i have a few questions about inverse and the childer characters (probable spoilers)

so i was reading the boss list and saw that inverse is the penultimate boss instead of faulder. i thought that it would be the oter way around. so whats up with inverse, does she have some secret agenda? is she the secret mastermind? and what happened to gangrel, why does he join you? has inverse betrayed him?

on another note with the children character do you have to have their parents paired up before a certain point inp with chambray and make another male tagel the game or can you pair them up afterward and have the gaiden chapter appear then. because i really want to pair a female MU up with chambray and make another male tagul to make up for the fact i cant get a male manakette at all.

Inverse and Fauder seem to be the main antagonists together. I'm not sure why Fauder dies first, but it looks to me like it's because of a certain gambit he tries to pull off in Ch23. Do note that you fight Inverse first, but she survives.

It does seem that Inverse throws Gangrel under the bus early in the game. But that's not all there is to it. See, Gangrel doesn't join during the main story. He joins in a bonus sidequest available through SpotPass after completing Ch25 to unlock the Final. As far as I can tell, he does die during the main story, but he's back for some reason, and Krom is able (and willing) to recruit him. Same story with Valhart, who joins in the second bonus sidequest that was made available, although both appear as enemies in their respective maps, and you have to actually defeat Valhart after having Krom fight him in order to get him to join.

The thing is, they aren't the only ones. Three other characters who die during the main story are also set to join in those maps, although their maps haven't been released yet: Emelina, Renha, and Inverse. I'm not sure why even Inverse is willing to join you, but apparently she is. There's also a sixth character whose identity isn't known and doesn't appear in the main story, but his name seems to be Paris. I suspect he's a certain character mentioned in the story who died some time before, but we'll have to see. Just seven more weeks, if the pattern holds.

As for the children characters, there's no deadline. Krom gets automatically paired with his closest option during the story, but anyone else can wait. For the rest, you can hold off to make their pairings as late as endgame / postgame and unlock and play the sidequests however late you want. So as long as you don't get your MU paired up with anyone else before then, yeah, you'll be able to pair her with Chambray when you want and get male Mark as a Taguel.

Male MU and Gangrel's supports mention something about Inverse being brainwashed, so maybe her brainwashing has reversed by the time she is recruitable.

Are you sure? It sounds like he might be saying Inverse was doing the brainwashing.

Edited by Othin

As far as I can tell, he does die during the main story, but he's back for some reason, and Krom is able (and willing) to recruit him. Same story with Valhart, who joins in the second bonus sidequest that was made available, although both appear as enemies in their respective maps, and you have to actually defeat Valhart after having Krom fight him in order to get him to join.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't die during the main story and just disappears after you beat him, because if you recruit him and enter endgame he has dialog after you kill the boss. (like every other awakening character including Valhart ) He also has an ending if I remember correctly.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it though,it could be that he's reincarnated because it certainly seems that it's they way they're gonna introduce Emelina (maybe Renha too) right?

I mean, what other excuse could they come up with since we saw her dying.

Edited by Velth

I'm pretty sure he doesn't die during the main story because if you recruit him and enter endgame he has dialog after you kill the boss. (like every other character including Valhart) He also has an ending if I remember correctly.

Well, he's alive somehow. Doesn't mean he wasn't dead at one point. I mean, I'm sure the same will go for Emelina when she becomes available in half a week, but she clearly dies during the main story, and I'm sure they confirm her death.

It may be worth recalling how in Valhart's map, his reinforcements materialize in front of the gravestones.

Edited by Othin

Are you sure? It sounds like he might be saying Inverse was doing the brainwashing.

Gangrel: I have thought about that. My reign of terror and Inverse's brainwashing... That was a real terrible act on my part. I can't say anything else about it.

Gangel are you dead?

gangreldunno.png

Edited by Modern Major General

Gangrel: I have thought about that. My reign of terror and Inverse's brainwashing... That was a real terrible act on my part. I can't say anything else about it.

gangreldunno.png

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. It's not clear what he's saying. Sounds like it could be any of these:

-Gangrel brainwashed Inverse as part of his "terrible acts"

-Gangrel helped Inverse brainwash people in Perezia as part of his "terrible acts"

-Inverse brainwashed Gangrel, causing him to do his "terrible acts", but he's taking responsibility

The first doesn't sound right, as everything points to Inverse manipulating Gangrel to serve Fauder's ends. The only logical possibility for someone who could have brainwashed Inverse in that case is Fauder, but that doesn't seem relevant at all: Gangrel isn't talking about Fauder, and I don't think it's clear if the two ever even interact, so it doesn't make sense that that's what Gangrel would be saying. So I think it's one of the latter two, which put Inverse as the brainwasher rather than the brainwashee.

If Inverse can join the party and support MU she could have children with him? Could you get that Dark Magic skill passed onto Mark?

Looking at the ones that are released so far, MU can have a kid with Gangrel and Valhart, with Mark being able to inherit Valhart's Conqueror skill but not his Overlord class. The available supports also confirm the other SpotPass characters as potentially being able to pair with MU and have Mark, but they don't have other supports. It should also be possible to pass Dark Blessing to Mark as a result.

In short, yes to the first, almost certainly yes to the second.

Edited by Othin