Which video game would you most like to see LP'ed in an efficient run through?

FionordeQuester

I'm wondering because I figured since I spend so much time not only playing video games, but figuring out the best and fastest ways of beating them, to make Let's Plays doing specifically that. Now, of course, I'm doing some games that most people probably aren't going to watch such as Dragon Warrior 1 and Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, but, those aren't getting much in the way of attention as far as I can tell.

I do this mainly because I want to entertain people, whether it's through humor or simply skillful play, so, what would you guys wish to see? Keep in mind that I play mostly RPG's, so aside from games like the Mega Man series, I probably won't be too well-versed in games outside of that section. In regards to RPG's however, I've spent a lot of time playing these games...

Baldur's Gate

Diablo 1 and 2

Dragon Warrior 1-4 and 8 (and a little bit of experience with 6)

Final Fantasy 1-2, 4, 6-8

Kingdom Hearts

The 7th Saga

Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories, Reshef of Destruction, and Duelist of the Roses

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Every Fire Emblem game except Thracia 776

Paper Mario and it's sequel, The Thousand Year Door

Pokemon Colosseum (technically, I've also played a lot of the others, but I personally find most of the others really boring)

So, whaddaya think?

Edited by FionordeQuester

I'm not that into watching LP's, I'm more of a "let's play it myself" kind of guy.

though now that I think about it, with "tactics ogre; knights of Lodis" I got stuck at the final chapter, I'd like to see how to win that one.

The Old Republic

Baldur's Gate would be nice, voting simultaneously that and double threat Diablo with Integrity. If neither of those situations arises, I've heard interesting things about Duelist of the Roses.

Edited by Rehab

If you like Dragon Quest, you should try a run with Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart. It's not too long, but it also has several factors of planning in it, if you're going to try a low-level run. You could also try the Romancing SaGa games--the key, I would suggest, is to find an RPG in which you can effectively manipulate elemental damages to your advantage, as they are a bit more entertaining to see. Most of the final fantasies have been ground into the earth, so I wouldn't suggest those. At first though, I though maybe Parasite Eve, but you may not have the computer for it.

Actually, how about Tactics Ogre? There's one on the SNES/PSX (same game basically) and a spiritual sequel on the GBA (Knight of Lodis). You might enjoy those.

I see. I'll be sure to try those games sometime Celice, except maybe Parasite Eve. In any case, I'm suddenly not too sure about Diablo II, as I've suddenly remembered that most of my experience with that game has been from playing a Barbarian, which is my favorite class, but also probably not too efficient compared to the Sorceress, so I'll probably want some more practice with that before trying to run through the game efficiently.

Baldur's Gate I'm pretty confident about though. If you guys did watch that, which would you want to see? A 100% run with every quest done as fast as I can, or a regular old speed run like you might see on SpeedDemosArchive (minus the glitching of course)? To be honest, I'm hoping you'll choose the 100% run, given that I'm much more interested in that, but, I want to be open to whatever you guys wish.

Forbidden Memories would be nice, I wasn't aware that there was any way to play that game with any degree of efficiency.

THERE ISN'T.

Believe me. I tried.

I would like to suggest Amnesia:The Dark Descent

I agree with the fellow above me.

Okey doke then. Now, up until now, my definition of "100%" has been to simply complete all quests, which I define as anything listed on this site...

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar3600.htm

That gives you experience. For example, killing Ba'ruk at the Archaeological Site counts as a quest, while raiding the house at High Hedge doesn't. Does that sound like a good definition to you guys? Also note that I also wish to make this a canon party playthrough, with Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, and Dynaheir being recruited (though not necessarily in that order...). This also means I won't be making the main character an Elf, despite that technically being the best class due to it's higher Dexterity. Nope, since the main character's brother is a human, I'm going to make him a Half-Elf so that I can get all of the same STATS that a human would have, while still being able to multi-class as a Fighter/Mage. This is because not only is that class, in my opinion, the best class to make the PC, but also is the one that makes the most sense for the PC to be. After all, seeing as how the main character has been trained by both magicians and soldiers, it doesn't make any sense to me that he wouldn't be knowledgeable in both forms of combat.

Also, I will be saving and reloading to learn spells, but I WON'T be doing anything that I consider cheap or nonsensical, like killing Firebead or any other magician by entering and exiting an area just as they cast spells.

That all was my plan at least. Does that sound good?

Edited by FionordeQuester

100% run . I'm overdosed on ssohpkc 's Lets plays . He plays games with a kind of nihilism I've never seen before >.> . A 100% run would be refreshing.

you should check out raocow then. load's more refreshing than ssohpkc, and he prefers to 100% when possible. He's running a Yoshi's Island hack right now.