How to translate FE6 into English (WITH PICTURES)

Many seem to be confused about how to translate FE6 blink.gif so i'm posting a quick guide on how to do it. If you don't like reading, just watch the video.

::VIDEO FOR HARD PATCHING ONLY::

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

HARD PATCHING

Hard patching is using a program to manually apply a patch to the rom itself. This is permanent.

Step 1: Obtain the FE6 #0378 ROM. I cant post the link, but you should be able to find it via google.

fe6rompicture.png

Step 2: Extract the .rar file of your ROM, you should get a .gba extension file.

fe6gbafilepicture.png

Step 3: Go get the translation patch by CLICKING HERE

fe6ipspicture.png

Step 4: Obtain IPSWin by CLICKING HERE

ipswinpicture.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 5: Open up IPSWin and select your #0378 ROM and the fe6.ips patch in the specified slots.

ipswinfe6patchscreensho.png

Step 6: Run your ROM using an emulator, it should now be in english! gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

fe6screenshotstart.png

SOFT PATCHING

Soft patching can be temporary, and is simpler.

Only Step: Download the patch, put it in the same folder as your ROM, and rename it to what your ROM is named, except for the file extension (the .GBA).Alternatively, you can rename the ROM to the same name as the patch. cool.gif

Edited by Nihil

Isn't there already have a patching tutorial?... and I doubt the pictures were really needed.

You probably should also mention soft patching (which is in my opinion much easier) and alternative patching programs. Lunar IPS anyone? also some people don't know how to extract .RAR files. Maybe mention that?

ive done that, i get to the start menu press start, and it wont let me select new game or extra, ive tried soft patch re-downloading, hard patch but it doesnt work, i use visual boy adv. can i get some help? please

ive done that, i get to the start menu press start, and it wont let me select new game or extra, ive tried soft patch re-downloading, hard patch but it doesnt work, i use visual boy adv. can i get some help? please

Honestly i don't know for sure why you are having this problem, but make sure you have extracted the RAR you downloaded, and have the #0378 ROM. Try downloading the ROM from a different site.

It's pretty straightforward. Extract RAR, use patcher of your choice on ROM and patch. And I also prefer LIPS, personally.

Yeah LIPS may be better, but i just used IPSWin when i first patched a game so i guess i'm more comfortable with it

Since ever. It's been a constancy.

Yeah i tried for hours and hours the first time and nobody told me i had to extract the rar Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Isn't there already have a patching tutorial?... and I doubt the pictures were really needed.

You probably should also mention soft patching (which is in my opinion much easier) and alternative patching programs. Lunar IPS anyone? also some people don't know how to extract .RAR files. Maybe mention that?

Thanks i'll add in soft patching. and the pictures just make it look better and in case somebody needs to know what the files will be named

Edited by Sirius

i downloaded using another site and got the same problem, im doing the extract all option and placing on a removable thumb drive, i did it on the hard drive as well but again the same problem, could i be missing a step im pretty sure ive done everything i need too, and in the jap before i use ispwin i can get past it and start the game, if that helps?

i downloaded using another site and got the same problem, im doing the extract all option and placing on a removable thumb drive, i did it on the hard drive as well but again the same problem, could i be missing a step im pretty sure ive done everything i need too, and in the jap before i use ispwin i can get past it and start the game, if that helps?

Maybe use a different extracter, i used WinRar with the option "extract here" upon a right click.

Edit button is there for a reason.

As for the person having a problem with the patch.

Extract your ROM. And play it, unpatched.

If it works, then you're doing something wrong while patching it. Your patch is probably corrupt in that case.

I'd do this, but i have to share all of my computers with my roommates, and they're afraid it will slow them down. (They won't be convinced)

If they think that, you should just lie and say you're playing it online or something.

Thanks, translators. I wouldn't have known it was Fire Emblem if you hadn't mentioned it twice.

One's in Kana, one's in English.

Blue is default in English even with the unpatched ROM.

Thanks, translators. I wouldn't have known it was Fire Emblem if you hadn't mentioned it twice.

LOL i never noticed that!

There IS a patching tutorial, but it is for general patching. THIS tutorial is how to translate FE6

One's in Kana, one's in English.

Blue is default in English even with the unpatched ROM.

:P I never really got how in Japanese games they put the name of the game in English but the whole game is in Japanese.......... Might not just be Japan though.

Edited by Nihil

So why not remove the blue? Once is enough and cleaner. Just look at Puyo 15th's translated title screen, only one "Puyo Puyo".

I wanted them to change the blue title to katakana but they never got around to doing that or to just getting rid of it (these days I would go with throwing it out instead of altering it).

• 4 weeks later...