Blue Knight

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following the last few episodes this whole week. It (like hika said) is one of the few decent non anime shows. I like it. Cant wait for the 2 hour finale on saturday.

Like what Lyle and Hika said, it is one of the few decent non-anime shows. When I think about it, it almost feels unreal.

WARNING: This may be a long read....

Fandom: The show has a large amount of fans in every age range. I should know, because I used to be a member of an Avatar forum. I was expecting kids and teens only in the forums, but I was surprised to meet so many members in their 20s and 30s. Heck, some of the users had kids that they watched it with.

Inspiration: The creators were into anime, apprently. They were inspired by Samurai Champloo, FLCL, and Cowboy Bebop. They were also influenced by Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of The Rings.

Awards: The show has won at least 8 awards and has been nominated for at least 12 awards. Voted best cartoon on tv.com.

Other: The creators also studied with martial arts masters(yes, they're asain) to know first-hand how to do the fighting scenes.

Voice actors: The voice actor for the main antagonist is the guy who played the part of Luke Skywalker in the orginal Star Wars trilogy!

Another of their voice actors is Jason Isaacs, who played Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies.

Another won of their voice actors was the Clancy Brown(look him up).

The show has made its way to other countries like Canada and Asia.

A live-action movie trilogy is being made about this by M. Night Shyamalan. Although this is actually something that scares most fans because they're afraid of how it will turn out....

There's probably more....I'm too lazy to type it all up....

Edited by Fireman

Like what Lyle and Hika said, it is one of the few decent non-anime shows. When I think about it, it almost feels unreal.

Fandom: The show has a large amount of fans in every age range. I should know, because I used to be a member of an Avatar forum. I was expecting kids and teens only in the forums, but I was surprised to meet so many members in their 20s and 30s. Heck, some of the users had kids that they watched it with.

Inspiration: The creators were into anime, apprently. They were inspired by Samurai Champloo, FLCL, and Cowboy Bebop. They were also influenced by Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of The Rings.

Awards: The show has won at least 8 awards and has been nominated for at least 12 awards. Voted best cartoon on tv.com.

Other: The creators also studied with martial arts masters(yes, they're asain) to know first-hand how to do the fighting scenes.

Voice actors: The voice actor for the main antagonist is the guy who played the part of Luke Skywalker in the orginal Star Wars trilogy!

Another of their voice actors is Jason Isaacs, who played Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies.

A live-action movie trilogy is being made about this by M. Night Shyamalan. Although this is actually something that scares most fans because they're afraid of how it will turn out....

Never heard about the live action trilogy.......but how will earth and water bending work? They can pull off Fire and air but....water and earth?

Never heard about the live action trilogy.......but how will earth and water bending work? They can pull off Fire and air but....water and earth?

Someone I knew once said the same thing....

Anyway, I guess Cinema will have to work its magic on that one. *coughCGIeffectscough*

I'm so awesome, I don't need to post and my opinion is heard.

I would have liked to watch the series, but I'm haven't gotten around to it. My sister is getting the DVDs So I can just wait for that.

Sorry.

I'm so awesome, I don't need to post and my opinion is heard.

I would have liked to watch the series, but I'm haven't gotten around to it. My sister is getting the DVDs So I can just wait for that.

Sorry.

Well this past week nicktoons has been showing every episode so I watched the ones I missed (but stupid work interferes)

I don't plan on seeing the live-action movies. All I hope it doesn't become something like The Happening or "I see dead people". I'm not criticizing, just saying....

Edited by Fireman

I....I'm not the only one here who watches it?

I'm amazed. But yes, like several people have said, it's one of the very very few good non-anime shows.

Used to watch the show, but I find it really boring to watch now. Don't think I'll be watching the finale (still wishes it was October)

Vampire Knight, yes? Read the manga while you wait. XD

I've been following the last few episodes this whole week. It (like hika said) is one of the few decent non anime shows. I like it. Cant wait for the 2 hour finale on saturday.

Me toooo! I mean, I've already come across some spoilers for the final, but not nearly enough to keep me satisfied. D:

@Fireman: I didn't want to quote you, as it would just make the page ever longer, but I know what you mean about the fandom. Most Avatar fans I've met are in the 18+ range. LOL.

But the Kataang vs. Zutara ship wars are absolutely crazy. Actually, whenever it comes to ships in the avatar fandom, it's insane. I stay away from it. Even though I secretly ship Zutara don't make fun of me :(

Songbird, you're a Zutaran, right? I'm a Zutaran too! High five!

Good thing, cuz I have been forced to swear an oath to kill Kataangers. jk(or am I?)

However, we did have some massive shipping wars back in the forums.....

Edited by Fireman

Hm....how long is it? I might consider watching it.

There are three season, each with approximately 20 episodes. I reccomend it, even though it's kiddish sometimes.

But I'll tell you now, the fandom is far from kiddish. It's full of lols, anyway. XD

Songbird, you're a Zutaran, right? I'm a Zutaran too! High five!

Good thing, cuz I have been forced to swear an oath to kill Kataangers. jk(or am I?)

However, we did have some massive shipping wars back in the forums.....

YES! ANOTHER ZUTARAN! *HIGH FIVE*

Did you see todays episode? (The Southern Raiders.) If not, I have a link.

It was so full of Zutara is was awesome.

And I've yet to join an avatar community, but I can already imagine through all the lurking I do how horrible the shipwar must have been. LOL.

There are three season, each with approximately 20 episodes. I reccomend it, even though it's kiddish sometimes.

But I'll tell you now, the fandom is far from kiddish. It's full of lols, anyway. XD

YES! ANOTHER ZUTARAN! *HIGH FIVE*

Did you see todays episode? (The Southern Raiders.) If not, I have a link.

It was so full of Zutara is was awesome.

And I've yet to join an avatar community, but I can already imagine through all the lurking I do how horrible the shipwar must have been. LOL.

I know!

With Zuko doing everything that was in Kataara's interest and the hug! Still...I can't help but feel as though Kataang will win....

On a sidenote, I think Sokka's swords is as good as a metal stick. As great as Avatar is, it's limited to a kid's show. The tv ratings won't let Sokka actually cut anyone...Not on screen anyway....

Edited by Fireman

I know!

With Zuko doing everything that was in Kataara's interest and the hug! Still...I can't help but feel as though Kataang will win....

On a sidenote, I think Sokka's swords is as good as a metal stick. As great as Avatar is, it's limited to a kid's show. The tv ratings won't let Sokka actually cut anyone...Not on screen anyway....

I also loved how he saves her from the falling rocks. That was one of the most suggestive things I've seen on the show. Well, that and Sokka messing around with Suki late at night. Also in this episode. Bryke wasn't lying when they said this was the most mature episode of the show. LOL

And I know what you mean. At least his boomerang was for comic relief...

Edited by Songbird

I also loved how he saves her from the falling rocks. That was one of the most suggestive things I've seen on the show. Well, that and Sokka messing around with Suki late at night. Also in this episode. Bryke wasn't lying when they said this was the most mature episode of the show. LOL

And I know what you mean. At least his boomerang was for comic relief...

I know. When she said "You can get off me now." I was like...Zuko is thinking some dirty thoughts right now....But not as dirty as what Sokka and Suki are doing in the tent...

They're underaged!

But his boomerang serves some long-range purposes. Plus, it did indirectly kill "Combustion Man". :D

Sokka's pose in his tent waiting for Suki...........was scaring.........*plans to use this on princess*

Y'know....Sokka and Suki reminds me a lot of Masu and Princess for some reason....Especially that tent scene