Apocalypse in FE7

Brendor

Well, read Blazer's chapter on custom spell animations. You can find the frames... Somewhere on FE Planet or some other resource site like that.

127 different frames if you screenshot the symbol movements. And that's just the symbol movements, that doesn't include the huge thing.

And using the Custom Spell animation creator in FEditor would probably screw Apocalypse up, considering how it already gets screwed up by complicated frames from Aircalibur.

Only way you're getting it in there the same way is to get the graphics and using ASM.

127 different frames if you screenshot the symbol movements. And that's just the symbol movements, that doesn't include the huge thing.

And using the Custom Spell animation creator in FEditor would probably screw Apocalypse up, considering how it already gets screwed up by complicated frames from Aircalibur.

Only way you're getting it in there the same way is to get the graphics and using ASM.

NO! Please anything but ASM! Shadow, you're like a hacking god; are you sure that's the only way?

NO! Please anything but ASM! Shadow, you're like a hacking god; are you sure that's the only way?

1. No, I am not anywhere near that good of a programmer to be considered a hacking ANYTHING. I just use crap people have already taught me how to do.

2. Spells are raw ASM, so yes, I'm sure. The other alternative would be Xeld's Custom Spell Animation Creator, but again, that has bugs when it comes to switching sheets during the animation.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1. No, I am not anywhere near that good of a programmer to be considered a hacking ANYTHING. I just use crap people have already taught me how to do.

2. Spells are raw ASM, so yes, I'm sure. The other alternative would be Xeld's Custom Spell Animation Creator, but again, that has bugs when it comes to switching sheets during the animation.

Don't be so modest tongue.gif and what exactly do I have to do with this?

Hmm...

Hmmmmmm....

HMMMMMMMMMM...

Now I'm probably sticking my foot in my mouth again, as I do so many times. but since the engines are so darn similar, couldn't you just track the ASM of Apocalypse in FE6, and then copy it into FE7/8, and then repoint it?

Now I'm probably sticking my foot in my mouth again, as I do so many times. but since the engines are so darn similar, couldn't you just track the ASM of Apocalypse in FE6, and then copy it into FE7/8, and then repoint it?

From what I remember from Rey trying it, there are just such a vast amount of pointers he gave up.

Yeah I looked at it Chapter 59 and it involves Feditor which Rey just advised against. Dollar.

You asked how to do it

You don't know ASM

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT

without ASM

You can't just learn ASM for a spell. If you want to do the ASM go learn ASM in general first.

You asked how to do it

You don't know ASM

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT

without ASM

You can't just learn ASM for a spell. If you want to do the ASM go learn ASM in general first.

I thought it could be done without ASM , I only just found out thanks to Rey

Oh ffs. You can do it with ASM, or with FEditor. Only two options. ASM takes forever (so does FEditor) and you have to either learn ASM or put up with FEditor's buggy spells. Just take Ereshkigal or Gespenst, rename it Apocalypse, and change the weapon icon. It's just not worth it to actually replace the spell animation. Plus no one likes Apocalypse's animation anyway due to it being so long

Edited by Jubby

it's interesting to watch but in gameplay it just takes too long :/ I thought about it for a while too when I was thinking of doing an Elibe hack, but just too much work man (specially just for a spell)

From what I remember from Rey trying it, there are just such a vast amount of pointers he gave up.

You don't know the HALF of it.

That's just the Apocalypse "graphics display" routine.

That thing is so dependent on OTHER functions that you'll have to repoint the whole of the "bl" addresses. Eff that.