So, about Krom's stats

I'm relatively new to the FE franchise, and really have very little point of reference, but i'm very curious about Krom's stats, and, more importantly, how they compare to other units in the game.

Is he good? Is he great? Are his overall abilities and workings viable? Is there an easy way to sum up how he is?

Of course, I ask because he's my favorite design thus far... *hence my avatar*

Could be a general Krom discussion as well, if we would like~~

Well, let's start with China FE calculating he has character bonus of +1 to nearly every stat and go from there. wink.gif

Haha, why sir, I believe you SEVERELY underestimate my n00b level. You see, i'm no ordinary n00b. I'm a mega n00b.

Yeah, I don't quite know what that means lol. Does that mean that, when he has supports from other characters, or when he doubles up in battle with them? Also, relatively, is that a lot or little?

im guessing he's gonna be as good as Ike, of course it depends on how you train him too

From the looks of it, and with his skills, it seems like he particularly specializes in pulling off doubles and critical hits. Having Aether, such a high Skill stat (from what i've seen), and having the Divine Falchion with a high-crit ratio tells me this, but of course I don't know if this is high in relation to other units.

Edited by LegendaryHero0

http://bbs.fireemble...=223595&fpage=1 <The page with the stats. Hit Google translate or something. Basically, each character is good and bad in a few areas, so that sets them apart from each other so you don't have to people of the same class being exactly the same. These bonuses stick with the character no matter what else they turn into.

Edit: Though the chart I posted doesn't have the calculations for Gangrel in it, his'll prolly be released somewhere else eventually.

Edited by Only My Unit

http://bbs.fireemble...=223595&fpage=1 <The page with the stats. Hit Google translate or something. Basically, each character is good and bad in a few areas, so that sets them apart from each other so you don't have to people of the same class being exactly the same. These bonuses stick with the character no matter what else they turn into.

Edit: Though the chart I posted doesn't have the calculations for Gangrel in it, his'll prolly be released somewhere else eventually.

Ah, okay, I understand now! I appreciate it~

But yeah, those make sense to me, what with him being the lord- and therefore the "King piece" of the units.

To put it simply, Krom is in general a bit better than most of the first gen units. What sets him apart the most are access to rare abillities (Aether, Royal weapon) and access to a unique sword.

However most of the second tier units will end up better off in terms of raw stats. The second gen units have access to all the normal classes of their parents, higher max stats (a combination of both parents bonuses +1), higher starting stats, and one skill from each of their parents. Which means they even have access to rare skills that would otherwise be unobtainable. like skills from female and male only classes, or Aether.

Krom is usually my strongest Gen 1 fighter, but it is worth noting that his kid will pass him up due to better bases and access to better skills.

With a reclass or two though, he keeps up with his kid in terms of fighting strength, but that is true for most Gen 1 characters.

Yeah, the kid has the issues of joining halfway through the game and a bit behind in stats to start. Krom's weapon is also slightly better at endgame.

For the earlier part, though, Krom is fantastic, easily the second-best earlygame character after Frederick. This gets especially highlighted in the higher difficulty levels, specifically Lunatic and up where other characters are very liable to get doubled and 2HKOed. Krom is better than the other non-Frederick characters at holding off an enemy or two or backing up Frederick to give him the Speed to double enemies.

I've heard he is pretty good, not amazing, but his kid just leaves him in the dust.

I'll use him, but he won't be killing everything.. That's MU's job. :)

He seems good all-around, but his Spd and Def are particularly notable from what I've seen.

Haven't noticed anything special with crits, and Double has no ratios involved. If you mean Dual Attacks, he does have an increased probability of activating those.

Alright, that makes sense. What exactly does he exceed at doing particularly? Am I correct in assuming that he Krom has a very high crit+double ratio?

All his stats are good, but his strength and speed are even better, from what I've heard.

Haven't noticed anything special with crits, and Double has no ratios involved. If you mean Dual Attacks, he does have an increased probability of activating those.

Yeah, my bad, meant Dual attacks.

Well that's great.. he basically seems like he's all I need out of a unit B) .. I know it's difficult to compare units in this game to others due to the raised stat caps, but it definitely sounds like he'll be relatively successful in comparison.

Glad to see such a badass design not be wasted on poor stats..

Glad to hear Krom is a good unit. I'm always weary of being forced to use a Lord that I have to protect for the entire game, so hearing Krom is good puts me at ease.

You and me both, my friend..

Also, anybody know how late you get the Divine Falchion? I hope it's not TOO late into the game..