I want to try some weird pairings and children reclassing...

Renall

Just for fun, I was thinking about this. There's a lot of hilarious options that aren't as good as they could be, simply because it's not really possible to use some things that a father would hand down. Well, screw it, let's fix that manually and shake things up.

This isn't a hacking question as such; I know how to do all of this already. I'm mostly only brainstorming this as a start for what might make for an interesting run where classes are somewhat tailored to the father's influence, but it might be neat to see...

Aideen x Jamka

Reverse inheritance; Lana becomes a Sniper, Lester becomes a Mage/Magefighter. BEWARE LANA. Lester's lack of Pursuit might suck.

Aira x Fin

Lakche becomes a Thief/Thief Fighter, Skasaher becomes a Lance Knight/Paladin. Surprise! Still technically swordtwins once he promotes.

Lachesis x Azel

Delmud becomes a General/Baron, Nanna a Dancer. This is the best idea ever.

Sylvia x Lex

Leen is a Troubador/Paladin, Corple is an Axe Knight/Great Knight. Maybe prepromote Corple and bump him up a little, though he'll have Elite.

Fury x Noish

Fee is a Dragon Knight/Dragon Master, Sety is a Forrest.

Briggid x Levin

Retain reverse-inheritance, Faval becomes an Arch Knight/Bow Knight, reclass Patty to Bard/Sage. Obvious why for Patty; Faval will be... strange, and probably bad.

Tiltyu x Claude

Reverse inheritance, Arthur reclassed to Bishop, Tinny becomes a High Priest/Queen. May give Claude Pursuit just to make this more fun.

Additionally, for the fixed characters...

Reclass Oifaye to Mage Knight.

Reclass Altenna to Falcon Knight.

Reclass Aless to Free Knight.

Reclass Hannibal to Master Knight (he stinks anyway, throw the poor man a bone).

Any other thoughts or suggestions? I've not considered adjusting any growths; honestly only Leen could really use some tweaking, at least that I can see. Delmud and Nanna rather own with Azel's growth spread and these classes, actually. Also I guess Patty would be using a male sprite until she promotes. Oifaye also might need some adjustment, given how STR-stacked he is, although the notion of a Mage Knight that sucks at using magic does amuse me.

Well, it'd be worth trying. Maybe make her a Bard and give her a 495+0 love growth with some guy to see if it works. Or just use her normally as one and see if her love changes.

Also, I just realised that bringing up the Prayer Sword was pointless so it's just a matter of Love options and avoiding genderbending.

Why not have Patty as a mage? That C in Light isn't going to come in handy at all! Plus, the game gets grumpy if you don't have the right animations. That Corple's going to be hilarious. Maybe you could make Shanan a Magefighter? That could prove interesting.

Edited by Dokutayuu

Why not have Patty as a mage? That C in Light isn't going to come in handy at all! Plus, the game gets grumpy if you don't have the right animations. That Corple's going to be hilarious. Maybe you could make Shanan a Magefighter? That could prove interesting.

Is there a female Mage sprite? I honestly can't remember. Tiltyu is a Thunder Mage and has a female sprite.

Also Bard Patty is pretty awesome if only because she and Levin both have silly hats.

I'm open to suggestions on Shanan and maybe even Fin, for sure, but Shanan would need to still have access to Balmung. Not that Magefighter Shanan wouldn't.

EDIT: I could also make Lester a Priest/High Priest, but then he's a staffbot with 60% STR and nothing to ever do with it. Male Magefighters don't get Staves unfortunately. :(

Edited by Renall

It's called "Tinny". She's of the diverse Mage type as well as Azel/Arthur.

Well, that's easy then, just make Patty a mage. Queen Tinny won't be using her own sprite, after all.

EDIT: Am I correct in that there's no female Bow Fighter, so Lana will have to start as a Sniper Briggid-style?

Edited by Renall

Interesting. I wonder if the animations all work correctly for a Lana Bow Fighter. It'd be easier to start her unpromoted.

They certainly would, it's a fully functional animation. I borrowed it when I gave thieves bows.