FE5, Mission 19. All of my hate.

First of all, hi, I'm back I guess. College can eat time. That's why I poofed.

Second, and as a kind of disclaimer: I do not dislike FE5. I've been meaning to play it for a while and I'm very, very happy with how I've done so far, even though I've been noobing it up something fierce. The game is fun. It's just...frustrating. Very frustrating. This is not necessarily a cry for help; it's just a vent.

Okay. Got that out of the way.

I just spent a long, long, long time in Chapter 18 working to match up all the Lenster knights with their families (in a bloody narrow hallway), and I was good about Warping and Rescuing Pahn every which-way to nab treasure before the thieves did. Unfortunately, a lot of the work was done by my dedicated infantry units (Othin, Homeros, Othin, Tanya, Othin, Safy, Lara, and Othin) and they got all tuckered out, and I don't know why my Stamina Drinks evaporated so quickly before this point, but they did and I'm out a Rewarp user and three dodgetanks for a map.

So now I'm on Chapter 19, and the game wants me to deploy 18-odd units. So what the hell, I said - I deployed some that I don't use often. Among those are Makua, Sleuf (to get Amalda, if only for the sword), Linoan, Brighton, Hicks, Olwen (okay, take it easy, I know what a blasphemer I am) and Glade, all of whom are either underleveled, not promoted, or both.

And then I have civvies to babysit. :|

So yeah, I'm a bit frustrated with FE5 right now. :)

You could pass on that Knight Proof and not bother with the civilians. Another thing you could do is simply switch the "forced deployed people I don't give a shit about" in order to alter the deploy placement so you end up with more able units below.

After that, just run and drag everything to the escape point... or stick around and fight the massive reinforcement numbers for a long time resulting in ridiculously long enemy phases if you decide to escape some time after the reinforcements have been coming in.

Edited by Sirius

Anything giving you trouble in particular?

Well, YOU racked up 53 fatigue in Chapter 18.

Love your work, though. :)

Seriously though, a fair chunk of my main force is too tired to be deployed for this mission. The way I've done it thus far has been like this: I alternate a main infantry team for indoor/forest maps, headed by Marita, Homeros, and Othin, and a main cavalry team for outdoor maps, headed by Fergus, Carrion, Fin, and Nanna. But as the amount of characters to deploy has gone up, these two groups have sort of blended together, and I'm deploying members of both squads often. This, paired with the fact that all my weapons are wearing out and I'm running out of money, is really starting to make deployment a problem for me.

You could pass on that Knight Proof and not bother with the civilians. Another thing you could do is simply switch the "forced deployed people I don't give a shit about" in order to alter the deploy placement so you end up with more able units below.

After that, just run and drag everything to the escape point... or stick around and fight the massive reinforcement numbers for a long time resulting in ridiculously long enemy phases if you decide to escape some time after the reinforcements have been coming in.

I considered that. I do have four fliers, so I could force them into the bottom group; alternatively I could just put my strongest people there to wall off Conomore.

I'm on the fence at this point as to whether I should even bother recruiting Amalda. Sleuf is the same level he was when I got him, and even though he can use Rewarp he'd be mulched if he went anywhere near her. Ditto the villages on this map - are they even worth my time?

As for the Knight Proof, I really, really want it. Karin is level 20 and itching to promote, and Safy is still a Priest. I need to boost at least one of them.

I'm on the fence at this point as to whether I should even bother recruiting Amalda. Sleuf is the same level he was when I got him, and even though he can use Rewarp he'd be mulched if he went anywhere near her. Ditto the villages on this map - are they even worth my time?

As for the Knight Proof, I really, really want it. Karin is level 20 and itching to promote, and Safy is still a Priest. I need to boost at least one of them.

Sleuf has 3 movement stars, which equals 15% move again. Save state, Rewarp, load state if he's not removing, go in the character menu, try again. If he can move again, Amalda can rescue him and run away with 10 movement while her subordinates act as bait. Very good bait even, considering some of them have Prayer, which may prevent them from dying.

Try to have mounties in the bottom group. You really don't need to fight much in this map unless you really want experience/weapons. The villages aren't mandatory, so feel free to ignore. Just in case you may which to know which village gives what : http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe5/guia/cap19.htm

Considering the promotion issue, I'd promote Karin. If Saphy has A staves she should be completely fine. Same for Sleuf. If you find their magic a bit low, I'd consider giving them Holy Water or have someone else cast M Up on them.

Similarly, a neat trick you can do with Amalda (and Nanna too) is to have her equip the Fire Sword, which gives her +5 magic. A special floor lategame will also boost magic by 10 if you stand on it.

Good luck!

Edited by Dio

Deploy mounted units down below, and have them carry the NPCs to the exit. Everyone else just walks back to base at their own pace.