you to teleport any unit (player, enemy, NPC) anywhere, without using up their turn. It was hilarious. I did one lazy playthrough with it, then actually went for low turns on my second playthrough, and then cut even more turns off in my final playthrough, which I recorded.

The playlist of these videos is here.

The playthrough is mostly self explanatory. At times it looks a little sloppy because I'm not a pro recorder/planner/etc, plus the way you warp things around is weird. You have to put your cursor on a unit, press [keyboard] Q, then put your cursor on the place you want them to go through, press [keyboard] W, and then kind of refresh the screen by pressing [game] A. Sometimes this is a little unresponsive, I end up transporting the wrong units or put them on the wrong tiles, etc.

Everything is recorded, I'm just uploading them rather slowly.

Enjoy.

For those of you who want to try this on their own:

http://speedy.sh/TVvJC/rolans-weird-script.lua

Download this and run it. You might need to get a special version of VBA and maybe something else I forgot.

Edited by Mekkah

Yea, this would be rather fun to simply play around with when you've got plenty of time on your hands. Not to mention you could play around with entry zones and reinforcement stuff. Not sure if that's easily known though. I have no idea what prompts Vaida to come or not come on HHM at times.

lol this is so ridiculous. That Kent is absurdly good, btw

And here's a little fun fact that you can test for yourself via warping around: in Chapter 17, if you warp Lyn up to the Caelin soldiers and have her open the door, it'll initiate a conversation that you're not normally supposed to see.

Patch please.

Also, this looks interesting...

At the mentioning of a script, I don't think it's a patch you'll need. The script is probably some LUA stuff, so you need to get the fork of VBA that supports LUA scripting. That should be all that's necessary--but this is just interpreted from what the first post suggests.

Also, if Mekkah had watched the cutscene after chapter 20, the game would've frozen due to Eliwood not being able to get to the stairs at the back.

Wow, this is actually really interesting. Is there video that shows this?

• 2 months later...

Bumping this age old thread to say the run is finally entirely uploaded on Youtube. Project complete!

The final chapter can be found here: