How many times can you change clasess in this game?

You can still go with random skirmishes if necessary, even with it being a bit pricey to summon more. Also, any DLC helps. You can get mountains of cash from a single run of Gold and Silver, and play it unlimited times on any file... Wouldn't recommend it during the main story, but you have enough gold there.

How much are the change seals?

2500 each. You can buy them from traveling merchants at random, but they only carry a few items and one of each.

They become available in unlimited quantities after Ch16. It's not hard to afford however many you need.

Probably not 99 if you weren't doing any grinding and didn't use any DLC. But you're not going to have trouble getting however many you need.

I have a question related to this: do the traveling merchants only appear once or twice between chapters, is it just time-based (if so, do you know any estimate of appearance) or is it action-based (play a few street/spotpass/DLC and they'll appear in between)? On the Japanese sites I've checked only around 2 types of merchandise lists per chapter are shown, so I'm confused if that's all there is or nobody has waited enough to see more.

After seeing on SF that you can only claim each Fame reward once per file, my initial strategy was crumbled because now I'd have to wait after chapter 16 for more of the children, unless patience is rewarded.

I have a question related to this: do the traveling merchants only appear once or twice between chapters, is it just time-based (if so, do you know any estimate of appearance) or is it action-based (play a few street/spotpass/DLC and they'll appear in between)? On the Japanese sites I've checked only around 2 types of merchandise lists per chapter are shown, so I'm confused if that's all there is or nobody has waited enough to see more.

After seeing on SF that you can only claim each Fame reward once per file, my initial strategy was crumbled because now I'd have to wait after chapter 16 for more of the children, unless patience is rewarded.

It's time-based, same with skirmishes. I don't know the time, but you can complete a chapter and come back with no new skirmishes/merchants or just leave the game off or on and come back hours later and find new skirmishes/merchants showing up next time you go to the world map.

The sites just list samples. The items are randomly selected, but I'm almost certain they influenced by which map you're on: that is, different maps have the items randomly selected from different sets. For example, I've seen Iron weapons in those shops in the first few maps, but never anywhere else.

It's time-based, same with skirmishes. I don't know the time, but you can complete a chapter and come back with no new skirmishes/merchants or just leave the game off or on and come back hours later and find new skirmishes/merchants showing up next time you go to the world map.

The sites just list samples. The items are randomly selected, but I'm almost certain they influenced by which map you're on: that is, different maps have the items randomly selected from different sets. For example, I've seen Iron weapons in those shops in the first few maps, but never anywhere else.

Ok, thanks. This would be an incentive for leaving the game un-played for a while and coming back later.

Looking at those samples, that seems to hold true for weapons. I don't see a pattern for items though, which might be helpful.