Bootleg Fire Emblem - The Reincarnation of Light and Dark

Jediabiwan

Not sure how many people know about this but I might as well post it anyways.

I was randomly browsing through google images the other day and came across these photos: http://fuji.drillspirits.net/pix/gb-unl/Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Reincarnation%20of%20Light%20and%20Dark%20(Sheng%20Huo%20Jiang%20Mo%20Lu%20-%20Guang%20Yu%20An%20De%20Lun%20Hui)%20(Box%20Contents).jpg, and http://fuji.drillspirits.net/pix/gb-unl/Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Reincarnation%20of%20Light%20and%20Dark%20(Sheng%20Huo%20Jiang%20Mo%20Lu%20-%20Guang%20Yu%20An%20De%20Lun%20Hui)%20(Box%20Back).jpg

I looked it up and it turns out it was a bootleg fire emblem made by SKOB for the gameboy color. I also found a youtube video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu0fsJgwDqY. The comments on that video gives instructions on how to go about getting the game if you want to.

I've played through the first few chapters and its decently fun. It uses sprites from FE2 for the map and battles, and re-colors of FE4 portraits. I was amazed how much of a difference color backgrounds make to the battles. That, plus the addition of actual numbers instead of bars makes them looks much better. It also uses a weapons system very similar to FE2. I don't think weapons run out and you can equip shields. One of the big differences is you can only double by using "skills" or something like that. These skills use up SP and also have other effects but I can't quite figure out what they are.

Anyways, here are a few screenshots and my interpretation of the menus, I don't know any Chinese so they're just guesses based on what they do. Any actual translations would be great.

f3s42a.png

Top-Bottom: Unit, File Data??, Save File, Load File, End

34rd7ch.png

Top-Bottom. Left: Str, Def, Res, Acc?, Dodge?. Right: Attack(Might + Str), Defense, Hit(Accx3 + Wep Acc), Avoid (Dodgex2)

Edit: One very interesting feature I forgot, you get to choose which four stats to increase each time you level up.

2urlc0o.png

Top-Bottom:Attack, Skill?, Item, Status, ???, Interact (Seize, Visit), Wait

35kodox.pngnva5c3.png

Edited by Jediabiwan

Is the campaign original or what?

The technological affinity of the bootlegers creators amazes me, though sadly most of "how do you make something that horrible" instead of "how do you make something like that on THAT old hardware".

Edited by deuxhero

Is the campaign original or what?

The technological affinity of the bootlegers creators amazes me, though sadly most of "how do you make something that horrible" instead of "how do you make something like that on THAT old hardware".

The first map is pretty similar to the first one of FE1/FE11 but most of the others seem original to me. Unless they are from gaiden, I never got all that far in that game. I obviously have no idea about the plot.

Someone posted translations of skills and stuff, you'll have to find the original thread for them :/

Personally, I was always more interested in the cell-phone Fire Emblems... even though I haven't been able to find them since the first time >_<

Someone posted translations of skills and stuff, you'll have to find the original thread for them :/

Personally, I was always more interested in the cell-phone Fire Emblems... even though I haven't been able to find them since the first time >_<

What? Cell-phone fire emblems? Sweet!!! I'll have to see if I can find anything on them. Yeah, translations for the skills would be very helpful, but I've searched for quite awhile on google and haven't been able to find anything. Thanks for the info.

Edit: A quick search for cellphone fire emblem came up with this: http://dibosmobile.blogspot.com/2009/04/fire-emblem-invasion-ml-s60v3-j2me-ru.html No idea if that's what you're talking about. I'll keep looking...

Edited by Jediabiwan

No, it was some Chinese game or something. VincentASM has updated me now and then about the game (it's a series now I guess?) but I always forget what he says ^^;; It was a really hard-core Fire Emblem kind of game, though. More like Fire Emblem than this thread's game was :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the game seemed fairly original too. It just lifted graphics and music mostly. Not that the story was any good (I wouldn't know), but you don't replay any levels from other games, at least.

EDIT2: I should clarify that this first edit is talking about THIS pirate game in particular, not the cell-phone one ^_^

Edited by Celice

No, it was some Chinese game or something. VincentASM has updated me now and then about the game (it's a series now I guess?) but I always forget what he says ^^;; It was a really hard-core Fire Emblem kind of game, though. More like Fire Emblem than this thread's game was :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the game seemed fairly original too. It just lifted graphics and music mostly. Not that the story was any good (I wouldn't know), but you don't replay any levels from other games, at least.

Awesome, well if you can find out anything about it let me know. I'll PM Vincent about it, hopefully he still remembers.