Something I don't get about post apocalyptic zombie movies

I've watched a few of them lately, like the "28 Days later" movies, "Dawn of the dead", "I am legend", etc. and I was wondering...if zombies supposedly eat humans, how are they able to eat them of a bite transforms them into a zombie? They don't eat their kind.

I've wondered that, too. I don't have as technical an explanation for this as I would like as far as ESTABLISHED ZOMBIE CANON goes, but I assume they stop eating somebody once they've turned. People would only get cleaned to the bone by the average slow zombie type if they're taken down by a horde, or if their head gets eaten first. Zombies usually seem to be retarded enough that they don't learn well, though, so I assume the average zombie doesn't destroy someone's head before they turn, hence their numbers.

Maybe it takes a bit for them to transform into the zombie? I know in some stories the person gets bite, has a fever or something, dies, and then comes back to life as a zombie.

In Dawn of the Dead, I'm pretty sure the guy who dies saying "I'm gonna try not to come back" takes a bit to become a zombie. Also, presumably if a certain amount of damage has been done to their body by the time they die, they won't become a zombie.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

What I thought.

Zombies eat brains not the whole body. Maybe nibble on something while you run away, you might be armless or have a few holes in you. You turn into a zombie from the infection later.

Zombies don't need food to survive they're already dead.

I wasn't trying to contradict him. Generally, zombies seem to like tearing and biting but I haven't noticed a lot of chewing or swallowing from them, so it seems like they just kill, don't it. I was just saying that if I was a zombie, I would do things differently.

I guess I've never seen a zombie thing where zombies actually ceased functioning without eating, that could easily be another thing that depends on the universe. I think the average zombie usually at least has an urge to eat, even if it doesn't do anything for them, though I don't usually see the zombie digestive process talked about.

It's just one fake attempt at a source, but the Zombie Survival Guide's idea is that they have an urge to eat living flesh, and only stop functioning eventually because their bodies have lost any ability to heal, so their muscle is just worn down by the environment to the point where they can't move. That's also just the shambling variety, though, so the deal is even less clear for zombies like the Left 4 Dead ones who can mutate and shit.

I guess I've never seen a zombie thing where zombies actually ceased functioning without eating, that could easily be another thing that depends on the universe. I think the average zombie usually at least has an urge to eat, even if it doesn't do anything for them, though I don't usually see the zombie digestive process talked about.

It's just one fake attempt at a source, but the Zombie Survival Guide's idea is that they have an urge to eat living flesh, and only stop functioning eventually because their bodies have lost any ability to heal, so their muscle is just worn down by the environment to the point where they can't move. That's also just the shambling variety, though, so the deal is even less clear for zombies like the Left 4 Dead ones who can mutate and shit.

8O

You've never been me. If you had, you'd know that I'd know. (⌐cool.gif_cool.gif)

look-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-gif-574.png

Do zombies go to the bathroom?

I still stick my original points. So I don't think they do, some might have a hole where their stomach is so they can't even get food through.

I still stick my original points. So I don't think they do, some might have a hole where their stomach is so they can't even get food through.

Do we typically see human characters in zombie movies go to the bathroom?

If they have a hole where the stommach is they don't even need to go to the bathroom.

Do we typically see human characters in zombie movies go to the bathroom?

If they have a hole where the stommach is they don't even need to go to the bathroom.

Human characters have nothing to do with zombies going to the bathroom. Also, there is the stall scene in zombieland.

Human characters have nothing to do with zombies going to the bathroom. Also, there is the stall scene in zombieland.

The point is that, in answer to your original question,

The answer is principally a matter of speculation.

I've tried having one of these before.

There's always the one asshole.

In this case it was me.

I'm so sorry.

[spoiler=Don't worry about it, there's a hater in all of us. We can be forgiven for letting him out occasionally]Haters-horse-ice.gif

Edited by Rehab