Colm promoting at 10/0, Forde promoting later

I plan to promote Colm to Rogue as soon as he reaches 10/0 (and he's at 9 now). The reasoning behind that (rather than just waiting for 20/0) is that his job is to open chests and locked doors, nothing more. And a rogue can do that without relying on a lockpick that breaks after 15 chests. Since he has no supports (Neimi has been benched since I got her) gioves me even less of a reason to use him for anything besides that.

Forde, however, is at level 10, but will probably be used regularily. So he'll have to wait for the Knight Crest that he may get.

If all you plan to do with him is open locks, you didn't need to train him to begin with. 15 Lockpick uses lasts pretty much the entire game, and you also get some random keys along the way, as well as Rennac.

If all you plan to do with him is open locks, you didn't need to train him to begin with. 15 Lockpick uses lasts pretty much the entire game, and you also get some random keys along the way, as well as Rennac.

this. Sell the Ocean Seal, you won't have 15 locks to pick before C14, and in C14 you get Rennac who does everything.

He loses the price of the promotion item. And lets take a look at chests and doors throughout the game. (Eirika's route although I doubt Ephriam's could have too many more)

CHP 3- 4 chests and one door. none of which need to be opened, but i will humor you.

CHP 4- nope

CHP 5- nope

CHP 6- nope

CHP 7- nope

CHP 8- 3 chests, 2 doors. Again im going to humor you with the doors even though we get a door key for the 1st door.

CHP 9- nope

CHP 10- 1 door. even though we get another door key.

CHP 11- 3 chests. absolutely no reason to open the door.

CHP 12- nope

CHP 13- nope

CHP 14- 1 door i guess, and then Hi Rennac!

Yeah thats 15 uses at most. Not to mention: we can steal an extra lockpick in CHP 8, we get several keys, we can buy door keys, and our staff users want to use unlock staffs on some doors for the good Wexp and Cexp.

You shouldn't EVER burn through 15 lockpick uses.

I would like to point out that 15 Lockpick uses may NOT actually last him that long

Pretty much the only way to actually run out of lockpick uses before getting Rennac would be to actively go out of your way to open every single door (without the numerous door keys you get) regardless of whether or not it's actually blocking your way while at the same time getting every single chest and failing to steal from any enemy thieves ever.

Or repeatedly going to the 3rd floor of the Tower of Valni and opening that chest over and over again, I guess, but why would anyone do that?