Questions about New Game+

Anytime when you have the Wireless option available (past the first few maps), you can add your game's MU to a list of up to 99 bonus characters. This stores any SpotPass and DLC characters you've recruited, as well as any guest MUs from other players' games. The list is shared between your files, and you can update the characters to the one you currently have on one of your files at any time.

However, accessing the characters requires hiring them at rather high prices, depending mostly on their stats. My maxed out MU on my first file has a price of over 60k to hire onto another file. Once you hire them, you can keep them for as long as you want, but they're counted as part of a group of up to 20 bonus characters you can have on one file. This group of 20 includes any SpotPass and DLC characters from past games, as well as guest MUs. The "secret" storyline characters recruited through SpotPass maps are not included: they join permanently and are treated as regular characters. Similarly, your own game's MU is not counted, and cannot be updated.

so if i have all 99 slots filled and want to get someone else, if i kick out say star lord marth and then at a later date want him back do i then need to purchase him again or just recruit him again buy redoing the stage and will his stats be the same?

so if i have all 99 slots filled and want to get someone else, if i kick out say star lord marth and then at a later date want him back do i then need to purchase him again or just recruit him again buy redoing the stage and will his stats be the same?

You'll just need to redo his stage: once you purchase the DLC, it stays available for all files you play with that SD card, if that's what you're asking.

However, he'll be back to his starting condition of LV8 Star Lord. If you leveled him up on your file to be like a LV22 Star Lord or a LV6 Griffin Knight or something, then kicked him off your active team, the only way to preserve him is to put him on the list of 99 bonus characters, so if you erase him from that as well, he'll be gone. But keep in mind that he'll only be gone if you kick him off both your list of 20 active characters and your list of 99 stored characters.

I should note that I haven't really tested this, and I'm not sure about the details of the list of 99 stored characters. It saves WExp within current weapon levels, but not Exp within current level, and the characters don't have items, either, although I assume if you kick them off your active team their items just get put in storage. But does it save inactive weapon levels? Inactive skills? Stats that have increased enough through other classes to go through their current class's caps? I don't have the answers to these.

Edited by Othin