The Maps of The Divine War

Onmi

I like the map, but it does feel a bit cramped, and the perspective is kinda weird (walls being so much bigger than forts and houses, for example). I get a more "garden" feeling rather than a city/fort one (didn't read everything in this thread, so I'm not sure what you were going for). I'd make the map a bit bigger to spread things out a bit, or remove some things to give it a bit more empty space.

Edited by Krad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the map, but it does feel a bit cramped, and the perspective is kinda weird (walls being so much bigger than forts and houses, for example). I get a more "garden" feeling rather than a city/fort one (didn't read everything in this thread, so I'm not sure what you were going for). I'd make the map a bit bigger to spread things out a bit, or remove some things to give it a bit more empty space.

No no I can see what you mean. What Worde is supposed to be is a City-Fort, more in tune with nautre thn Ostia, like I've mentioned it forms a trade route with the unnamed city dots in the Nabata territory, so it's very culturally rich, lots of archeologists, merchants and mages pass through, hence the city is less "THE IMPENETRABLE SHIELD" and more "The harmony of nature and man" or the closest you'll get to such a place in Lycia. so it's supposed to be much less industialized, much more in tune with nature.

I was thinking about expanding the maps sides (because as it stands it just ends at the walls and that feels claustrophobic)

The other addressed problem (the guard houses) is that I have no idea what there backing is SUPPOSED to be in the tileset, and neither could Mask.

EDIT: Just additionally, Sacae is more Mongolia and the Sacae tribes mongolians than Japanese, with the exception of Karel + Relatives.

Edited by Onmi