Can someone please be of some help?

Konnor97

I was messing around a little and then my savestates and saves were gone, so can someone get please get me a savestate of around Ch3? I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Konnor97

Ok, when I say 'messing around', I meant I was getting the newest version of the translation patch (a few topics below this), and I didn't realize this would affect my saves, and I didn't have a back-up (Facepalm_emote_gif.gif). Sorry if I sounded like an idiot in the original post. Anything is still very much appreciated. Sorry, double-post.

Edited by Konnor97

I have one with a save file at the beginning of C3. But I play on the Chinese translation. How does changing the translation affect your saves, anyway? As far as I can tell, it doesn't (switched between FE4 English and Chinese, and between two Chinese versions of FE5, no problem either way).

EDIT: you probably don't want my save file, as it's for a draft. (Sigurd, Lex, Noish, Holyn, Fury) But the offer stands.

Edited by Kiriane

I'm good, thanks for the offer though. Someone PM'd me a save yesterday but I forgot to report that it happened. Now I just need to close the topic, once I figure out how to.

Ok, when I say 'messing around', I meant I was getting the newest version of the translation patch (a few topics below this), and I didn't realize this would affect my saves, and I didn't have a back-up (Facepalm_emote_gif.gif). Sorry if I sounded like an idiot in the original post. Anything is still very much appreciated. Sorry, double-post.

Still, it shouldn't have affected your save. If you still have the save, you can always patch a fresh ROM with the translation patch you used, which should in theory allow you access to your savestates. Then you can make a normal SRAM save, which should be compatible.

Though honestly, it sounds more like the saves aren't incompatible, but that they're named differently than your newest patched ROM--and some emulators will only show saves if they're named the same as the ROM, to prevent mix-ups.

Still, it shouldn't have affected your save. If you still have the save, you can always patch a fresh ROM with the translation patch you used, which should in theory allow you access to your savestates. Then you can make a normal SRAM save, which should be compatible.

Though honestly, it sounds more like the saves aren't incompatible, but that they're named differently than your newest patched ROM--and some emulators will only show saves if they're named the same as the ROM, to prevent mix-ups.

Yeah, the Chapter/normal saves and savestates depend on the ROM, and when I tried to patch the game with the new translation patch, it stayed normal, like with the original patch, and so I renamed the thing (I have no clue what I was thinking then), thinking that would keep the saves, and was hoping that I could repatch it then with no problems. Another problem could be that I don't/didn't know how to unpatch a ROM (which I'm going to need know when the ending comes). I use zsnesw151 if that makes a difference.

Edited by Konnor97

Yeah, the Chapter/normal saves and savestates depend on the ROM, and when I tried to patch the game with the new translation patch, it stayed normal, like with the original patch, and so I renamed the thing (I have no clue what I was thinking then), thinking that would keep the saves, and was hoping that I could repatch it then with no problems. Another problem could be that I don't/didn't know how to unpatch a ROM (which I'm going to need know when the ending comes). I use zsnesw151 if that makes a difference.

Rename the game file back to the original name or rename the saves to match the current file name. The patched state of the rom shouldn't affect the saves.

I changed a newly found backup (I copied one that had the new patch) to the original name, and that worked to regain my normal save that I though was lost, so thanks. I just changed the name of the original patch, changed the new translation to the name with my save and repatched it, and it worked! Ardan now shows Vantage instead of Ambush, and is still a General like in my main file. Thanks for all the help.happy.gif