Rate the Unit, Day 12: Lute

If you want your vote to be counted as an 8/10, since that's the highest adequately explained outlier we have, I'll grant you a late pass.

The reason I rejected the 9 vote is because your post seemed to be based from the perspective of your Lute solo, which in my mind has ...little relevance.

Plus, what else could you want? Existent durability, for one. :P

EDIT: @Boron, the votes are finalized (so no new votes will be accepted) but out of the goodness of my heart I'm giving Whase a second chance. Banzai already forfeited his.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not looking to change my vote. I was just wondering because usually when a new "rate the unit" topic is started, we're usually done with the discussion here.

If you want your vote to be counted as an 8/10, since that's the highest adequately explained outlier we have, I'll grant you a late pass.

The reason I rejected the 9 vote is because your post seemed to be based from the perspective of your Lute solo, which in my mind has ...little relevance.

Plus, what else could you want? Existent durability, for one. :P

EDIT: @Boron, the votes are finalized (so no new votes will be accepted) but out of the goodness of my heart I'm giving Whase a second chance. Banzai already forfeited his.

I actually only mentioned my Lute solo because people are always like "Seth deserves 10/10 because he can solo the game".

but yes, if my 9/10 doesn't count, making it an 8/10 is better than just discarding it.

The difference between Seth and Lute is Seth needs no babying, can carry Eirika while he does it like a breeze, and his solorun for the most part is easier than playing the game normally. Other people literally exists to slow him down except the ones who can reliably help on routs and the ones that make him go faster.

And that's with recruiting everyone and keeping everyone (except Amelia because Seth can't rescue too people at once, at least got the wings off her). Probably would've been even easier if I didn't do that.

Actually, SethxEirika pairing run is the easiest since he won't have to carry the girl anymore. Girl's gotta seize, anyway. Who cares about anyone else even

Sethskip has an entire tier list for a reason.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

not everyone plays for efficiency. I don't so I don't base my vote on that. I base my vote on how good she is in my style of playing the game, where babying is the most normal thing of all. it doesn't say in the OP on what kind of playing style the votes should be based. if you want to give your vote in terms of Sethskip, that's okay with me. I give my vote on terms of weapon range and stat growths.

not everyone plays for efficiency. I don't so I don't base my vote on that. I base my vote on how good she is in my style of playing the game, where babying is the most normal thing of all. it doesn't say in the OP on what kind of playing style the votes should be based. if you want to give your vote in terms of Sethskip, that's okay with me. I give my vote on terms of weapon range and stat growths.

Wow... I want to give you hug. Thank you so much for posting this.

Casual play's fine and dandy, but you didn't address her issues at all, which involves her terrible durability forever and her terrible con. So even in her solo run, she'd still be with those issues at least at the start when she doesn't have the time to build up her avoid yet. And she can't carry Eirika who will face danger at times if she's not moved out of the way, if you want to base it on solo performances.

So she doesn't deserve to be in the same league as Seth when it comes to soloing the game. I don't even play Sethskip. I play Sethsolo and base my ratings on Sethskip/Sethless because if I argued Sethsolo everyone would be a 0 except Seth. Integ said he'll accept the 8, and it might be in your best interests to do so. 8 isn't even a bad score, dude.

I guess I didn't make it clear enough, I don't base this on my solo. When using your terrain in a smart enough way, Lute is safe from most attacks with some nice extra avoid from certain tiles. her speed growth makes her evade enough after that. she doesn't need anything bigger than a fire tome to destroy enemies, she won't get slowed much by that.

when using only 5 or 6 allies, all units will have a high enough level not to die at a certain point. Lute stands above most others for having a nice 1-2 range period. leaving behind only those few longbow archers and stone gorgons.

Seth wouldn't even get near her league, I always give more experience to low leveled units, meaning Seth gets barely any until later in the game, where he's not as great anymore. and only buying him javelins here won't help much either.

other than that, yes, 8 is still a nice number. I just want to let people know I truly think she deserves the 9/10, and want to make sure everyone knows I have plenty of reasons for that.

Seth doesn't even require growths to function.

So you're accepting the 8. Works for me. I only even brought up Sethsolo since I've done it and you brought it up first anyway. Or else I wouldn't even have mentioned it.

Speaking of which I still need to go wreck Eph route sometimes

Okay. I think if we'd attacked this sooner, Whase, I would have understood why you gave her a 9/10 but from my perspective it just looked like "9/10 can solo the game" which is applicable to ...a lot of units.

We'll just take the 8 and discard this debacle.