Dark Magic users seem better here than in other FE games.

Retsudo

1. Aren't weighed down by their tomes.

2. Gain access to different skills through class changes and pairings. Including skills that give them more avoid and hit.

3. Are the only siege tome wielders.

4. Can take enough hits.

5. Can double attack, heal though Nosferatu, attack with siege tomes. While also taking enough hits.

They seem better.

Infinitely buyable Nosferatu from rather early is their main new feature, making it so much more easily usable as to more than make up for its halved healing effect. That and tank stats. The lack of Wt helps also, although Henry is still pitifully slow no matter what.

Saria is top tier, no question.

Anyone can gain access to any skills though. Oh well.

The siege tome can't double attack, I'm sure. It's still god like though.

Nosferatu's nerf makes it worse but it is still usable.

My Sariya is god-like.

My Henry is stat screwed or is just plain bad. Lvl 15 Dark Knight Henry with 20 speed although I gave him 3 speedwings makes me cry.

Saria is top tier, no question.

I have a bad feeling when the game is out for everyone and the tier discussions start, she'll end up somewhere in Low Mid because she's not mounted. There's always Dark Knight, but don't they lose the ability to use dark magic?

Have you tried making Henry a thief? As I understand it, thieves have high speed.

Now, why would I want to give up his dark magic like that?

Spending that many levels as a thief just for speed doesn't really seem worth it.

Does access to Staff save sages in anyway?

They're good, and faster than Sorcerers. But they're not that great.

I have a bad feeling when the game is out for everyone and the tier discussions start, she'll end up somewhere in Low Mid because she's not mounted. There's always Dark Knight, but don't they lose the ability to use dark magic?

Absurd. With Double, unmounted units can easily hop on mounted units for movement extensions and then attack from there. And with how tough enemies are, you're not going to be moving nearly that fast outside of Normal mode anyway.

Becoming a Dark Knight does cost access to dark magic, but hypothetically, if being mounted was more important than dark magic, then she would just do that. But it isn't: you really only need half your team mounted to move as fast as you could, if you could even move that fast.

Personally, I'll probably end up offset Henry's Speed issue by reclassing him through Barbarian->Berserker: Those classes tend to also have good Speed growths, and the "Gamble+Wrath+Vengeance" Trio makes him a good Ruin-wielder...

Wait, something silly I just noticed: Henry has better Skill than Speed but has access to Speed-boosting classes, while Sariya is more Speed than Skill but the base classes she can change into are Skill-boosting ones...

Wait, something silly I just noticed: Henry has better Skill than Speed but has access to Speed-boosting classes, while Sariya is more Speed than Skill but the base classes she can change into are Skill-boosting ones...

Probably intended for this purpose. It does take a lot of time, though.

Personally, I'll probably end up offset Henry's Speed issue by reclassing him through Barbarian->Berserker: Those classes tend to also have good Speed growths, and the "Gamble+Wrath+Vengeance" Trio makes him a good Ruin-wielder...

While if I ever get my hands on this game, I probably will class-change him into that, it's amusing, at least to me, to think of a scrawny, little guy like Henry being this big, muscle-bound Berserker.

Absurd. With Double, unmounted units can easily hop on mounted units for movement extensions and then attack from there. And with how tough enemies are, you're not going to be moving nearly that fast outside of Normal mode anyway.

Becoming a Dark Knight does cost access to dark magic, but hypothetically, if being mounted was more important than dark magic, then she would just do that. But it isn't: you really only need half your team mounted to move as fast as you could, if you could even move that fast.

A lack of seize chapters makes movement not the same end-all stat it used to be in just about any other FE games (besides warpskip strats). You're not very mobile? Then guard this place here and contribute to a rout.

I guess I won't really understand how Double works until I get the English release and play it myself. How quickly can a character that ties to another using Double act, immediately or turn 2? Does your turn end if you swap positions with the one character in the pair who can attack at one point? And the rescue/drop mechanic, can anyone put anybody out and into the Double position, including priests moving armoured knights around?

This just might be the first FE (though Shadow Dragon does come pretty close) where having a mount won't be the decisive factor as to how good a unit is.

t's amusing, at least to me, to think of a scrawny, little guy like Henry being this big, muscle-bound Berserker.

Since IS gave him that option in the first place, they probably thought it would be hilariously out of place as well. After all, he's just totally different from the other two* playable Barbarians.

(* Three, if you count Gangrel, who interestingly has the exact same class set as Henry. Hm..)

Since IS gave him that option in the first place, they probably thought it would be hilariously out of place as well. After all, he's just totally different from the other two* playable Barbarians.

(* Three, if you count Gangrel, who interestingly has the exact same class set as Henry. Hm..)

Or four. Vake, Grego, Basilio, and Gangrel.