I didn't know I can use Fox

Junkhead

The other day I invited a friend I met through FB thanks to Brawl home. We've played it for like three hours, and I couldn't even beat his MK with my Bowser or Yoshi (which I usually would before that). But then out of boredom I used Fox, Falco, C. Falcon and Kirby and beat him really well. I even 2-stocked him with my Fox in one of those. We were both surprised, and not even I could believe it. Like, wat. I rarely ever use Fox. I understand beating him with Falco, since I use him more often, but FOX? ME? It's a really good counter against him, I see. He didn't beat my Fox yet, even though Fox is just a "just for the lulz" character for me.

It was a strange day to Brawl for me in general. We both agreed that I was playing bad that day.

Oh yeah, he two Falcon Punches in a row costed him two stocks.

Fox is sorta like... the best character in a one on one match, bro. Literally, the best. You have to be a complete noob or try hard to not win with fox. After fox, my favorite character is definitely Roy, though he's not in SSBB >.>'

Fox is sorta like... the best character in a one on one match, bro. Literally, the best. You have to be a complete noob or try hard to not win with fox. After fox, my favorite character is definitely Roy, though he's not in SSBB >.>'

*Brofist*

Those were the two characters I used in Melee. In brawl Fox doesn't seem to be as good to me at least, but he's definitely serviceable (even without the final smash, though if you play competitive you normally don't use items anyway). I use Ike too, but for some reason I can never beat Captain Falcon with him. I tried Marth but I guess he's not my style because I just suck with him.

*Brofist*

Those were the two characters I used in Melee. In brawl Fox doesn't seem to be as good to me at least, but he's definitely serviceable (even without the final smash, though if you play competitive you normally don't use items anyway). I use Ike too, but for some reason I can never beat Captain Falcon with him. I tried Marth but I guess he's not my style because I just suck with him.

I really hate the changes made to Captain Falcon after SSB1. See, in that game, I always set the damage to 200% and played on the Corneia stage as captain falcon. What was fucking hilarious was when I took on a team of all three of my younger cousins (12, 14, and 15) and whenever they got close, I had this awesome instant reflex where I could dash forward from the left edge of the ship, grab them, and reverse kick them, all three of them, in a 3 second span of time. They would fly off the left side of the screen and get wtf-owned. However, the grab mechanics changed drastically in SSBM so my favorite move was pretty much ruined. It was all kinda slowed down, and honestly PO'd me a little.

Anyway, Marth sucks. Roy's fire attacks are awesome as fuck, and while dealing slightly less damage on average per attack, I get to wear golden fucking armor. That's the reason right there to pick Roy. And what do ya get with Marth? Black and White. Pfffft fuck that shit.

BUT NOBODY CAN BEAT MARTH'S TIPPERS AND MAD SPACING SKILLZ

NOBODY

Seems like you guys don't play competetively lalala

Soul, Fox is cheaper if you can't SDI. Maybe the other guy sucked and you don't.

Edited by カルル

He does kind of suck. He is probably decent with MK and ONLY MK. Then again, I have diffiulty approaching when you use Up-B FIVE TIMES IN A ROW, so yeah.

Fox's Air to grab is my best tool against him. >_> When it's time to kill, grab release to Up-Smash is amazing. It kills MK at 75~%, 80% with DI.

Edited by The Berserker

カルル, the last time I checked in on Melee a while ago it seemed as though the popular verdict was that spacies were generally winning everything and that Marth players were having too hard a time with Sheik to achieve the same dominance M2K did once upon a decade. Have the winds shifted?

Soul, beware your Fox doesn't get too cocky as an anti-MK; if the winds haven't blown significantly in Fox's favor since I last had my nose in the game, MK can make himself a significant pain in the ass by using his big ole hitboxes and avoiding killing blows.

Fox was the first character I used in Brawl and my long-time favorite in Melee. I'm not going to tell anybody DON'T USE FOX but man, it ain't all ceiling kills and rainbows.

Edited by Rehab

I didn't know you would know about Brawl, Rehab. But ok, I understand. I don't trust Fox as my "Anti MK". He's just a character I picked up against that person.

Bowser is my MK Slayer, to be honest.

Yeah, we had a couple tournaments like back in 2008 and 9, when a bit more people played around here, and I spent the summer the game came out playing online way too much.

"カルル, the last time I checked in on Melee a while ago it seemed as though the popular verdict was that spacies were generally winning everything and that Marth players were having too hard a time with Sheik"

1) I'm talking about Brawl

2) Wolf sucks against anyone not named MK, and is poor against MK

3) Fox is cool but dies to randomchu and Marth and Falco and Diddy

4) Marth is a beast in Brawl

5) I think that when played properly Marth is the single best character in the game - this is partly subjective and I'm by no means good enough of a player to play that well, but the attack data speaks for itself. Marth pretty much either comes even (and that only against MK and Diddy) or has a response to just about any approach style from the other characters. His only weakness is getting outranged by characters with large attack ranges or an array of safe options hard to deal with. The upside to Marth is that these characters often also have large hurtboxes, can't deal with an aggressive Marth or get comboed by various grabgames and/or traps due to their attributes. This results in even the matchups where Marth has difficulties spacing, being neutral at worst. Diddy and MK, as I said, are pretty much the only very difficult matchups which are hard to take care of with just careful spacing and various gimmicks. Unlike Diddy, though, Marth is very usable on all stages and has an array of counterpicks himself. And MK is mostly banned in tournament use anyway (in Finland and parts of US).

yes I just wrote a text wall about spacing and Marth's awesomeness in Brawl

Edited by カルル