Chapter 5, my plan.

Okay, I want to go on record saying that I HATE Fog of War.

Anyways, my plan is to have Seth ride up to the boss and take him on alone, cutting down anyone foolish enough to get in his way. Everyone else will stand in a circle, magic users giving support and healing in the center, and just survive (I may pull out Gilliam for this). I haven't decided if Vanessa will go to the mountains and buy me extra time.

It sounds kind if cheap, but it's better than taking it on the normal way. And with the spiders, speed is of the essence. I just hope my soldiers can survive long enough for Seth to make it.

Sethsolo is the easiest way on this chapter, no joke

give him a few javelins and very importantly, an Iron Sword (this is for the Halberd Fighter) and you're good to go

Everyone else can just self improve I guess

Seth should arrive at the boss long before the spider at least in my experiences.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

That is a good strategy, but I just rout it. It's not easy, but it gives my unit's exp, and wasting exp is against my religion. *sarcasm*

On easy/normal mode, routing is only hard if the dude with the halberd attacks Franz...

On easy/normal mode, routing is only hard if the dude with the halberd attacks Franz...

or when you try the chapter with only 2 or 3 unpromoted units.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally never use Seth (I used to think he was a marcus equivalent and now I don't want him to break my game) Chapter 6 can be tough especially on hard, but I have never had that many problems with it. The biggest difficulty in my mind is actually the cavalier reinforcements that arrive eventually. I usually beat this chapter on hard by going north (sometimes I leave someone tough like Gilliam in a forest to stop the cavaliers advance. Simply go around and kill the boss... I know that fort and the forests to the east look promising but on harder difficulties, you don't have enough strong units to stop the advancing infantry and cavaliers from the west. Also you really don't have to worry about the spider simply send vanessa to move the children south then put her in the way of the spider with a vulnerability and antitoxin, the spider will eventually die. Good luck

Oh yes, All this is without that silly Seth

Edited by Luckystars

It would be the best way to end it fast...

HOWEVER, if you want an alternative method, and you've been training Ross (Gilliam may work too) and Artur or Lute, then send those with Vanessa Past the village to the South. Use Gilliam or Ross to take the brunt of the knights and other enemies, healing him where necessary, while finishing off the rest. PUSH FORWARD AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. Leave Seth and Eirika near the fort to distract/own the riders (Would suggest putting Eirika on a mountain with the Rapier, Seth on the Fort with Javelins). Eventually, get Vanessa to where the spider appears, and rescue the civilians if you have enough time, or just protect/kill the spider.

This is if you are aiming to minimse Seth use. You could even put someone else on the fort if you wanted in a Sethless run (Would recommend Franz, or maybe Ross if you're using Ross on the village path).

This is by no means an easier alternative, of course. Just an alternative if you want to try something different to the norm.