Site update 4.2

Serra had her own overworld sprite as well.

technically so did a few in Gaiden

I wouldn't use the past to limit the future. It can be a good indication, but that doesn't mean that, if IS didn't do it often, that IS wouldn't have done it now.

Sariya has a different map sprite in her non-promoted and promoted classes and IS rarely makes custom map sprites (the last one I can recall is Merric's Sage sprite in FE3).

In Thracia, isn't Asvel's Mage map sprite significantly different from that of enemy Mages? I distinctly remember this being so because I was a little puzzled as to why it was a thing, and I've been meaning to take a cursory look and see if it's the case with any other characters. Not that it matters all that much for the purpose of this.

Edited by Rhinocerocket

In Thracia, isn't Asvel's Mage map sprite significantly different from that of enemy Mages? I distinctly remember this being so because I was a little puzzled as to why it was a thing, and I've been meaning to take a cursory look and see if it's the case with any other characters. Not that it matters all that much for the purpose of this.

There's different sprites. I'm pretty sure Asvel's referred as Wind Mage M while the generic enemy Mage is a Thunder Mage M. Even Salem is actually a Fire Mage M.

Map sprites and classes can be two very different things in FE5. I can have a Paladin have a General sprite for instance.