My mind always goes crazy when I'm about to fall asleep.

Ein

The following is something that came to mind when I was about to fall asleep which is something that happens quite a bit. Kind of annoying really since I end up sleeping around 3 or 4 AM because of it. Any who...

-----

A sharp pain surged through my body and I awoke abruptly.

My eyes opened almost immediately in response to this pain. I sat up on my bed with my head hanging low. I placed my hand over my eyes and rubbed them a bit.

“Jesus… What the fuck was that?” I asked myself.

This pain was not like any pain I’ve felt before. My body ached all over in particular my neck and lower back.

As my eyes adjusted to my waking up I realized that I was no longer in my room.

I was in a featureless white room. There were no visible walls as though the floor just stretched out forever.

“W-What the hell…?” I said in a bewildered tone.

I looked around this area in the safety of my bed too scared to get off it. I was getting paranoid. I had no idea what was going on. This is most definitely not my room so where exactly was I?

I could feel my body trembling as though I were in a very cold area.

I hunched over and hugged my legs. I placed head between my knees in some kind of upright fetal position.

“Just wake up. Just wake up damn it!” I said to myself.

I didn’t know where I was but all I knew is that I most definitely did not want to stay.

I raised my head and slowly opened my eyes.

Once again I was in a different room only that this particular room left me completely speechless…

It was a small room with four doors.

The state of the room was in such a state that it seems like that of an abandoned building. Reddish-brown stains covered each wall and each door. I tried my hardest to convince myself that these stains could not possibly be blood. It’s just my imagination going wild right? All of this is just in my right? Right?!

I… I started to cry.

My body trembled more and more as I wept, distorting my vision with warms tears.

It was then when I heard some kind of scraping noise.

When I did I immediately stood up and faced the door in front of me. I don’t know. If some sort of assailant were to barge in what would I do? Probably nothing but I couldn’t just stay on floor.

The scraping got closer and closer and as it did my breathing became faster and faster.

I could a cold sweat on my forehead and body in general. My legs felt like jelly because of how on edge I was. It felt like would fall if a slight breeze passed by.

I could feel my trembling becoming faster and worse.

As I continued to process what was going on I heard the door behind me open and the scraping noise stopped.

I stood in place frozen in fear.

I did not want to turn around but my curiosity got the better of me.

Slowly, I turned around.

To my complete horror a decrepit figure stood in front of me.

It was significantly taller than I, roughly eight feet tall or more since I couldn’t even the figure’s head. The creature lacked any hands and it arms were completely straight. It did not seem as though this creature could even bend its arms. Its skin was covered in a whole array of injuries from cuts, burns, lacerations, bruises, and so on which also seemed infected. A section of its groin seemed have simply rotted away along with a section of the pelvis. Some intestines and entrails were clearly visible as well as falling apart. I could not tell if this creature had a gender. I didn’t want to know either way.

This creature stood there as though it were analyzing my appearance as well. I couldn’t shake the feeling that despite me being unable to see its face that it could clearly see me and that it was just waiting for me to do something.

I just couldn’t take this anymore. I ran to the door behind me and opened it. As I did there stood another creature similar to one behind me. It was just standing there convulsing and breathing in an erratic pattern. I had not noticed before but the creature behind was doing the same as well.

I slowly backed away and returned to the middle of the room. When I did the other two doors broke apart and two more creatures were revealed in the same position as the other two.

I couldn’t take this any longer.

I fell to my knees and held my head with both hands. I trembled and trembled and felt like my insides were bouncing around erratically as I bawd my eyes out.

“Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!

Don’t go crazy!”

I kept repeating that over and over to myself. I just wanted to not be here any longer. My body just couldn’t take anymore of this.

In my state of panic I hadn’t noticed that the four creatures had entered the room.

This put me in a higher state of panic.

I couldn’t even feel my arms and legs anymore and I collapsed onto the floor.

As lay on the floor the four creatures walked over my body and looked down.

These things didn’t even have a face…

A completely featureless face. Only skin.

Only skin. Only skin? Only skin?!

“Just what the hell is going on? What ARE these things! Why am I here! GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!” I said to myself.

As my mind raced with all kinds of thoughts the “face” of one of the creatures began to change.

It seems as though there something trying to burst through. I watched in horror and the expression of fear appeared underneath one of the creature’s skin.

Soon the others followed…

One had an expression of someone in pure agony, another had an expression of sorrow, and finally the last one had an expression of vehement rage.

Fear, Agony, Sorrow, Rage...

I just couldn’t take this anymore…

My body couldn’t move at all. My tears and trembling were all that were left to comfort me in the most sickening of ways. Nothing but despair was left for me.

I heard a sickening sound of metal cutting sliding through flesh. How I knew this I couldn’t say but following the sound were the sounds of pure agony. Blades were protruding from within the creature’s arms. The blades extended what appeared to be four feet. They were covered in reddish-black fluid. Some kind of blood…

Each creature raised one arm and formed a cross over me and pointed said blade downwards towards my chest.

“Heh… Hahaha… Hahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHA!” I laughed. I knew what was going to happen next and all I could do was laugh and this laughter turned to more tears.

It was the end. The end of my existence.

The four creatures plunged their blade into my chest. I lurched upwards in excruciating pain as I let out a pained moan.

They retracted their blades and left me to die.

I could no longer move. I lacked even the slightest bit of energy to make a sound or even close my eyes.

I could feel my blood pool underneath me as well as the blood that gushed from my mouth and nose unable to breathe any longer.

My vision began to fade to black…

When I could no longer see anything I felt something.

This something was a sharp pain down my spine. This sensation was painful enough for me to regain my vision.

I awoke in a cold sweat in my bed. I was breathing heavily and looked around.

“I-I’m in my room…?” I thought.

It was then that I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach and rushed to the restroom.

Once I finished vomiting I just sat down on the bathroom shivering because of the cold.

Once I regained some of my composure I stood up, washed my hands, and brushed my teeth.

I looked at the mirror and saw my reflection.

All I could see was a tired and lost child ignorant of the world around him and how it works.

I rested my head against my reflection and I felt tears roll down my face…

“Just what the hell am I doing?” I said to myself.

I bumped my head against the mirror one last time and exited my restroom. I grabbed myself a glass of water and gulped it down quickly and I gasped for a bit of air since I drank it one go. I left the glass on the kitchen counter and returned to my room.

I climbed back into bed and lay there staring at the ceiling wondering how the hell my mind came up with such a nightmare.

I lay there for what seemed like hours and slowly my eyelids became heavier. I yawned a bit before finally closing my eyes trying to find a comfortable position to go back to sleep.

I didn’t see anything. Nothing but darkness and then my alarm went off.

11 AM. Time to get up…

-----

>_>

Needs a proofread. Numerous spelling errors, shifting tenses (sometimes you go from present to past in one sentence), misplaced plurals or verbs not properly conjugated, a couple of areas near the beginning where you overuse the word "room" to the point where the repetition becomes distracting, etc.