Mapping Voting

Chocolate Kitty

21 members have voted

1. 1. Where would leafy boy most likely appear?

• [img]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq29/primefusion/Mapping%20Competition/SFRound27-1.png[/img] - Prime
    • [img]http://i.imgur.com/Mxruk.png[/img] - Celice

[6:37:50 PM] Feawture: Tileset:

Any of the FE5 Outdoor tilesets (including city/zoomed in tilesets).

Size: 15~35 in any direction (15x15 to 35x35)

- Must contain water, mountains, and cliffs

- at least 2 villages/big houses

forgot about celice's entirely

Ahh this tileset is gorgeous. Voted Prime 'cause I really dig those mountains at the top contrasted by the tiny beach on the bottom right. These both seem really great though, from my limited understanding of map creation

I just realized that Celice's map is a recreation of an FE9 map, I think the one where Mist and Rolf join you and you get your first beast characters. That is badass.

...it's the same map that he wanted to enter in a previous contest that's theme was 'recreate chapter 9 from fe9'

I'll just assume you forgot

Well, this time there was a tileset not everyone may have been interested in, not to mention people in schools were finishing up their last terms or still in their last terms (like me), not to mention other things. Personally, I'd like to see mapping for something other than Fire Emblem.

Personally, I'd like to see mapping for something other than Fire Emblem.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of this being on a Fire Emblem Forum

or do you mean in general

Edited by Kitty of Time

i'd agree with you but i can't actually think of anything in the creative section (offhand mind you i could probably find something if i cared enough to look) that's wholly unrelated to fe

a few one-offs, i guess

(and i'd be game for another game tileset anyway)

Well, if you look at it that way, we shouldn't allow anything non-Fire Emblem in the creative section. I don't think you're wanting to look at it that way, are you?

when did I say anything like that

who are you

In general means in general.

i'm sorry what

can you

shut up and try that again

you suggested said idea in the mapping competition thread, so one can only assume you meant in the mapping competition.

hence why i asked if you meant in general

Edited by Kitty of Time

Warcraft III, let's do it.

[spoiler=Spoiler'd for size]

WCIIISample.png

Torchlight would be cool as well. >_>

Do you have to own Torchlight to make levels for it? I only ever played the demo, way back when :/

As long the editing is pretty intuitive and simple. Definitely not something like Hammer--heck, even the Bethesda construction kits are a bit difficult for people to just jump in and make something with.

Do you have to own Torchlight to make levels for it? I only ever played the demo, way back when :/

As long the editing is pretty intuitive and simple. Definitely not something like Hammer--heck, even the Bethesda construction kits are a bit difficult for people to just jump in and make something with.

I don't remember if you have to actually have TL to use the editor. You probably do though since you can playtest your level in the editor and that likely requires a bunch of the files included with the game itself.

The editor is actually rather confusing. However, it does come with documentation written by the development staff which is very helpful. Anyone interested ought to check out this thread. (If this violates some advertising rule, my bad)

There's also that Project Zelda Engine if anyone's interesting in make 2D LoZ maps.