DotA 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12-2 alliance could still possibly lose 1st seed to a 12-2 from navi (impossible to throw 3 games with 2 games left). i think they'd have to play extra games or compare to seed below. group A is more contested when it comes to comparing lower seeds as well imo.

a fun fact: the last team that went undefeated in prelims in ti2 got dropped to losers bracket by the runner ups and then lost to the eventual champs IN losers bracket. lol this is why me and my friends say prelims dont mean shit. but it's nice to see a mass of games where pros get tested. i watched ig and navi all day, and definitely saw a breakdown from zhou & chuan, while the entire navi team is literally playing out of their minds going hard 24/7 after dropping their first two to fnatic (their semi-kryptonite).

if you had dendi on your fantasy squad compendium, you're doing pretty well, he had a day 1 record 30 ftp across ALL players and looks like he'll keep it up throughout opa dendi style. navi didnt even bootcamp last year and they came in 2nd. this year they made major improvements to the roster + bootcamp and they're doing work. alliance is also stacked to hell with skill. s4 just doesn't lose his lane if it's within his control, i've been watching him stomp pubs solo 1v5 since before the team was made. combine that with loda and akke..ohlord.

my hopeful finals match would be alliance vs navi but it would mean navi fighting their way back up through lower bracket. they have 3 matchups they win for sure there though, namely MUFC + american teams (jokes)

the main event doesnt follow the prelim organization. it's a vertical format instead of horizontal, due to the winner of loser bracket being able to go to the grand finals.

you could horizontally align the losers bracket vs winners bracket, but even then, each team gets their own seed in either / both winner or loser bracket determined by prelims w/L. it basically combines the top and bottom 4 from each group into two new formats that require their own seeding vs rest of main event. i.e. 1/8 or 1/16 overall. group A doesnt just play group A, group B doesnt just play group B anymore etc.

gotta put them all together in the main event, all 16 teams have a chance of aegis. you're still definitely right that each prelim group leader has an uninterferable clinch power in terms of being able to choose their opponent though

Edited by black op: skyfang

you're still definitely right that each prelim group leader has an uninterferable clinch power in terms of being able to choose their opponent though

this is the only thing I was talking about -_-

it definitely was the best grand finals i could have asked for. me and my friends were going wild every game with the spectacular plays almost losing our voices lol.

s4 outclutched dendi somehow and put the entire alliance team on his back simply playing like a god all around. great captain, great solo, and most importantly: dat $1.5 million dollar dream coil

Woohoo! This might be quite late, but congratulations to Alliance for winning The International 3! Their last game against Na'vi was really intense and the very best of grand final matches. Na'vi have the upper hand on item since Dendi's TA usually safe from EGM+Loda Gank (Xboct GPM suffered hard from this), and that makes him so fat. Any teamfight in late game would be instant win for Na'vi. But Alliance played really smart. After the failled at Roshan, they split push the bottom and top lane with Bulldog and Loda+EGM. Na'vi try to race the clock, but the thing is that Dendi make such noobish mistake by not bringing TP(Dendi, do you even carry?). Xboct alone wouldn't be able to stop Loda+EGM so in the end, Na'vi pay one rax for two rax of theirs. Things getting very bad here considering their hero are not very best to counter split-push and Alliance hero have global presence to continue split-push whenever they see the chance to do so. And yes, S4 play was really great late game. Not the first Dreamcoil, that just cancelled Puppey's TP but the second one who cancelled 0.0 channeling TP and forced him walk to base on foot from Radiance forest. Aliiance clearly not playing dirty. They playing smart because they know straight up teamfight would a certain lose for them. A really great game and play from both. I'm glad the one who matched for the 1st position are teams with agressive playstyle instead of rice farming.