Help with FE3.

Konnor97

I'm having some problems trying to get FE3 working. Snes9x doesn't want to load because of some d3dx9_38.dll problem (it is missing apparently, but I don't have any clue what it is), zsnes doesn't want to load the game because it freezes and just stops after I wait for a bit or if I press start, bsnes is just a file (no folder at all) which I don't know how to get it working ,so can anybody please be of help?

Snes9x is version 1.53 win32, zsnes is 1.51, and the only patch is the FE3 translation patch pinned above this. Bsnes is v089.tar.xz, which is just a file.

Snes9x is version 1.53 win32, zsnes is 1.51, and the only patch is the FE3 translation patch pinned above this. Bsnes is v089.tar.xz, which is just a file.

Did you extract BSNES? Also, make sure you download the version meant to be run, not necessarily something like its source or something.

But yeah, you should have DirectX installed--but that should almost be a given. If you do have it installed, then go download that .dll file through a google search and place it in the same folder as the emulator. First of all, you should verify ZSNES not being able to load FE3 whatsoever, and if it still doesn't, then if it runs any games at all. This will help point out if your patched version is the problem, or if you have an actual problem with the emulation.

Well, I got the problem fixed now. I got the DirectX updated and it started working fine. Zsnes would load it to the extent of it actually coming up, but it would freeze up and just stop if I left it alone for a while so it would go to the intro or if I press something like start. Zsnes still runs my other games perfectly fine. I downloaded Bsnes from its main site and it just became a file, no folder or anything. I also tried getting it from an emulator site (Emulator Zone) and it was still just a file. The one from its site is a XZ file and the one from the other site is a 7Z file.

7z is a type of compression, so it was in something like a zip or rar file. Winrar and 7zip should both support it... but BSNES is a little more taxing on most people's computer, as it strives for complete accuracy. ZSNES and Snes9X don't have the best emulation around... but hey, if it's working, that's great :)